Maybe Wells belongs in there instead of Klemm

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oline was, maybe, the worst I've seen it this preseason for the first 2 drives, then Maas mentioned that Wells was substituted in for Klemm and they go down on a TD drive...hmmmmm

OP
OP
M

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favreforever721 said:
Whoever let the Titans player blind side Favre didn't do their job. The Titan almost hurt Favre.

I think Bubba initially blocked him, but then let him go to sit in the flat or something like that, and I'm assuming the left tackle was supposed to pick him up but had his back turned.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
musccy said:
Favreforever721 said:
Whoever let the Titans player blind side Favre didn't do their job. The Titan almost hurt Favre.

I think Bubba initially blocked him, but then let him go to sit in the flat or something like that, and I'm assuming the left tackle was supposed to pick him up but had his back turned.

on the topic, where was bubba anyhow?

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerChick said:
musccy said:
blocking...the line didn't give Rodgers or Brett enough time to throw anyway.

surely makes a difference without wahle and rivera.

True, but I'm also starting to worry about Flanagan. At first I thought he just needed to knock off some rust. But now I'm wondering if the knee is still bothering him more than people are letting on. He's getting pushed around a lot at times. I was hoping Flanagan's return would help offset losing Wahle and Rivera a little bit, but at the moment I think Flanagan is also part of the problem on the O-line.

Hopefully he can come around, but at the moment he hasn't played like the player he use to be. And I'm not so sure he's even playing as well as Reugemer did last year filling in for him.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last night's game of O-line musical chairs was a big disappointment. The coaching staff should've picked the starters on the line two weeks ago, like they said they would. But maybe it's just a lack of quality. The strangest thing is how Ruegamer was suddenly pulled out of the running at left guard and relegated to the backup center position, then he appeared as the challenger to Whitticker at right guard. Ruegamer seems to be their default interior lineman, and they're using him a lot.

The Bubba Franks/Chad Clifton screw-up looked like a miscommunication, and for what it's worth, they both think that guy was offsides. Bubba had no positive impact on the game, and it looks like he will need some time to get back into game shape.

The #1 offense did score a TD with Wells at guard, but much of that drive took place in the first quarter, when I believe Klemm was still in the lineup. And still, it was the passing plays, not the running plays, that were successful, so I doubt Wells made a difference. Unfortunately, both Klemm and Wells look like below average players at this point.

(Correction: I watched the game on video, and Wells was in the lineup for that entire TD drive.)

OP
OP
M

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The coaching staff should've picked the starters on the line two weeks ago, like they said they would. But maybe it's just a lack of quality

I was thinking that if the Pack just picked some group and ran w/ it, they'd be fine...but then I watched last night and the horrendous performance by Klemm, hell, eveyrone on the starting line. I don't envy Beightol right now. Picking the starting line right now is sort of like one of those "would you rather die suffocating or drowning" types of questions...you aren't too fond of either choice, but you have to select one.

Members online

Latest posts