Memo To Packers Management

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look, to say the Packers are going to come out and say they had agreed to this back in March and then say maybe it didn't happen is dumb, o.k." Dumb.

Why then, has Favre's camp not come back and said "oh no, that didn't happen?" They haven't refuted ONE WORD of how the Pack said that happened.

No matter how much you like it or don't like it Brett Favre's own inability to make up his mind on this deal is WHY this mess is standing where it is.

Why is it that if Ted Thompson had gone to Brett and asked him to un- retire and Brett agreed to it and then Ted came back later and said "no Brett, we've changed our mind" it would be absolutely 100% Thompson's fault yet when that's exactly what Brett did it's STILL Thompsons fault?

I know, I know, because it's BRETT FAVRE, right? Now the Packers are LIARS and not above complete misconception. It's crap like that making everybody's butt ache that much worse.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why is it that if Ted Thompson had gone to Brett and asked him to un- retire and Brett agreed to it and then Ted came back later and said "no Brett, we've changed our mind" it would be absolutely 100% Thompson's fault yet when that's exactly what Brett did it's STILL Thompsons fault?
Excellent point.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
warhawk said:
Excellent point.

Thank You. What's good for the goose as they say.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was disappointing to find out that the initial post was just a cut and paste. I wish people would speak for themselves or at least identify when they are cutting and pasting something.

Cheesey's marriage analogy was brilliant, though. Nice work, cheesey! I'm assuming it is your own.

Getting back to the cut and paste article: It's not very good anyway. When Favre is referred to as "a God among men" and Packer management is accused of dropping their drawers and defecating on him, all credibility goes out the window.

The part about Favre's "undying devotion to the game" was also a bit hard to swallow, considering that the whole point of Favre's retirement press conference was to explain to us that his devotion to the game WAS dying, to the point where he no longer felt he could put his full effort into preparing for the season and preparing to play week-to-week.

On a milder note, I disagree with the comment (repeated twice) that "Aaron Rodgers is no Steve Young." It misses the point. When Steve Young took over for Joe Montana, he was no Steve Young either. He was just a young QB with a lot of potential. He hadn't yet accomplished anything, and in fact, when he had started for Tampa Bay a few years earlier he was kind of lousy.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
It was disappointing to find out that the initial post was just a cut and paste. I wish people would speak for themselves or at least identify when they are cutting and pasting something.

Cheesey's marriage analogy was brilliant, though. Nice work, cheesey! I'm assuming it is your own.

Getting back to the cut and paste article: It's not very good anyway. When Favre is referred to as "a God among men" and Packer management is accused of dropping their drawers and defecating on him, all credibility goes out the window.

The part about Favre's "undying devotion to the game" was also a bit hard to swallow, considering that the whole point of Favre's retirement press conference was to explain to us that his devotion to the game WAS dying, to the point where he no longer felt he could put his full effort into preparing for the season and preparing to play week-to-week.

On a milder note, I disagree with the comment (repeated twice) that "Aaron Rodgers is no Steve Young." It misses the point. When Steve Young took over for Joe Montana, he was no Steve Young either. He was just a young QB with a lot of potential. He hadn't yet accomplished anything, and in fact, when he had started for Tampa Bay a few years earlier he was kind of lousy.

Steve young had started most of the season while Joe was hurt, so they knew what they had in sTeve and that was someone that could produce and produce well..He also had played ALLOT when Joe was hurt during the 90's

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Thank you Greg......and yes, it was my own.
I was just trying to think of a way of putting it that just about everyone can really feel it. I mean.....who hasn't had a fickle girlfriend or boyfriend that wants you one minute, then drops you another? And most of the time the reason makes you go "HUH!?!?! :shock: "

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Steve young had started most of the season while Joe was hurt, so they knew what they had in sTeve and that was someone that could produce and produce well..He also had played ALLOT when Joe was hurt during the 90's

Ah, thanks. I had forgotten about that. I still think there were a lot of questions about whether Young could be the guy to lead the team for an entire season, because standards were so high, and he was unproven in the playoffs. But I'll admit that that part of my argument is weaker than I had thought it was.

Hey, I just read that Steve Young was 31 years old when he took over for Montana. I hadn't realized he was that old.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts