Mistakes Killed the Pack

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes we played poorly but 10+ penalties at the MOST inopportune moments... A fumble, an INT. All led up to a butt whipping that we deserved.

I think Carroll was being watched by the referees for violations... He seems to have a bullseye on his back by the Referees AND the opposing QBs as well.

I am NOT defending him but there were a couople penalties where it was unjustified... Carroll will be scrutinized by not only the players and the coaches but also the referees and the fans. Talk about the pressure.

As poorly as we played, if we eliminate those mistakes, we win that game.

So much for 16-0, now its 15-1 and superbowl.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have to agree Obi...Carroll is a marked man. One call was complete ********, and another very questionable. That being said, ther is no defending his play right now...he is a marked man for a reason. Thomas has to start next week, and Flanny has to be watched closely...I think his knees might be worse than he and the team are admitting.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Truth be told, I looked forward to hearing #28 called on those penalties, just so I could be mad at him, but after seeing the replay, I was really questioning the calls.

With that said, Carroll needs to play in a manner so that he doesn't have a bullseye on his back, KGB needs to stop jumping the gun, and Clifton needs to learn the snap count...it's clockwork w/ those guys!

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Carroll had two legit penalties, one questionable and one total bs one, but, his reputation as a whiner and a holder is now widespread throughout the league, so much so that he has to be extra careful.

MS, in response to a question regarding whether Carroll was on the hot seat, stated emphatically that he was (it was one of the most direct answers I've ever heard from him). I hope this means that Thomas is starting next week because Thomas looked pretty good to me yesterday.

ORRELSE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see NO reasonable possibility that Carroll starts next week. You guys are right he has a bullseye on his back. On the one questionable penalty against him the ref threw his flag pretty much before the play started. He's a marked man. Let this quiet down a little and put him on the field as a nickel back.

I don't complain about penalties normally but when you have this many against a team--you have to lay the blame on the coaches, not the refs. Our coaches aren't holding guys responsible and they obviously aren't teaching proper fundamentals.

But I'm sure Miek Sherman will "get it fixed" this week. :roll:

carol k

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to an article in the paper today, Favre argued with the refs that some penalities should have been called against the lions. I rarely see Favre argue; so there must be some truth in the fact that there were some penalities that were uncalled for or not called at all. I also heard a little while ago that Walker is out for the season. Just great :cry: :cry: :cry:

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, their d-backs were going through our receivers with regularity. Not an excuse though, we puked :puke: that game away the moment we entered that stadiun uninspired and unprepared....geez, usually Sherman waits until at least week 4 to pull this ****. Glad to see he got a jump on things this year.

For the many things I like about MS, theses moments are killing it...FAST!

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digs, I agree with that. I'm generally a Mike Sherman fan, but I have to put the penalties on coaching. I also don't get why we attempted only 17 rushes, especially given that Green was actually playing pretty well (I think he averaged around 5 ypc). We were only down by 7 points for most of the game so there was no reason to abandon the run, especially in light of the fact that we were down to two receivers for almost an entire quarter.

The refs certainly missed a few calls on the Lions but you can't let yourself get into a position where a missed call costs you the game. We lost because of our poor play not because the refs blew it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts