Matt LaFleur era -- merged multiple threads

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes. I think that often a GM or Coach can ride the coattails of their Fathers’ successes. Wherever young Wolf ends up, he has to prove his worth quickly. This league doesn’t wait for positive results as noted by the impatience of several teams hastily moving on from their FO/HC
Speaking of which, the greatest wealth transfer is happening. The biggest cry baby generation will inherit the most wealth in history saved by the baby boomer generation. Ironically.

Btw if i hurt any feelings of the woke generation…. LOL

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So many positives. But despite deserved accolades, it's flawed.

- Can't dominate any games.
- Can't change tactics when they ain't working.

We win ugly. We lose ugly. There no effin dominance. Scrapping by will only get so far and we've reached it.

He's smart. Hopefully he'll figure it out.

Last edited:

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see how successful MLF is without AR during the Regular Season....

I have confidence in MLF though.... Maybe it isn't Love, but is Drew Lock available? Could he coach him? I really liked his tools coming out, still young

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The 2020 team did dominate at times, but the 2019 and 2021 teams certainly did not. And it's very hard to win a Super Bowl when you're counting on just sneaking by every week with narrow wins.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is no Matt LaFleur era. He has been here 3 years. He seems very intelligent. I hope he shows to be a great coach and stays in Green Bay. He has to learn to make some hard decisions though imho. And probably be more involved in all the aspects. A little more micro managing.

KiDcUdI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You cant be a good coach and not acknowledge coaching flaws. Ironically the 49ers exposed our STs week 3. By week 5 I new Drayton was an idiot. If you cannot fix STs flaws in a week youre a buffoon. If you cant see your STs coach cant see that your a god damned retard. No way around that.

Lafleur is unfit to be HC. I said this in week 5 that STs would cost this team. And somehow here we are and Im the bad guy? FOH!

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
no question drayton is a cheerleading moron. I said the same. BUT...this supposed MVP goat QB gets a pass? no SIR.

KiDcUdI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
no question drayton is a cheerleading moron. I said the same. BUT...this supposed MVP goat QB gets a pass? no SIR.
Why not? Complete group of basically backup quality lineman with just Adams at WR. He carried them the best he could.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Hopefully a front office change is coming and I mean Murphy, LaFleur has had regular season success but seems incapable of moving this team any further against quality opponents, do you keep this coach even after lets say 2 or 3 more failures to win a championship,next year should be called the no BS season, if Loves the QB do we wait7 or 8 seasons to win a playoff game guarantee you Love will be gone if he can‘t get it done if this is a unforgiving sport, and elite players will not stick around to see if got a winning plan when he can go to a team that’s right there..

KiDcUdI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hopefully a front office change is coming and I mean Murphy, LaFleur has had regular season success but seems incapable of moving this team any further against quality opponents, do you keep this coach even after lets say 2 or 3 more failures to win a championship,next year should be called the no BS season, if Loves the QB do we wait7 or 8 seasons to win a playoff game guarantee you Love will be gone if he can‘t get it done if this is a unforgiving sport, and elite players will not stick around to see if got a winning plan when he can go to a team that’s right there..
I hope so as well but I doubt it. Murphy has made money, Gutey and Lafleur wins, all on the back of Rodgers. I hope its a full clean house. Rebuild. Give Rodgers a real shot like Manning and Brady at the end of their careers.

KEYSER SOZE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So many positives. But despite deserved accolades, it's flawed.

- Can't dominate any games.
- Can't change tactics it isn't working.

We win ugly. We lose ugly. There no effin dominance. Scrapping by will only get so far and we've reached it.

He's smart. Hopefully he'll figure it out.
LaFleur IS the problem. He doesn't understand the purpose of TE position. Way over his head. Packers needed an experienced aggressive OC. Rodgers should have left 10 years ago.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't get the MLF hate... but we can OBJECTIVELY look at the lens again if/when Aaron Rodgers does leave...

How can you put blame on MLF when he has resurrected Aaron's career? Or was it the other way around and Aaron resurrected himself???

The only consistency in the TT and MM era and the Gute and MLF era is that Aaron is the quarterback and we have had regular season success and been pretty abyssmal in the playoffs.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LaFleur IS the problem. He doesn't understand the purpose of TE position. Way over his head. Packers needed an experienced aggressive OC. Rodgers should have left 10 years ago.

no, not even close to being correct.

KEYSER SOZE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
no, not even close to being correct.
LF gets credit...but coaches in the weakest division in the NFL. Check out his record and margins of victory against the poorest competition. He's a 4 win coach w/o Rodgers. THAT is the future.......

JoePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MLF waving his hands trying to get the fan noise up while the SF coach is getting ready to take advantage of our weakest link.
BTW, what is the weakest link for SF that MLF was trying to exploit. Hmmmm?
Sorry, didn't like his hire. Wait till Roger's is gone and he doesn't have a franchise qb. It will get quite ugly.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MLF waving his hands trying to get the fan noise up while the SF coach is getting ready to take advantage of our weakest link.
BTW, what is the weakest link for SF that MLF was trying to exploit. Hmmmm?
Sorry, didn't like his hire. Wait till Roger's is gone and he doesn't have a franchise qb. It will get quite ugly.

I'm not convinced, I think you give MLF 1 to 2 years without AR and see what he can do. Look at what MLF did with Goff and Matt Ryan...FYI

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not convinced, I think you give MLF 1 to 2 years without AR and see what he can do. Look at what MLF did with Goff and Matt Ryan...FYI
Unless he is just a complete bust; you have to give him at least two years.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everyone calling for MLF's head, I suggest you look at what he has done with the aforementioned QBs. Either directly as quarterbacks coach or offensive coordinator or HC.

I'm very interested in seeing what he could do with someone else like Jordan Love, Drew Lock, Josh Rosen (possibly).

I don't get the hate on MLF.

*besides the ST's gaffes :)

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unless he is just a complete bust; you have to give him at least two years.
Are you not aware of what MLF has done with Goff, Matt Ryan, RGIII, and now Aaron Rodgers with 2 MVPs?

I'd suggest you look into it.

I don't think he's the problem at all....

Members online

Latest posts