martellus Bennet

Status
Not open for further replies.

King of Jeans

Cheesehead
Reaction score
people complaining about this deal are being ridiculous. we signed a great tight end. cook played like 8 games for this team, and showed up in 4 of them. why are you all acting like he's some franchise player?

King of Jeans

Cheesehead
Reaction score
is cook a better player? maybe. but that doesn't change the fact that we still signed a great player.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL at anyone being mad at this signing. He will have 10+ TDs this year if he stays healthy. Our red zone offense will be unbelievable.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"5 wide and burn rubber"

Score Score Score baby

Again score score score means the Packers still lose 28-21 because the defense can't stop people from scoring more Haha. I mean as of now this is the same defense that got lit up by Kurt Cousins, Blake Bortels, A rookie in Dak Prescott (twice) Marcus Mariotta, and Sam Bradford. I mean seriously they need to score 40 a game.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Again score score score means the Packers still lose 28-21 because the defense can't stop people from scoring more Haha. I mean as of now this is the same defense that got lit up by Kurt Cousins, Blake Bortels, A rookie in Dak Prescott (twice) Marcus Mariotta, and Sam Bradford. I mean seriously they need to score 40 a game.
People forgot about the play off game when we played the cards when Kurt warner was lighting us up. We need clock management and defense.

OP
OP
AmishMafia

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How do you figure? they don't even have a full time guy at Rb man haha. Now if they managed to sign Adrian Peterson??
Peterson? Doubt he has anything left. He looked ineffective before his last injury. But then again, I doubted him before.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I disagree! Bennett is not a game changing TE, but Cook is and has more downfield talent. Bennett played in Dallas, Chicago, & NE and wasn't a difference maker at all like Cook was for us this past season. He opened up more on the outside because of his threat down the middle. Away, only time will tell if he works out to be a better TE in our system. As of right now he is just Bubba Franks Big.
I'm very serious. Cook is a far better talent than Bennett. You think Bennett could make that catch against Dallas? Like I said, at least Bennett has proven he can stay healthy but this is a lateral move at best. Teddy is supposed to be adding pieces, not replacing them. They're no closer to a Super Bowl than they were two days ago.

I dunno, could Cook make this one?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

They're really good athletes. They make great plays. Could Martellus tiptoe the sidelines on a catch? I'm sure he has.

OP
OP
AmishMafia

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree we need to improve on defense. But we will be better next year without any moves. A lot of youth on the roster. Our S, NT, ILB (2), CB (4), all had less than 3 years experience. Plus, this is a deep draft for CB and OLBs. We should be able to get some more talent there.

H

HardRightEdge

Does this mean we are not going to resign Cook? Or do we want a double TE threat? Hmmmm.
LOL. Only if Thompson / McCarthy are channeling Belichick. I don't think so. Bill's probably going back to WR-centric on the cheap anyway. Kinda did already with Gronkowski down.

Last edited by a moderator:
H

HardRightEdge

I agree we need to improve on defense. But we will be better next year without any moves. A lot of youth on the roster. Our S, NT, ILB (2), CB (4), all had less than 3 years experience. Plus, this is a deep draft for CB and OLBs. We should be able to get some more talent there.
I admire your optimism is the face of the facts. ;)

Sunshine885500

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm very serious. Cook is a far better talent than Bennett. You think Bennett could make that catch against Dallas? Like I said, at least Bennett has proven he can stay healthy but this is a lateral move at best. Teddy is supposed to be adding pieces, not replacing them. They're no closer to a Super Bowl than they were two days ago.

I agree - when has Bennett made the Pro Bowl? NE winning the Championship was more about the WRs whereas GBs WRs couldn't get any separation until Cook was on the field. Anyway, time will tell but until Bennett plays like a game changing TE GB didn't get any better & yes he's played with much better QBs in his career then Cook has so his numbers should be much much better overall.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
LOL. Only if Thompson / McCarthy are channeling Belichick. I don't think so. Bill's probably going back to WR-centric on the cheap anyway. Kinda did already with Gronkowski down.

He just traded for Brandon Cooks

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We can all argue back and forth who's a better player, but one thing that can't be argued is replacing Cook with Bennett doesn't get this team any closer to a Super Bowl.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We can all argue back and forth who's a better player, but one thing that can't be argued is replacing Cook with Bennett doesn't get this team any closer to a Super Bowl.

Exactly. The team is actually worse than it was. On BOTH sides of the ball.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
There two different style of players. Bennett is more like a Jermichael Finely right before he got hurt which I absolutely "love"

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Well if Bennett is the better player then it does. Its just a matter of how much.

As for arguing about who's better there's not a single metric I can think of which would make Cook the better player at this point in time.

Route Running: Bennett

Hands: Bennett by a mile

Red zone threat: Bennett

Blocking: Bennett

Health: Bennett

Production: Bennett (last year with Rodgers as his QB Cook wasn't as good as Bennett even when healthy)

Not that Cooks bad but Bennett is pretty literally better at everything

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Bennett is better than Cook at basically everything. There's a reason he was universally regarded as the top FA tight end. Some of you will find a reason to complain about anything this FO does. You'd rather just slam TT regardless of the move because that's your agenda. There's no interest in actually assessing the team in any way that's remotely objective. It's cute. A little annoying, but cute. You're basically homers, just in the negative.

Sunshine885500

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Where
There two different style of players. Bennett is more like a Jermichael Finely right before he got hurt which I absolutely "love"
Where was all this explosion and production in Dallas? in Chicago? If he was that good then why hasn't he ever been able to be the main TE on the teams he's played on? Why has he always been only the 2nd best TE on his teams in Dallas & NE?

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
This was a great sign as it fills a hole as Cook was probably going to walk. Rome was not built in a day. This was a step in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts