McCarthy Likes Rodgers

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How much does he like him? Does he want to date him, or just be friends?
Well....seeing as Favre dumped MM, Rodgers is kind of getting MM on the rebound. I hope Aaron doesn't take advantage of MM's vunerable state.
:lol:

OP
OP
P

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Well, they kind of have been just hanging out right now, but my friends sisters cousin said she saw them drinking last week, and they both disappeared later in the evening.

I think once they get to know each a little better, it could become something serious. Aaron doesn't want to be tied down right now, and prefers to work on his independence issues.

BlueMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Aaron doesn't want to be tied down right now..."

Well, I kinda doubt MM's into that kind of scene anyway.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
trippster said:

Well, they kind of have been just hanging out right now, but my friends sisters cousin said she saw them drinking last week, and they both disappeared later in the evening.

I think once they get to know each a little better, it could become something serious. Aaron doesn't want to be tied down right now, and prefers to work on his independence issues.

I wonder what MM's new wife thinks about this little breaking news story.. MM the Jiggalo! :lol:

BlueMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
These days, all the hot celebrity couples are getting those "combo" nicknames. Like "Tom-Kat" and "Brangelina."

I'm thinking something along the lines of "A-Mac". Or "McRod". Or maybe "Mikaron." Whaddy'all think?

(BTW: How much of this nonesense do I have to post to advance beyond Waterboy status??? Sheesh!)

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
How come half the topics on PF.com seem to degenerate into silliness?

Offseason Packer zombie flu... either that or them freakin turtles are at it again. :p

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How come half the topics on PF.com seem to degenerate into silliness?

Only half? :doh: I thought we set our goal much higher than that. we are going to have to get with it.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would hope that MM likes A Rod. If he didn't he had time over the last couple of years to bring someone else in.

It's hard to imagine Rodgers ever throwing the slant with the steam and accuracy Favre has over the years. There probably isn't a quarterback in the game who throws it as well as Favre did, so McCarthy will have to accept that play might not be as effective.

I question this comment. A Rod is not Brett but I would think that any NFL QB who is above average in arm strength and accuracy can successfully chuck the ball to a receiver who is coming across the middle of the field.
If the slant was the bread and butter play in the past it still can be in the future.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would hope that MM likes A Rod. If he didn't he had time over the last couple of years to bring someone else in.

It's hard to imagine Rodgers ever throwing the slant with the steam and accuracy Favre has over the years. There probably isn't a quarterback in the game who throws it as well as Favre did, so McCarthy will have to accept that play might not be as effective.

I question this comment. A Rod is not Brett but I would think that any NFL QB who is above average in arm strength and accuracy can successfully chuck the ball to a receiver who is coming across the middle of the field.
If the slant was the bread and butter play in the past it still can be in the future.

I didn't like this statement either. Joe Montana had a weak arm (by NFL standards) and I can't think of anyone who threw the slant better.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cuz 98% of the posters are guys???? hmmm...makes one ponder, doesn't it?? ;)

Packer Girl just WHO are you pondering about? :pop:
It can't be Cheesey can it? :shock: He is the silliest of us all.

ElleBlue

Cheesehead
Reaction score
trippster said:

Somehow, I just knew the conversation would go this way!

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wpr said:

I didn't like this statement either. Joe Montana had a weak arm (by NFL standards) and I can't think of anyone who threw the slant better.

It's not how hard favre threw the ball. It's his timing of where to throw it so the defender couldn't get it. So the slant became almost a sure thing.

I think Montana's timing and anticipation were better than Favres..so he could make a throw w/less arm strength because his anticipationw as so good.

Favre anticpates good but he also threads the needs w/a bullet slant pass that makes up for any lack of timing.

Rodgers is a little of both. He's got great short field accuracy (see both of his games against USC..he threw to the receivers outside shoulder on the slant...on the move...incredible...and just in the spot where the receiver could catch it..even if the defender was blanketing him...

Aaron also has the arm strength to zip it through.

if you guys don't remember...even back to the baltimore game..Aaron thre w a LASER 15 yard out....

He also did that in the dallas game.

Just wait and see..that's all I have to say.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's not how hard favre threw the ball. It's his timing of where to throw it so the defender couldn't get it. So the slant became almost a sure thing.

I think Montana's timing and anticipation were better than Favres..so he could make a throw w/less arm strength because his anticipationw as so good.

Favre anticpates good but he also threads the needs w/a bullet slant pass that makes up for any lack of timing.

Rodgers is a little of both. He's got great short field accuracy (see both of his games against USC..he threw to the receivers outside shoulder on the slant...on the move...incredible...and just in the spot where the receiver could catch it..even if the defender was blanketing him...

Aaron also has the arm strength to zip it through.

if you guys don't remember...even back to the baltimore game..Aaron thre w a LASER 15 yard out....

He also did that in the dallas game.

Just wait and see..that's all I have to say.

Good to see you, Cal.
Yes, we'll see. Looking forward to seeing Aaron play.
As long as he stays healthy, I'm sure he won't disappoint us.

mkapp

Cheesehead
Reaction score

haha thats awesome! maybe if its not "like-Like" and its "just be friends like", they can still be BFFs.

these kinds of threads are what keep me on the site during the offseason.

Members online