Matt Stafford to Rams

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have to believe that top two destinations for him are either the Colts or Washington. I could see the loser of the Wentz/Hurts battled coming to Detroit though for the right price in trade capital.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Texans are dumb enough to trade Watson to the Bears or Lions. Let's hope that never happens. Stafford with the Bears would make them a 10 to 11 win type of team.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I have to believe that top two destinations for him are either the Colts or Washington. I could see the loser of the Wentz/Hurts battled coming to Detroit though for the right price in trade capital.
Not sure Washington is ready to give up on Heinicke to back up Smith. RFA contracts are cheap. Indy would be a good spot for him as well as Houston. Stafford for Watson?? Hmm.
I don't see Philly being able to move from Wentz unless they empty the cupboard. They are over $50-80m over the cap now and trading Wentz gains them almost nothing. Cutting him sets them back another $25m. Stafford brings along a $10-20m salary, depending on who pays the bonuses. I read they also hired their coach to work with Wentz. If forced to pick, I could see Hurts getting moved for a raft of needed picks because of the upcoming salary purge. He looked good and is headed back to the bench, at least short term.

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
San Francisco makes the most sense to me.
Cutting Garoppolo to make room is only a cap hit of $2.8M with a savings of $24.1M

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure Washington is ready to give up on Heinicke to back up Smith. RFA contracts are cheap. Indy would be a good spot for him as well as Houston. Stafford for Watson?? Hmm.
I don't see Philly being able to move from Wentz unless they empty the cupboard. They are over $50-80m over the cap now and trading Wentz gains them almost nothing. Cutting him sets them back another $25m. Stafford brings along a $10-20m salary, depending on who pays the bonuses. I read they also hired their coach to work with Wentz. If forced to pick, I could see Hurts getting moved for a raft of needed picks because of the upcoming salary purge. He looked good and is headed back to the bench, at least short term.

Definitely forgot about how much they sank into Wentz. Well I really hope Hurts finds a good situation then. He could probably be electric in a dome too. Wherever Stafford goes I hope it isn't in the NFC. Colts, Texans, Patriots, Dolphins, Jets, or even the Broncos.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Stafford could improve quite a few teams. I always thought that he was a better QB than what the pathetic Lions organization made him look.

I'm just hoping they don't figure out a way to Package him and whatever else it would take to get Jacksonville to part with the #1 pick and Trevor Lawrence.

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With how far back the Colts are in the Draft they'll miss out on the premier signal callers. Plus even if they go QB 1st Round they don't have to put them in right away, Stafford has a solid 5 years I'd say as a QB, they could draft a a guy and go the same route the Packers did with Love.

TexasCowboy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's a rumor going around Dallas is looking to trade for Stafford and I sure don't want that guy starting at qb for us
It's bad enough we already have ***** waste players on our squad

The last thing we need is more garbage

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
There's a rumor going around Dallas is looking to trade for Stafford and I sure don't want that guy starting at qb for us

McCarthy really helped to make Rodgers what he is today. Give it a chance, Stafford might be a Pro Bowler in 5-10 years! :coffee:

Jerry Jones is a terrible poker player, he is just trying to bring Dak's asking price down. You aren't ending up with Stafford.

On a side note. Personally, I don't think Stafford is garbage, I think he has been stuck with a garbage team though. Put him on the right team and in the right system and I think he will surprise a few people.

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score

This happens if McCarthy approves. MM went against Stafford twice a season for 10 years excepting injury games. He would have a good idea what works and doesn't.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I don't think it will happen, because they are in the same Division, but the team that could probably benefit the most by trading for Stafford are the Bears. I really think they are just a really good QB away from competing in the North. Personally, I am hoping Stafford goes to an AFC team.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think it will happen, because they are in the same Division, but the team that could probably benefit the most by trading for Stafford are the Bears. I really think they are just a really good QB away from competing in the North. Personally, I am hoping Stafford goes to an AFC team.
Hence my post from before
"Dear Lord, don't let Matt Stafford get traded to the Chicago Bears." Amen

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Stafford in THAT offense.....the NFC West is going to be truly the Wild Wild West.

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dunno who their GM is, but give THAT man 2021 GM of the Year. Gets an All-Pro QB AND has cap space to get a decent role player or resign a guy.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I dunno who their GM is, but give THAT man 2021 GM of the Year. Gets an All-Pro QB AND has cap space to get a decent role player or resign a guy.
I think Stafford carries a $20m cap hit with him. 2 year contract. Without extending him the Rams are sending a 1st round pick for someone not on the roster.

Last edited:

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The rams are gonna be punishing next year least it’s in the west stafford is extremely underrated as a qb I just can’t believe the haul they got for him lol

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
The Rams will be going 7 straight Seasons without a first round pick. I think with Stafford wanting out of Detroit, the Lions got about as much value as they could for him. Rams shove all in with Stafford as their QB and on a pretty cheap contract to boot.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I can't understand this at all from the Rams.

I realize that Matthew Stafford is better than Jared Goff.

But unless I'm missing something, I think that the cap savings, and the additional cap burden of Stafford's base salary is basically a wash.

So you're basically saying that Stafford, 33, is worth Goff, 26, plus two 1st rounders and a 3rd rounder. I don't buy that at all.

Also, the Rams are now slated to be without a 1st round pick in 6 our of 7 consecutive drafts. That's going to catch up to their roster quality in the near future.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I can't understand this at all from the Rams.

I realize that Matthew Stafford is better than Jared Goff.

But unless I'm missing something, I think that the cap savings, and the additional cap burden of Stafford's base salary is basically a wash.

So you're basically saying that Stafford, 33, is worth Goff, 26, plus two 1st rounders and a 3rd rounder. I don't buy that at all.

Also, the Rams are now slated to be without a 1st round pick in 6 our of 7 consecutive drafts. That's going to catch up to their roster quality in the near future.

that’s going all in ???

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess I say good for Detroit and WTF are the Rams thinking? I don't think Goff is really anything worth writing home about and he still is going to cost them some good cash for a couple years, but 2 extra firsts and a 3rd, nice work.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts