Marc Trestman---- fired??

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
As tempting as it must have been, Bears coach Marc Trestman said Monday he never considered pulling quarterback Jay Cutler during Sunday’s debacle in Green Bay. But he did say that his quarterback needed to improve, as questions continued about the possibility. “Certainly, we know that Jay’s not comfortable with the way he played yesterday,”…
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

My wife said he looked so sad last night, she wanted to give him a hug......lol

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
How in the world do they not at the very, very least, fire DC Tucker after those two back-to-back games? One of the assistants probably wouldn't do much better but it would at least send an initial signal to the team.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How in the world do they not at the very, very least, fire DC Tucker after those two back-to-back games? One of the assistants probably wouldn't do much better but it would at least send an initial signal to the team.

I think maybe they're really worried about the message it'll send to potential future coaches. They are a mess ...and I love it. I'll predict it now. They'll knock off the Lions in one of those 2 games and it'll just bring on more questions and problems and confusion! :laugh: I hope they beat a couple decent teams now down the stretch just to prolong this all. Like Chinese drip torture! Like a really bad golfer that hits a couple great shots on the 18th after shooting 50 over the rest of the way! :roflmao::roflmao:

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thing is I wonder, just how much rope is Trestman given to yank him? He's not the one who paid him that Romo-sized contract, it was his boss, and if he sits him would that end up getting the trigger pulled on him? Remember, Mike Shanahan did that to RG3 in Washington and he got fired for it. I don't know what the Bears big cigars would do, but somehow I don't think it would sit well with them if Trestman pulled him.

rondon57

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They should have drafted a QB 1st rd by now and the way it looks they will have a lousy win-loss record this season so this spring may be a good time for the Bears to pull the trigger on a QB in the draft,at the worst it may light a fire under Cutler but I think it's pretty clear he is not the guy.

rondon57

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thing is I wonder, just how much rope is Trestman given to yank him? He's not the one who paid him that Romo-sized contract, it was his boss, and if he sits him would that end up getting the trigger pulled on him? Remember, Mike Shanahan did that to RG3 in Washington and he got fired for it. I don't know what the Bears big cigars would do, but somehow I don't think it would sit well with them if Trestman pulled him.
Trestman may not be coaching the Bears next year,should have never let Lovie Smith go.Seems like the front office in Chicago lost all direction.It's looking like the Lions are now GB's biggest challenge in that division.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I think maybe they're really worried about the message it'll send to potential future coaches. They are a mess ...and I love it. I'll predict it now. They'll knock off the Lions in one of those 2 games and it'll just bring on more questions and problems and confusion! :laugh: I hope they beat a couple decent teams now down the stretch just to prolong this all. Like Chinese drip torture! Like a really bad golfer that hits a couple great shots on the 18th after shooting 50 over the rest of the way! :roflmao::roflmao:
I hope they win out. 10-6 doesn't make the playoffs and they draft around 20th to not get any studs. Too good to lose but not good enough to win. Several years of hope wasted. Sort of like our Forrest Gregg years.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Blind loyalty....hmmmm....Cutler IS Jeff George. The Bears are the John Daly of the NFL - sometimes drunk, sometimes erratic, sometimes poised, and sometimes Ugly. Highly Volatile!! lol

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Blind loyalty....hmmmm....Cutler IS Jeff George. The Bears are the John Daly of the NFL - sometimes drunk, sometimes erratic, sometimes poised, and sometimes Ugly. Highly Volatile!! lol
Hit the nail on the head. Jeff George reincarnated. A 200 million dollar airport with a deer stand as a control tower.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trestman may not be coaching the Bears next year,should have never let Lovie Smith go.Seems like the front office in Chicago lost all direction.It's looking like the Lions are now GB's biggest challenge in that division.

Lovie isn't exactly lighting the world on fire in Tampa Bay this season. But beside lack of personnel the apparent rift between the offense and defense in Chicago may be due to some resentments from the defensive side of Smith's firing two years ago.

