Matt LaFleur era -- merged multiple threads

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Headline today that the Bears asked for permission to interview Elliott Wolf for the GM job in Chicago
No offense… but why is that relevant here?…. Wolf is a consultant…. with the Patriots… I think.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because the Bears are always an important topic for Packer fans?
Yeah … i suppose that’s true. I guess I’m just wary when the topic of Elliott Wolf comes up. There were so many in here convinced that he should be the Packers’ next GM when Gute was hired based on nothing but his last name that i’m a little quick on the trigger.

Last edited:

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No offense… but why is that relevant here?…. Wolf is a consultant…. with the Patriots… I think.
Because this thread is already talking about the other teams in our division firing their coaches/GMs. Elliot Wolf has Packers ties.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because this thread is already talking about the other teams in our division firing their coaches/GMs. Why did this slight shift in thread topic peak your interest when most threads on this forum go wildly off topic?
read the post above your reply.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw it after my post, which is why I edited my post...before you posted...which is my convoluted way of saying that I should have read your reply first.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I saw it after my post, which is why I edited my post...before you posted...which is my convoluted way of saying that I should have read your reply first.
Typically I do it, probably the way Wimm does it. That is, quote the post or part of it, but finish the thread before replying. I can always delete the answered quotes that way.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Typically I do it, probably the way Wimm does it. That is, quote the post or part of it, but finish the thread before replying. I can always delete the answered quotes that way.
you mean quote 17 posts in one so its impossible to reply to one specific comment. :D:D:D

Seriously I think everyone jumps the gun on a reply every now and then. I know I have. Sometimes you read something that you just can't wait to reply to only to find out that someone else has beat you to the punch. If I find that has happened I'll try to edit my post or even delete it. Doesn't always work though.

D

Deleted member 6794

you mean quote 17 posts in one so its impossible to reply to one specific comment. :D:D:D

It's possible to reply to a specific comment even if there are several ones in a single post. I gladly offer to tutor you in achieving that ultimate goal of forum mastery :D

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's possible to reply to a specific comment even if there are several ones in a single post. I gladly offer to tutor you in achieving that ultimate goal of forum mastery :D
I figured it out. It never occured to me to try that. I was simply deleating all I didnt want. Thanks for the nudge forum master.:)

Reaction score
Don’t feel bad.
I noticed today my e signature pad didn’t apply my signature. I kept poking harder and harder with my high dollar stylus… thinking it would respond to just a little extra pressure
until the glass cracked.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah … i suppose that’s true. I guess I’m just wary when the topic of Elliott Wolf comes up. There were so many in here convinced that he should be the Packers’ next GM when Gute was hired based on nothing but his last name that i’m a little quick on the trigger.
Packer fans are a funny bunch. From wanting Favre as OC to Kevin Greene as DC, and Elliot to GM. I would think someone posting on a forum would be a little more cerebral than that, but now that I'm thinking about it, maybe some posters are 7 Years old and just don't know better. I should be more patient.

As far as the Bears getting Wolf, I hope they do. He was significantly behind Gute in ability and his reaction to not getting the GM in GB leads me to think he doesn't have the necessary leadership/organizational skills to manage a large team.

Reaction score
Packer fans are a funny bunch. From wanting Favre as OC to Kevin Greene as DC, and Elliot to GM. I would think someone posting on a forum would be a little more cerebral than that, but now that I'm thinking about it, maybe some posters are 7 Years old and just don't know better. I should be more patient.

As far as the Bears getting Wolf, I hope they do. He was significantly behind Gute in ability and his reaction to not getting the GM in GB leads me to think he doesn't have the necessary leadership/organizational skills to manage a large team.
Yes. I think that often a GM or Coach can ride the coattails of their Fathers’ successes. Wherever young Wolf ends up, he has to prove his worth quickly. This league doesn’t wait for positive results as noted by the impatience of several teams hastily moving on from their FO/HC

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

He was also pretty young wasn't he. Its been a few years. He could have learned a lot. Then again genetics are not guaranteed. Maybe he will never have anything close to what his old man had.

I don't think its just a Packer fan thing. I think fans of any team think their star player would make good coaches. I don't think so. Some do of course but I think the players that make the best coaches are the ones who were good enough to stick around a while and learn but not so good that they didn't have to rely on their brains to stick around.

Members online

Latest posts