Magazines that picked champ right

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Magazines that picked champ right last year differ this year
By Skip Wood, USA TODAY

When it comes to preseason NFL magazines and their 2005 prognostications, it's appropriate to defer to the defending champions, Athlon and Street & Smith's, both of which correctly picked the New England Patriots to defeat the Philadelphia Eagles in last year's Super Bowl.

This summer, however, the two publications disagree on the makeup of Super Bowl XL in Detroit.

Athlon has the Baltimore Ravens defeating the Philadelphia Eagles, and Street & Smith's counters with the Eagles beating the Indianapolis Colts. In fact, the Eagles are the pick of three of the five of the more notable preseason rags.

The Sporting News and Pro Football Weekly also see Philly breaking through against Indianapolis. The only believer in the two-time defending Super Bowl champions is Lindy's, which has the New England Patriots stopping the Atlanta Falcons.

Division winners?

Athlon: NFC

carol k

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, the Viking fans are already stating that they are going to win it, and they are always right with their predictions, aren't they? (Just a little sarcasm there) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
for what its worth i had...
AFC--New England, Baltimore, Indy and KC, WC's= Buffalo and Pittsburgh
NFC--Philly, Minnesota, Carolina and Seattle, WC's= Green Bay and Washington

not that bad but my super bowl pick was Indy over Seattle

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Sporting News was the Broncos beating the Seahawks.

Boy, did they ever hit the nail on the head! Neat article to read, but yet again demonstrates that the experts are as effective at preseason pics as we are.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
musccy said:
The Sporting News was the Broncos beating the Seahawks.

Boy, did they ever hit the nail on the head! Neat article to read, but yet again demonstrates that the experts are as effective at preseason pics as we are.

yeah thats pretty poor---i'll defend the seahawks, I thought they were NFC-champ caliber, I didn't want to pick the Eagles, I thought Seattle could've challenged the Eagles but they didn't choose to compete last year and backed into the playoffs...as for the Broncos...the AFC was stacked last year, and the Broncos really werent in that "stack"...they made the playoffs but never had a chance to win anything

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe we will be able to sneak up on a few teams this year. I wouldn't mind that.

The Lions could be a suprise if somebody plays a good game of QB for them. I'd love to have their skill players to put around Brett.

V

Vikeman

PackerChick said:
vikings fans are a little too optimistic

you know your right bud...the vikes will be average this year. matter of fact they will go 8-8 again and miss the playoffs.

a pessimistic viking fan

Members online

Latest posts