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
These are wonderful times in Illinois, LOL! You can be rest assured that I'm loving it - all of it. Hey - no one had any sympathy for me in the 80's, so I sure as hell have none for them. The more misery those fans get, the better I like it. Serves them right. They can wipe their tears with their dumb Ditka v-neck sweaters and I'll use one for toilet paper.

Reaction score
Have to agree with this, I thought for sure somebody would have to go after those performances against the Pats and Pack in back to back games. You assume Tucker and Trestman are not the answer long term, but it seems clear some of the players have quit on the coaching staff, and you should show the fans that somebody is being held accountable for the team's poor performance. Just speaks to the incompetence of that organization right now, I won't complain one bit

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah and I was even reading an article today that Trestman says he's not going to change anything in the way they call plays or manage O or whatever either. I actually did follow this guy when he coached in the CFL and he did some good things there that gave him winning teams with great offense, thought he was as they say a smart coach who knows football well, but I don't get why he's so reluctant to pull any changes for a team in trouble. I've never seen a coach last fewer than 5 years in Chitown, but at this rate it does not look good for him at all.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I actually did follow this guy when he coached in the CFL and he did some good things there that gave him winning teams with great offense, thought he was as they say a smart coach who knows football well, but I don't get why he's so reluctant to pull any changes for a team in trouble.
A few of the callers on Bears radio after last week's bloodbath said Trestman is a great OC who is over his head as HC. What you say about him in the CFL contradicts that. BTW, do you know of any ties he has with Tucker? I wonder if he has the authority to fire him? Also, after being humiliated by the arch rivals on national TV, I thought it would have been appropriate for the GM to handle the main press conference, or at least sit at Trestman's side. It'll be interesting to see how much fight they have in 'em at home against the Vikings. If they lay down again, it could get ugly with the fans.

(AlabamaPackerCracker, that is one humorous self-deprecating? interesting name!:D)

ls1bob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Granted I am not a Brandon Marshall fan or any bear fan for that matter and I know Marshall has his demons, but he did not quit on his team the other night unlike Jeffrey and other bear players. Again, he had done some dumb things in the past but he still played hard being that far down until he hurt his ankle.

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Granted I am not a Brandon Marshall fan or any bear fan for that matter and I know Marshall has his demons, but he did not quit on his team the other night unlike Jeffrey and other bear players. Again, he had done some dumb things in the past but he still played hard being that far down until he hurt his ankle.

I'm not sure that Jeffery quit - they're just simply terrible, lol. Look - when Cutler is your QB - your odds aren't great. I am absolutely loving it. I thought the Wannstedt years were great - no, these are better.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A few of the callers on Bears radio after last week's bloodbath said Trestman is a great OC who is over his head as HC. What you say about him in the CFL contradicts that. BTW, do you know of any ties he has with Tucker? I wonder if he has the authority to fire him? Also, after being humiliated by the arch rivals on national TV, I thought it would have been appropriate for the GM to handle the main press conference, or at least sit at Trestman's side. It'll be interesting to see how much fight they have in 'em at home against the Vikings. If they lay down again, it could get ugly with the fans.

(AlabamaPackerCracker, that is one humorous self-deprecating? interesting name!:D)

Yes I heard that. As far as I know Tucker never coached in that league, however he did hire or allowed the hiring of a bad defensive coordinator there. His offenses were good enough to make up for that and outscore opponents a lot, but his defenses continually dropped off while he coached. It certainly seems to have carried over here. As far as what authority he has to fire coordinators, I've never known any Bears GMs or ownership to interfere in that matter, or at least Lovie was allowed to hire and fire his.

I don't think it's any stretch to say that Josh McCown is a much smarter QB than Cutler though, hence why his team overall looked better last year.

D

Deleted member 6794

I don't think it's any stretch to say that Josh McCown is a much smarter QB than Cutler though, hence why his team overall looked better last year.

McCown had a stretch of eight great games last season with the Bears, otherwise he has been a mediocre QB at best.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's a pretty ridiculous statement, but to be fair, there's talent on paper. They've got some weapons with Forte, Jeffrey, Marshall, and Bennett. It's going to be nearly impossible for them to continue justifying Cutler as their franchise QB after this year.