1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Michael Vick Apologists

Discussion in 'All Other Team Discussions' started by TOPackerFan, Jul 30, 2007.

1. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I've always hated this guy.

"I believe Vick had a passion for dogfighting. I know many athletes who share his passion. The allure is the intensity and the challenge of a dogfighting to the death. It's like ultimate fighting, but the dog doesn't tap out when he knows he can't win."

-- Deion Sanders, in a column for the Fort Myers News-Press.

2. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    Yep... but the NFL put the smack down on this walking megaphone of a person... Sanders seems to open his mouth before thinking about what he is about to say...

Guy does alot of nice things for needy kids and other charity work... but sometimes the gums flap faster than the mind.

3. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,994
    I dont think he is apologizing at all?????? He said he believes Vick had a passion for it..

As the article says he should come forward and give names if he knows others are doing it, and of course dog fighting isnt like wearing jewelery..

but I dont see him making any excuses for Vick..

Here is the entrie quote...

4. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Isn't he trying to justify Vick's involvement in this activity i.e., don't criticize Vick because "many athletes" do this crap too?

5. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +650
    an apolgist is one who offers a defense of something controversial. example, in the early days of Christianity, before it was the state religion of the Roman empire, many Christians were persecuted for their beliefs. This led some of the more charismatic and daring Christians to write arguments for Christianity. they were called the apologists. so yes, Sanders is defending Vick, not apologizing for him.

6. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    The old "Lots of people are doing it, so it MUST be right" defense. I saw some woman on TV trying to defend dog fighting. They had her face blacked out. She was saying the dogs were raised to do this, so it's ok.
    She seemed to be the type that would try to justify anything wrong.
    "Hey, the children we raise were raised to be abused, so it's ok". Thats the kind of scumbag she came across as to me.
    Maybe some big names will come out of this, and hopefully they can take a real "bite" out of dog fighting.

7. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +650
    and maybe this sad situation will help shed some light on this underground activity, moving normal people like all of us to do something to stop it. maybe michael vick is just what the doctor ordered to bring dogfighting into the spotlight and show just how sick and widespread it is.

8. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I didn't even know that kind of crap was going on in this country........now i know better. I hope they nail these scumbags.

9. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Don't want to get into a discussion over semantics, but that seems to me exactly what Sanders is doing, though only impliedly. He's saying what Vick did is okay because others share the same love of the "sport".

10. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +650
    that is what sanders is doing. Longtimefan posted that it didn't seem like sanders was apologizing for vick, but rather defending him. that poster, i believe, misunderstood what an apologist is, so i pointed it out. sanders is defending vick, so one could say he is a "vick apologist"

11. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +112
    Oh Go away what BS is that? he did all that stuff to the dogs and all he can say is sorry FFS put him in prison.

12. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +650
  13. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +112
    For **** sake

14. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +650
    ohhhhh! gotcha. i must be getting old.

15. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I get it. It's never a good idea to start out a week hung over.

16. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +650
    bad way to start a week, but at least you finished the last one right!

17. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,994
    I never said I thought Deon was DEFENDING him at all

I did not read into the quote like you guys did

I saw a quote from a famous althlete

1)To me that is saying Deon knows lot of athletes are doing this

2)Also is saying to me, Dean thinks Vick is quilty

3)It did not come across to me as; Deon thinks its okay for Vick to do it, cuz others are doing it

4) Deon should come forward to say who he knows that does this

So again I do not see it as Deon coming to Vicks "Rescue" and the OP of the article says basicly the same thing..

18. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +650
    Sorry Longtime. I saw your post saying, " dont think he is apologizing at all" and thought you misunderstood the thread title. I apologize for being so presumptuous. and for the record, i agree with everything you said!

19. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,994
    Its okay!!!

Sometimes on here you cant get your true meaning behind your words across..

Unlike Trom we all know he wants stalkers, :p

20. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8

21. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Here is the actual full text from Deion's article. Read it and tell me you don't think he's making excuses for Ronnie M.

Good God what a moron.

22. Pack93z

Ratings:
    +22
    The NFL thinks that Deon is treading on dangerous water here and that is why they stopped is rebuttal to all the people who wrote in ripping Deon.

I think Deion is trying to state that there is a bigger problem than just Vick, and Vick shouldn't be carrying the entire load of guilt by himself. **edit** Deion just stated it poorly in my opinion and seems to defend Vick.

The problem the NFL has with this is that it exposes more PR damage for the league and I bet every penny I have; that the NFL has security running through every players personnel life that might even be related to Dog fighting.

The NFL sees the PR storm a comming I think and they are shaking. As they should be!

23. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    What? lol

Did ya mean Deion ..... defend Vick?

24. Anubis

Anubis Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    What a POS.

This is pathetic as condoning drug trafficking by saying "everyone uses, and if they didn't buy it off me, they'd just buy it off someone else." After all, dope dealing gives you status in the ghetto too, doesn't it? :roll:

The NFL should form an Inquisition to investigate into the "hobbies" of these a$$holes, and start cleaning house.

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

25. Pack93z

Ratings:
    +22
    Yeah.. I guess I put on too many Vicks in there huh... :rotflmao:

That is what I get for trying to write comments and code at the same time... flippin work :thumbsup: