martellus Bennet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Where

Where was all this explosion and production in Dallas? in Chicago? If he was that good then why hasn't he ever been able to be the main TE on the teams he's played on? Why has he always been only the 2nd best TE on his teams in Dallas & NE?

What are you even talking about? He was behind a future HOFer on his rookie deal and then played with maybe the best TE in NFL history in NE. So that means he's not good? He was THE guy in NY and CHI and had several productive seasons while being one of the best blocking TE's in the league.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Where

Where was all this explosion and production in Dallas? in Chicago? If he was that good then why hasn't he ever been able to be the main TE on the teams he's played on? Why has he always been only the 2nd best TE on his teams in Dallas & NE?

Uhmmmm he did produce a ton in Chicago. What are you talking about?

And he has been the main TE on his teams. Seriously. What are you talking about?

And good lord why was he the 2nd best TE in NE????????

Seriously guys if your gonna troll at least troll right. And I say troll cause if you have to ask why he was the 2nd best TE on the NE roster, and use it as a mark against him, your either trolling or have never watched football before.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Where

There. This is the type of guy we needed.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

ChicagoPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's a nice replacement for Cook as Bennett is a more complete player albeit not as explosive. As far as apologies go, I will be the first to apologize to Ted Thompson but not until an impact LB and CB are added to this roster. Still much work to be done to address this abysmal defense.

Sunshine885500

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Uhmmmm he did produce a ton in Chicago. What are you talking about?

And he has been the main TE on his teams. Serioysly. What are you talking about?

And good lord why was he the 2nd best TE in NE????????

Seriously guys if your gonna troll at least troll right. And I say troll cause if you have to ask why he was the 2nd best TE on the NE roster your either trolling or have never watched football before.

I played the sport. I've been a GB Fan my whole life. I don't think it's an upgrade - period. Cook has the most yds/catch of any TE in the league next to Gronk since being in the league and playing with much lesser QBs then Bennett. We all have our opinions and I say that Bennett is an okay TE but not a difference maker. Also, I don't just watch the games - I study the sport.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I played the sport. I've been a GB Fan my whole life. I don't think it's an upgrade - period. Cook has the most yds/catch of any TE in the league next to Gronk since being in the league and playing with much lesser QBs then Bennett. We all have our opinions and I say that Bennett is an okay TE but not a difference maker. Also, I don't just watch the games - I study the sport.

He is physical and can "big body" db's and with Aaron's Lazer accuracy its a perfect match.

You will end up liking this move.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Where

Exactly. There's a reason this guy is a journeyman.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I just love when the credentials start coming out on the ol' fan forum. It's my second favorite message board trope, right behind "if this was in person we could settle it outside!" A real classic!

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
If TT doesn't sign guys:

"THis BUM never signs ANYone! He'S an idIOT!!! FIRE HiM!?!"

If TT signs a guy:

"ThErE's a REASoN thAt BUM was ON the StreET!"

Scotland Yard

What the hell is going on around here!
Reaction score
A down grade? Seriously? Bennett has been better then Cook pretty much his entire career. Outside of being older he's better at pretty much everything.

Bennett is the better, more productive and healthier player, I agree with you. Bennett is a great pickup for the Pack, probably an upgrade over Cook given that Bennett is a complete TE with run blocking skills and taller at 6'6".

True, Bennett is older than Cook, by 28 days...

No disrespect, just pointing it out as it seems many fans assume Bennett is older because he came out of college so young, but, truth is they are almost exactly the same age.

MadCat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate to see Cook go, but this is a good signing. He will be a nice red zone threat.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
If TT doesn't sign guys:

"THis BUM never signs ANYone! He'S an idIOT!!! FIRE HiM!?!"

If TT signs a guy:

"ThErE's a REASoN thAt BUM was ON the StreET!"

Not me. I think this was great. Never thought TT would pull the trigger on him. Totally and happily surprised.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Apologize to Thompson? For what? He wasn't going to sign Cook he better damn well have signed a player like Bennett. He bailed himself out.

If you're looking for apologies, wait until he improves that defense.

I'm curious to see the financials.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I have it on good authority that TT is paying Bennett a little extra under the table to drop some touchdown passes in the playoffs. It's a wink, wink nudge, nudge situation. He's actively working against a SB win, you see. He's led the Packers to the 4th most wins in the league and one championship over his tenure purely by accident. He was really nefariously trying to foil the team all along. Despite his best efforts, the team just limps along. Only a few dedicated fan forum posters are onto him though. The rest of Packer nation are blind sheep!

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yeah I'm sure you study the sport hard while asking why he was viewed as the 2nd best TE in NE, then trying to act like Bennett hasn't been a big time TE for years and neglecting the fact that by every metric Bennett was better the Cook just last season where both were in their 1st and only seasons respectively with HoF QBs at the top of their games.

I believe your a true student of the game

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I honestly applaud TT for this...

I was a fan of Bennett going back to his A&M days.. which is ironic b/c my whole family went to UT lol. I was suprised when Keller was the first TE of his draft

He will be VERY GOOD with Aaron b/c he is just "fast enough" and presents a big, athletic target...

The only downside to this signing is that Bennett will be 30, but Cook was pretty much the same age so

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bennett is better than Cook... no question

Only negatives... maybe a little older than Cook and maybe a "little" slower... but i dont know about that for sure

Bennett will be VERY good.. lock him in for 60 catches 650-700 yards 8 touchdowns

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bennett is better than Cook... no question

Only negatives... maybe a little older than Cook and maybe a "little" slower... but i dont know about that for sure

Bennett will be VERY good.. lock him in for 60 catches 650-700 yards 8 touchdowns

He's only 28 days older I believe

ChicagoPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
3 year deal for under 20 million is a steal to have him.

Still should have signed Gilmore and drafted TJ Watt in the first round. That would have made the offseason a success. Now we still lack a big time pass rusher and a shut down corner to legitimately compete for a Super Bowl.

Let's see what else Ted can do between now and the draft to solidify this defense and give 12 a fair chance to win # 2.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's only 28 days older I believe

Yea i dont get these idiots posting on here

Cook has more athletic upside.. yes... but they're both basically 30.. we know "who they are"

Bennett is DEFINITELY better

Bennett has MUCH, MUCH better hands and it isn't close and is a more polished route runner who doesn't get hurt(knock on wood)

I'm impressed by this signing but I want to see on paper what type of contract he's getting.. I would have assumed 9-10 million annually based on the market

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts