1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

MM on Jim Rome

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by trippster, Oct 26, 2006.

1. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    you must be from around the NC parts Hammer. Packer thinks hes a great radio guy... but its basically just him answering phones and letting people talk very loudly about stupid things. i still listen like a retard but hey. I love olberman and patrick. its good radio most of the time. great interviews and breakin news all the time. plus its pretty funny. cowherd can suck the fattest part of my ***,,,, there is no one more terrible in radio than that guy.

GIVE ME BACK MY SON!

2. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Agreed that the question about Favre was unfair. McCarthy gave him the best possible answer.

I like listening to Rome and Kevin Cowherd and sometimes Dan Patrick. Maybe I like them because I don't get to listen to them very often, so it's a treat when I do. (Usually just when I get to drive somewhere for my job.) Rome's show isn't even broadcast where I live now.

All of these guys are shameless attention hogs, which I guess has something to do with why they're popular. Rome can be funny and insightful, but he does get stuck on the same point at times. But all those guys could be accused of doing that. Rome is just more blatant about it. He also likes to make fun of Raider fans, which probably does not help endear him to Raider Pride.

3. trippster

trippster Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Have you read any of the bear fan's posts on here? :roll: :rotflmao:

4. trippster

trippster Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    What I like about Rome is that he is not afraid to call out someone. Yes, he goes overboard about some subjects but that is his style. I LOVE when he reads the emails... They kill me!

5. scotty

scotty Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I didn't like the "Chris" Everett treatment and I vowed never to listen to Rome after I heard about it, I thought he was a loudmouthed jerk. And he still is.. LOL.. however, I do listen to him, and I have to say I'm hooked. I love the way he calls people out.. The steroid abusers in baseball.. obnoxious college players (Miami U.).. Yesterday he let Denny Green have it for his outburst ("They are who we thought they were!") but moreso Green's follow-up statement yesterday.

I get a real kick out of the show.

6. Hammer

Hammer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, but they are few and far between, and of no real interest to me.

7. Hammer

Hammer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, but when that same person is on, he kisses their arse. Doubt he'd do that to someone's face again, Everett was pretty reserved IMO.

8. BryanAschenbrenner

BryanAschenbrenner Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    That clears it up.

9. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm sure he asked because McCarthy came from SF, but I'm not sure MM ever coached Montana. Anyway, Rome sux.

10. Mr_Bumpy

Mr_Bumpy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Preceding that question, Rome was talking to MM about his time in Kansas City when MM actually got to work with Joe Montana. Rome asked him about what it was like, etc., then dropped the question about who would you give the ball to.

Hope that clears things up a bit.