Martavis Bryant

Lawdog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would be willing to part with a 2018 5th round and 2019 6th round to obtain Bryant. I'm very well aware of his past issues and league suspensions. Bryant is on the last year of his rookie deal and has expressed interest to be more involved in the Steeler offense.

I believe Bryant is the missing link with this offense. This is the outside receiver with size and speed. Pair Bryant with Adams, Cobb, Graham, and Montgomery this is a very dangerous offense. I believe realistically the two above mentioned selections would get this deal done. Folks the packers are not trading for OBJ. I would love to hear your thoughts.

D

Deleted member 6794

I would be willing to part with a 2018 5th round and 2019 6th round to obtain Bryant. I'm very well aware of his past issues and league suspensions. Bryant is on the last year of his rookie deal and has expressed interest to be more involved in the Steeler offense.

I believe Bryant is the missing link with this offense. This is the outside receiver with size and speed. Pair Bryant with Adams, Cobb, Graham, and Montgomery this is a very dangerous offense. I believe realistically the two above mentioned selections would get this deal done. Folks the packers are not trading for OBJ. I would love to hear your thoughts.

Bryant is one strike away from facing a lifetime ban from the league. The Packers should pass on him.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At this point it wouldn’t be a bad idea but I doubt anything is gonna happen til the draft i thought the Steelers said they aren’t trading bryant

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bryant is one strike away from facing a lifetime ban from the league. The Packers should pass on him.
I didn’t know that he was that close.. yeah I’d pass and just draft that’s one position they seem to have very high success especially in the second round

D

Deleted member 6794

At this point it wouldn’t be a bad idea but I doubt anything is gonna happen til the draft i thought the Steelers said they aren’t trading bryant

You're right, Steelers GM Colbert has made it pretty clear that the team isn't thinking about trading Bryant.

I didn’t know that he was that close.. yeah I’d pass and just draft that’s one position they seem to have very high success especially in the second round

Bryant was suspended for the entire 2016 season therefore when he gets caught for substance abuse once again the league most likely won't allow to play him anymore.

It's true the Packers have had success drafting wide receivers in the second round but haven't been able to select an impact player later for more than 10 years.

Last edited by a moderator:

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Interesting idea. He's got loads of talent, I'm just not sure I see the Packers taking a risk on him.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he was available fir that I'd do it without hesitation. One strike away or not it's a small price to risk for what could be a huge reward. However as has been said he's at least publicly not available.
Saw him play on a random Monday in Nashville and tickets were 15 dollars on stubhub one time. He scored like an 80 yard td, he'd be a nice weapon that Rodgers would surely appreciate

D

Deleted member 6794

If he was available fir that I'd do it without hesitation. One strike away or not it's a small price to risk for what could be a huge reward. However as has been said he's at least publicly not available.

While I wouldn't be worried about the Packers giving up two late round picks for Bryant either the team would enter the season relying on him to be available all year. Gutekunst would have a hard time adjusting the roster if Martavis got into troubles once again.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I wouldn't be worried about the Packers giving up two late round picks for Bryant either the team would enter the season relying on him to be available all year. Gutekunst would have a hard time adjusting the roster if Martavis got into troubles once again.

I wouldn't see that as a reason not to aquire him. And even if he was picked up in trade I'd still be in favor of taking a receiver as high as the 2nd round

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
If he's a lockerroom cancer (note: I said "if"), I'd pass. If he just has some off-field issues, then sure. He does bring an element that the Packers lack.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd throw one or both of the 5th round comps at a one year rental of a starting caliber WR. Odds of an impact player this season from those slots are very low. Long term impacts a bit higher but still not sure fire.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, that's not really moving the needle for me. I just don't want him creating dysfunction in the locker room.
I agree ... to a point. However, any player that is doing something that has the potential to get hm kicked out of the league has an issue that is much bigger than whatever he happens to be doing. Personally, I don't care about someone smoking Pot, but if it is more important to them than a muti million dollar a year job, then there is a pretty big concern about them.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I agree ... to a point. However, any player that is doing something that has the potential to get hm kicked out of the league has an issue that is much bigger than whatever he happens to be doing. Personally, I don't care about someone smoking Pot, but if it is more important to them than a muti million dollar a year job, then there is a pretty big concern about them.

Oh for sure. But that's also why the price tag would theoretically be really low. I'm just saying his past issues wouldn't rule him out for me. I'd be more concerned if he was a big issue for his teammates.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think I'd send them a fourth, and that's it. He's damaged goods, but his ceiling makes it worth it.

D

Deleted member 6794

I wouldn't see that as a reason not to aquire him. And even if he was picked up in trade I'd still be in favor of taking a receiver as high as the 2nd round

The Packers have a limited amount of roster spots though. Therefore having a player on the 53 being one infraction away from being banned for lifetime presents a risk.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers have a limited amount of roster spots though. Therefore having a player on the 53 being one infraction away from being banned for lifetime presents a risk.

Nah you can't play scared if you wanna win. There's a lot of risks involved and to me that's a very small one. But this isn't going to happen and the Packers need to do something at wr. So I'd prefer the Packers sign Jordan Matthews on a one year deal or Cameron Meredith to a multi year offer sheet before the April 20th deadline. They've put themselves in a bad spot depth wise even if you think Geronimo Allison is a player and I don't think he is. Davis is nothing more than a pretty good returner whose bad decisions are gonna cost the team a game eventually. To me Clark is the only player behind Cobb and Adams and that's if he makes a nice year 2 jump which I think he will. Right now I could see Gute taking 3 in the draft and them all being on the opening day 53

D

Deleted member 6794

Nah you can't play scared if you wanna win. There's a lot of risks involved and to me that's a very small one. But this isn't going to happen and the Packers need to do something at wr. So I'd prefer the Packers sign Jordan Matthews on a one year deal or Cameron Meredith to a multi year offer sheet before the April 20th deadline. They've put themselves in a bad spot depth wise even if you think Geronimo Allison is a player and I don't think he is.

I would prefer the Packers to bring in a veteran receiver who doesn't have the same off field issues than Bryant. Unfortunately both Matthews and Meredith are off the market.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO there's more risk then to be comfortable trading for Bryant.
Besides, last I read, the Steelers denied they have any interest in trading for him.

D

Deleted member 6794

but he'd be great opposite Adams. just the thing the O needs...if his head is on straight now.

The Packers could definitely use a talented receiver like Bryant but the team should pursue another one who hasn't been suspended multiple times. It's a moot point anyway as it seems the Steelers won't trade him.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers could definitely use a talented receiver like Bryant but the team should pursue another one who hasn't been suspended multiple times. It's a moot point anyway as it seems the Steelers won't trade him.
wouldn't hurt to ask. maybe he's over his idiocy. if so he might be another chris carter...troubled beginning to the hof. they'd have to do their due diligence.

D

Deleted member 6794

wouldn't hurt to ask. maybe he's over his idiocy. if so he might be another chris carter...troubled beginning to the hof. they'd have to do their due diligence.

I guess there have been significantly more players not being able to turn their life around after struggling to stay out of trouble at the start of their NFL careers compared to successful examples like Carter.

Members online

Latest posts