Matt Flynn Likely to Start Sunday

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Title pretty much says it all. If they do start Rodgers i think we will see a one and done series. This is good for me as the guy i am playing in our fantasy football championship has Aaron Rodgers on his team and no other QB's and I don't think he knows this.

"Quarterback Matt Flynn
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
not only might get the lion’s share of playing time on Sunday, he might get his second NFL start."​
http://www.packers.com/news-and-eve...nns-time/b51ba9c6-10da-46d1-908d-7a691b85e4f7

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On the one hand I like Matt and am looking forward to seeing what he can do.
On the other there is talk/rumors that he might go to another team. I hate to think of how good he could become with anyone else.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Rodgers will get the all time passer rating record then now. Breaks Peyton's record.

A small part of me wonders if the Packers almost hoped to lose a game to a meaningless opponent like KC. Not saying they threw the game but sometimes I do think it did not bother them much.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
I saw on Packers.com that MM wants all three QB's to play.

So I see Rodgers playing for at least 1 quarter or maybe a half. Then Flynn plays 1-2 quarters and then Harrell will close out the game. Maybe play a few drives.

I still think we have winning on our mind in this game. It's a division game and MM said we want to sweep the division for the first time. So I see Rodgers playing more than one series.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
For everyone that thinks benching the starters would ruin the rhythm of the team, think back to earlier this season when the Packers were the LAST team to start those work outs before the season started. All week long before we played the Saints, remember that was the "key factor" of how the Saints could win "They've been practicing the entire summer, GB didn't start practices till the last minute" and Rodgers and that offense played lights out in the opener, just picking up where the Super Bowl left off.

That's why I don't think if they bench the starters it will screw anything up.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
All I can say is, With all my heart I hope you all are correct. I really don't care as long as they win. It is simply my opinion that playing them gives the better chance of winning.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
I just don't want Brees overtaking Rodgers in TD's. Once Rodgers gets 3 TD's take him out :)

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Glad to see that Flynn is getting a chance to start a game.
Oh is he? Is that set in stone?
I just got done watching ESPN and I thought I saw the ticker said McCarthy will decide Sunday if Rodgers plays.
Hopefully he doesn't.... I'd like Flynn to beat the Lions.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
On the one hand I like Matt and am looking forward to seeing what he can do.
On the other there is talk/rumors that he might go to another team. I hate to think of how good he could become with anyone else.

That is something we have to consider. I wonder how many teams are going to be scouting Flynn this Sunday to evaluate his trade potential/ value. It makes me wonder who will the backup QB for Rodgers if we trade Flynn?

vancouverpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is something we have to consider. I wonder how many teams are going to be scouting Flynn this Sunday to evaluate his trade potential/ value. It makes me wonder who will the backup QB for Rodgers if we trade Flynn?
Flynn could be a good commodity for trade bait, but I still think you need a good backup in this league to be successful... look at Chicago, Indy and a few others. I think they should pay him!!
Even look at Favre-Rodgers. Aaron was almost ready to step in. Once he gained playing experience he was off to the races. Just a thought...

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Flynn could be a good commodity for trade bait, but I still think you need a good backup in this league to be successful... look at Chicago, Indy and a few others. I think they should pay him!!
Even look at Favre-Rodgers. Aaron was almost ready to step in. Once he gained playing experience he was off to the races. Just a thought...

I agree completely. That's why I want to know who would be the backup for Aaron should we trade Flynn. I believe in the value of having a good backup QB. The problem is with Flynn is eventually he is going to be looking to start somewhere and get restless playing backup. As it doesn't look like Aaron is going anywhere anytime soon, that start for Flynn will most likely be with another team and the Packers will need another Flynn.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree completely. That's why I want to know who would be the backup for Aaron should we trade Flynn. I believe in the value of having a good backup QB. The problem is with Flynn is eventually he is going to be looking to start somewhere and get restless playing backup. As it doesn't look like Aaron is going anywhere anytime soon, that start for Flynn will most likely be with another team and the Packers will need another Flynn.
Graham Harrell is that guy.
They are confident enough in Harrell, that's why they seem more than willing to let Flynn get his chance elsewhere.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Flynn is a free agent after this season. Trading is no longer an option. He won't be tagged. He may re-sign but I really doubt it.

Reaction score
McCarthy said in his press conference that we would see all 3 quarterbacks play. I'm doubtful that Flynn will start this game.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
mixed feelings on this I hope Rodgers gets at least a quarter but dont want to expose him to unexpected wear and tear

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Coming out of the gas station this morning (we old guys tend to wake up early), a guy who is considerably older than I, I think his name is Methuselah, noted all of the Packers related stuff I usually wear on weekends (like, head to toe..haha) and this old guy said, "Damn it, I'm dropping $100 on a ticket and I want to see HIM (meaning #12, of course) play." I had to kind of laugh because this gentleman had to be in his mid-80's and he was really quite fired up about it. As it turns out, he's been a season ticket holder since the 40's ... so, there we stood, yapping Packers football in 15-degree weather outside of an Open Pantry. I can't believe that in the near 20 years I've been going there in the morning that I had never seen this guy before ... anyhoo... I'm casting "Charles'" vote by proxy -- play to win with your starters. Haha... hey, I've already given my proxy vote to McCarthy, because...yeah...um...you know... he called and asked my opinion {ahem}. Truthfully, I am fully in favor of parking Rodgers tomorrow - particularly against a team as schizophrenic as the Lions. I truly believe that they would "play to hurt" Rodgers ... I really and truly do. There is a big difference between playing hard and clean and knocking the opponents' QB1 out of the game. ALL defenses aim for that ... it gives you a decided edge...just like taking the opponent's Queen in a game of chess. Taking one's King is symbolic of victory but knocking out one's Queen all but guarantees victory. The flippin' Lions just can't be trusted and they won't learn until someone retaliates against Stafford.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
We'll see...and I hope you're right. I'm sure it's been posted somewhere here that the Lions haven't won in Wisconsin since 1991. Gotta love it - unless you're from Detroit. :) My father-in-law lives in suburban Detroit and is surrounded, obviously, by Lions fans who really tear into him when they find out where he's from ... it really grinds their beans, particularly THIS year when the Badgers beat MSU to get to the Rose Bowl ... he has a lot of fun with it.

skibum55

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is my thought for how to play this game:

1st Qtr - Aaron Rodgers and starting receivers and backs
2nd and 3rd Qtrs - Matt Flynn and starting receivers and backs/backups
4th Qtr - Graham Harrell and backups

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts