1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Minicamp Surprise - Jake Allen?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Pack93z, Jun 23, 2008.

1. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    I wonder where Ruvell fits into the Packers plans if this little opinion holds true into training camp.. how about 7 or 8 recievers and 2 backs. :lol:

[​IMG]

Jake Allen

2. Buckeyepackfan

Buckeyepackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I believe this is the year RM has to show he can be productive in the 3,4, or 5 man set. This is his third year in the system.

Being behind an undrafted free agent, even at this point does not bode well for him. Looks like there will be strong compettition throughout training camp which can only help The Packers as a whole.

I am betting there will be 3 WR's on the practice squad at the beginning of the season, but some tough decisions are going to have to be made.

3. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm thinking the same thing. We may have to stack our PS with WRs.

Good post, Pack93z.

4. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    Donald
    Greg
    James
    Jordy
    Ruvell
    and Jake Allen.

i dont see Ruvell in a cut situation so far. Id say Jake Allen and Swain have more to worry about than ol Ruvell.

thats still 6 receivers and we can carry 6. Brett Swain might just have to be a Practice Squader for a while.

This is a great problem to have.

5. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Worst case scenario for Ruvel: He is cut, hired by Favre on the down low, given a cloned cell phone, and answers calls from Deanna when Favre is beyond drunk on the golf course.

Give us one, Ruvel!

6. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    I hate the word "nifty".

7. TheEngineer

TheEngineer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think Jake Allen will sit on the PS and get called up sometime in 2008.

8. NFL_GEEK

NFL_GEEK Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    TT signs another WR? man man...

9. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think Green Bay should keep 6 receivers. I don't know if they will though. I highly doubt Ruvell gets released after training camp. Someone would have to impress the hell out of Thompson and McCarthy for that to happen.

Practice squad maybe for this guy if he is the real deal or as the 6th receiver. It'll be all about special teams for him. If he can't cut it on special teams then highly unlikely they'd keep a 6th wideout regardless of what some of us think.

10. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Give rodgers as many weapons as you can.

11. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, MM did say that the 50/50 runs vs passes was a pipe dream and he now thinks we'd be more effective at 57% passing, 43% rushing. So we might see a 6th WR at the expense of a RB. Note the word "might." I'm not too sure either way on this one.