Mike Hunt (say it fast) shouldnt be writing in the MJS

Freeway3137

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For all of you that read the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, there was a article on Favre in there and i was reading it and as I was going on, it just was ripping on Favre and the Pack, and so I'm like who the hell is this guy, and I look and realize it's a guy named Mike Hunt and get this, he's from Detroit (figures) why is he writing in a Milwaukee based newspaper. And off topic i read an article on the Bucks vs Pistons series and all he was doing is ripping on the Bucks as well, why is this guy writing in the paper??? and has any one else heard of him?

Packman5

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know exactly what you are talking about. I live in milwaukee and read this ****** bag everyday and hope he would just move to whatever city he likes cus it obviously isn't milwaukee and WI sports.

mattresell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=29.895425+-
The poor quality of sports journalists and analysts has become an epidemic in this country. Much of that is due to ESPN's insistance on being an entertainment channel as much as a sports channel.

The amount of misinformation that comes from their "knowledgable" analysts is embarrassing. The other night on Baseball Tonight, steve Phillips was asked who the best left handed starter in the game was. His answer: Cliff Lee.

That is basically a direct "F you" to the viewing audience. It annoys the hell out of me because most people don't know who the best lefty is, so they just take Steeve Phillip's word for it, because he's on ESPN.

You hear the same crap from Schlereth and Salisbury too. It's ridiculous.

By the way, the correct answer Steve is Johan Santana.

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The reactions above are an indicator of what he was hired to do.

Mike Hunt is a columnist. He is there to play devil's advocate. He is there to stick a finger in someone's eye.

I agree with him many times. He isn't hired to be a 'fan'. He's there to say things many of the 'fans' don't want to read, but need to read.

Like Brett's ego got the best of him, etc. A newspaper's role in society is not to be a cheerleader but an observer. Like many things, what is apparent on the surface 99% of the time is not the truth. If you want to spend your life believing marketing and half-truths, that's your choice.

Hunt is there to say things that will often make you mad. If you want a cheerleader, go marry one.

hoos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Freeway3137 said:
And off topic i read an article on the Bucks vs Pistons series and all he was doing is ripping on the Bucks as well, why is this guy writing in the paper??? and has any one else heard of him?

Also off topic but

DEEEEEEETROOOOIIIITTTTTT BASSSSSSKETBALLLLLLLLLLL

FEAR THE FRO!

Members online

Latest posts