McCarthy, Clement & Rodgers need to help the receivers succeed

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You´re putting way too much stock into yards per catch. Adams caught 233 passes for 3,031 yards and 38 TDs with Fresno State. Those numbers are pretty impressive.

Adams is a different type of receiver than Bryant, doesn´t make any sense to compare them based on YPC.
I saw a source which broke down his production, and he piled up a lot of numbers against the weak competition.
http://www.playerprofiler.com/article/jeff-janis-davante-adams/

And I don't think you understand how poor that conference is, especially considering he had an NFL QB throwing balls to him. I wouldn't care about his physical characteristics as much if he showed more effort of the field, but they should have gotten Rodgers a much better athlete to throw to IMO.

D

Deleted member 6794

I saw a source which broke down his production, and he piled up a lot of numbers against the weak competition.
http://www.playerprofiler.com/article/jeff-janis-davante-adams/

And I don't think you understand how poor that conference is, especially considering he had an NFL QB throwing balls to him. I wouldn't care about his physical characteristics as much if he showed more effort of the field, but they should have gotten Rodgers a much better athlete to throw to IMO.

While the Mountain West Conference for sure isn´t one the better ones in the country Adams dominated during his two years at Fresno State. The Packers drafted him to replace James Jones which is perfectly able to do. If you expect him to turn into a younger version of Jordy Nelson you´ll be disappointed though.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While the Mountain West Conference for sure isn´t one the better ones in the country Adams dominated during his two years at Fresno State. The Packers drafted him to replace James Jones which is perfectly able to do. If you expect him to turn into a younger version of Jordy Nelson you´ll be disappointed though.
I apologize for beating a dead horse, and I'm not arguing with you as your explanation makes sense. But I don't understand why they viewed Jones as such a valuable mold to fill. A bigger possession receiver makes much more sense. Let's try to at least make it a little easier on Rodgers.

D

Deleted member 6794

But I don't understand why they viewed Jones as such a valuable mold to fill.

It´s pretty easy, the Packers let Jones walk in free agency after the 2013 season so Thompson drafted Adams to replace him at one point. Another thing to consider is that there was no reason to think Jarrett Boykin would struggle big time after his performance in 2013.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know what happened to Boykin, he came in and worked his way up, showed improvement and then made big time contributions then just tanked. It was obvious he could work hard, it's the only way he got better and made this team, then he just quit? Reminds me of our Oline this year. Really pretty good group of hard workers, though I think overrated at some positions, but overall pretty solid, and now they can't do anything right it seems

Members online

Latest posts