"I like our team"
"we got some young guys we think can do great things for us"
"the division is ours for the taking, its up to us to grab it."

etc

TOPHAT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
INTERVIEW: DETAILS

Rome began the interview with a positive step about the Pacers winning the last 4 games of 2006 season. He continued with another positive comment about that this year should be easier with the offensive and defensive plans implemented. MM responded that they talk about these two things and their positive impacts on their vision for the team’s future. Rome inquired about whether MM has "put out the fire" with Brett Favre about the lack of playmakers and so. MM said everything is fine now.

Rome brought up about the question of Brett attending the mini camp. MM said his preseason plans included Brett at the mini camp. Further, MM talked about his responsibilities to prepare Favre to be the best QB and the leader for the team. MM said he does everything for the best interests of the Pack. Rome continued to probe about Favre discussing hypothetical situations about Brett including how important are Brett’s opinions. MM said they have excellent communications in their relationship, Brett’s opinions are important, and final decisions by management are made for the best interests of the Packer organization.

Rome recalled MM’s days with Joe Montana. MM said Joe was a great example for a young coach to get experiences about coaching. Rome inquired about the Packer draft philosophy, i.e. Harrell choice. MM said they draft the "best player available", but they do want to build a team to win now. Rome asks about a 2 RBs committee system wondering whether the system can both be happy and productive. MM said a team needs to be flexible moving from 2 RB to 1 RB and vice versa to succeed in the NFL.

Then, Rome asked about the similarities being a head coach vs. a coordinator. MM said a coordinator is like coaching because you work with people, involved in community relations, and so on. Rome ended the interview describing MM as a no-nonsense Pittsburgh native.

[align=center]EDITOR'S NOTE: PARAPHRASED SOURCES.[/align]

[align=center]PREDICTION: ECHO "ME" COMING![/align]

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Rome began the interview with a positive step about the Pacers winning the last 4 games of 2006 season. He continued with another positive comment about that this year should be easier with the offensive and defensive plans implemented. MM responded that they talk about these two things and their positive impacts on their vision for the team’s future.

Rome inquired about whether MM has "put out the fire" with Brett Favre about the lack of playmakers and so. MM said everything is fine now.

Rome brought up about the question of Brett attending the mini camp. MM said his preseason plans included Brett at the mini camp.

Further, MM talked about his responsibilities to prepare Favre to be the best QB and the leader for the team. MM said he does everything for the best interests of the Pack.

Rome continued to probe about Favre discussing hypothetical situations about Brett including how important are Brett’s opinions. MM said they have excellent communications in their relationship, Brett’s opinions are important, and final decisions by management are made for the best interests of the Packer organization.

Rome recalled MM’s days with Joe Montana. MM said Joe was a great example for a young coach to get experiences about coaching.

Rome inquired about the Packer draft philosophy, i.e. Harrell choice. MM said they draft the "best player available", but they do want to build a team to win now.

Rome asks about a 2 RBs committee system wondering whether the system can both be happy and productive. MM said a team needs to be flexible moving from 2 RB to 1 RB and vice versa to succeed in the NFL.

Then, Rome asked about the similarities being a head coach vs. a coordinator. MM said a coordinator is like coaching because you work with people, involved in community relations, and so on.

Rome ended the interview describing MM as a no-nonsense Pittsburgh native.

all about da packers said:
Thanks a ton for the recap Tophat. :)
I believe a thanks is due for someone else.

McCarthy on now....

Rome touched on how it'll be easier this year now that the system is implemented, talked about how winning the last 4 games last year has affected them going into this year (McCarthy said they "talk about it often and how it impacts their vision of the future"),

Rome asked about "putting out the fire" with Brett Favre (McCarthy said it's all settled),

Rome asked about Favre/minicamp (McCarthy said in his plan for Brett, he wanted him at the minicamp),

McCarthy talked about how his job is to prepare Brett to be the best QB/leader for this football team, and he does things in the best interest of the Green Bay Packers.

Rome keeps digging for Favre info, throwing out hypothetical situations about Brett and how his opinions are valued (McCarthy says that good communication is required, Brett's opinions are valued, but he and Thompson make the final decisions in the best interest of the organization),

Rome brought up McCarthy's experiences with Joe Montana (McCarthy says Joe was a great example for a young coach to learn from),

Rome asks about draft philosophy (McCarthy uses the "best player available" response, but says they want to win now),

Rome asks about a 2-back system, can both be happy and productive? (McCarthy says that you need to be versatile and move from 2-back to 1-back and vice versa to be successful),

Rome asks about non-football related things associated with being head coach vs. coordinator (McCarthy says it's like coaching because it's interacting with other people; community relations, etc.)

Rome bids fairwell by calling him a no-nonsense Pittsburgh native.

The user "BFavre4MVP" is a poster on another packer forum.

Add some sweetener to that coffee...
FINAL POINTS:
2. I always site the sources, generally, when I post background info on a forum's thread. If you do not have background info, you cannot have an informed perspective, period! However, for wanna bes to tell a professional writer when to upper case, how to space paragraphs, use bold, how many times to edit, and etc., one can only laugh at such competitive posturing. Pack93z had it right with his remark, ..."crossed the line." I suggest serious psychiatric counseling!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
The pissing match continues.... :lol:

Who is stealing content is irrelevant. However when someone claims high status and then steals, yes you damn right I'm gonna expose their lameness :)

Members online

Latest posts