Maybe this is why TT wanted Bush

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.packersnews.com/archives/new ... 5798.shtml

1)At Ahman's age, you can't just go without significant practice reps and perform at a high level...like limited training camp and start the season?
2)At what point do the Packers punt Davenport? The guy hasn't been healthy longer than a month the entire time he's been in Green Bay.
3)Gado appears to be the most healthy, but that basically leaves us with the same knicked up backfield from a year ago.
4) I also see the need to get more tackles on board. Clifton should be ok for the season, but he's ailing too...

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It appears that it may be somewhat of a patchwork backfield due to the points raised. If we can get 2 of the 3 or 4 in the mix performing well and healthy, I think we will be alright for this year.

Look at the Eagles and even GB in the mid 90's - kind of done by committee with no game changing back and both teams were successful.

It is definately a need for next year, unless Gado can improve as he did throughout the course of the season last year.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
spardo62 said:
It appears that it may be somewhat of a patchwork backfield due to the points raised. If we can get 2 of the 3 or 4 in the mix performing well and healthy, I think we will be alright for this year.

Look at the Eagles and even GB in the mid 90's - kind of done by committee with no game changing back and both teams were successful.

It is definately a need for next year, unless Gado can improve as he did throughout the course of the season last year.

If our line can get our running backs holes to the point that they are at least a threat to pick up solid first down yardage and leave us with 2nd and 5's consistently...I can see this offense working

Still I'm not comfortable with our backfield...Green, I don't know how effective he will be...Davenport you can never count on...Gado, you never know, now that teams actually have film on him, you dont know if teams can develop defenses to shut him down...Herron doesn't impress me to say the least...My one arguement with TT's draft was that we should've gotten a running back...just to have in with the scout team, I just read on ESPN that our only two backs for mini camp will be Gado and Herron...Gerald Riggs Jr and South Florida's Andre Hall were two guys that went undrafted that could've made good 7th round picks...

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No doubt, it would have been nice to see one drafted this year and I am not sold on what we currently have. But as you stated, the new blocking scheme and a more traditional WCO could allow us to perform adequately this year with what we have, but it should be an area of concern next year even if Gado proves to be all that we hope.

Gopackgo82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JavonWalker084 said:
spardo62 said:

If our line can get our running backs holes to the point that they are at least a threat to pick up solid first down yardage and leave us with 2nd and 5's consistently...I can see this offense working

Still I'm not comfortable with our backfield...Green, I don't know how effective he will be...Davenport you can never count on...Gado, you never know, now that teams actually have film on him, you dont know if teams can develop defenses to shut him down...Herron doesn't impress me to say the least...My one arguement with TT's draft was that we should've gotten a running back...just to have in with the scout team, I just read on ESPN that our only two backs for mini camp will be Gado and Herron...Gerald Riggs Jr and South Florida's Andre Hall were two guys that went undrafted that could've made good 7th round picks...

Why should TT have drafted them in the 7th round if they went undrafted? That doesn't make sense at all. He can still sign one of those guys you know. That is, unless they got signed by someone else already.

BTW, it's time to change your name. :p

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If RB was important to Thompson he could have selected one in the later rounds.

There certainly will be one available during the final cuts and the Packers have very good waiver position.

Let's see what Herron can do during exhibition season.

The law of averages would say things could not be as bad as last year.

Gado starting and Green spelling him and playing 3rd downs could be a good combination.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green has always been well motivated and this year, with a 1 yr.deal, I think he'll be even more motivated. If he's healthy, he can be very scary. Gado will be interesting also. No motivation problems there...a man of character.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts