LT ticked after game

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does anyone know why LT was so mad after the game? He pushed away all the Patriots that wanted to shake hands. I don't think that it was because he had just lost, but I am not sure.

Jakest3r

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I really don't know, I think it's the fact he worked so hard to get here, and now he's done for the rest of the year. That challenge that schotty called on that fumble costed them the game really, because that wasted a timeout.

The timeout that they could of kept would have saved them roughly 35 seconds..and enough for 2-3 more shots to get closer for a field goal. But oh well things happen for a reason..

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Patriots were dancing all over his home field "disrepctin'" them etc. is what he said after the game. He kind of felt bad for going off though

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Patriots were dancing all over his home field "disrepctin'" them etc. is what he said after the game. He kind of felt bad for going off though
Can't blame them for celebrating! I think he was just frustrated. He had such a killer regular season, then his team goes and "BEARS" it. (One and done i mean) must be a hard way to end such a great season on his part.
But he should have been a good sport about it.

OP
OP

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Thanks.

OP
OP

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackinSteel said:
Can't blame them for celebrating! I think he was just frustrated. He had such a killer regular season, then his team goes and "BEARS" it. (One and done i mean) must be a hard way to end such a great season on his part.

At least the Chargers had a chance to "BEAR" it, instead of not getting the chance by "PACKERING" it...

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
The guy whom many have suggested should be the face of the NFL showed a little of his *** on Sunday.

Chargers running back LaDainian Tomlinson appeared to be pissed off about something as he left the field following the Patriots' stunning come-from-behind win in San Diego. He was asked about the situation in the locker room.

"[Y]es, I was upset," Tomlinson said. "Very upset. When you go to the middle of our field and you start doing the dance that Shawne Merriman is known for, that's disrespectful to me and I can't sit there and watch that. And so yeah, I was very upset. And just the fact the way they showed no class at all, absolutely no class, and maybe it comes from the head coach. There you have it."

No class? Hey, L.T., maybe it's just us, but we haven't seen many news items this year about Patriots players taking nandro or buying up the key ingreidient for "purple drank" and shipping it to Houston or getting into shoot-outs with cops or being investigated for importing knock-off athletic shoes that would then be sold to U.S. suckers at full price or driving drunk or doing any of the other things that various members of your team did this year.

And we're not defending Bill Belichick here. We don't like the whole cut-off hoodie look, and not many others do. Though we think that too much was made of him grabbing that photographer last week after beating the Jets, it definitely was something he shouldn't have done.

But there's never been a question about the Patriots being anything other than classy.

So does mimicking Shawne Merriman's "lights out" dance cross the line after the Pats turned the "lights out" on the Chargers' season? What the hell is the difference between the two? Is L.T. saying it's okay for Merriman to show up an opponent with that Tourette's patient on speed routine after making a play because he thought it up first?

It's a stupid argument, and it was a stupid thing for Tomlinson to say.

He wasn't upset because the Patriots were celebrating, he was upset because the Chargers lost, and because his storybook season ended a couple of chapters short.

And there may be an epilogue in this one, in Hawaii. If the Pats should lose to the Colts next week, the head coach of L.T.'s team will be Bill Belichick.

OP
OP

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The guy whom many have suggested should be the face of the NFL showed a little of his *** on Sunday.

Chargers running back LaDainian Tomlinson appeared to be pissed off about something as he left the field following the Patriots' stunning come-from-behind win in San Diego. He was asked about the situation in the locker room.

"[Y]es, I was upset," Tomlinson said. "Very upset. When you go to the middle of our field and you start doing the dance that Shawne Merriman is known for, that's disrespectful to me and I can't sit there and watch that. And so yeah, I was very upset. And just the fact the way they showed no class at all, absolutely no class, and maybe it comes from the head coach. There you have it."

No class? Hey, L.T., maybe it's just us, but we haven't seen many news items this year about Patriots players taking nandro or buying up the key ingreidient for "purple drank" and shipping it to Houston or getting into shoot-outs with cops or being investigated for importing knock-off athletic shoes that would then be sold to U.S. suckers at full price or driving drunk or doing any of the other things that various members of your team did this year.

And we're not defending Bill Belichick here. We don't like the whole cut-off hoodie look, and not many others do. Though we think that too much was made of him grabbing that photographer last week after beating the Jets, it definitely was something he shouldn't have done.

But there's never been a question about the Patriots being anything other than classy.

So does mimicking Shawne Merriman's "lights out" dance cross the line after the Pats turned the "lights out" on the Chargers' season? What the hell is the difference between the two? Is L.T. saying it's okay for Merriman to show up an opponent with that Tourette's patient on speed routine after making a play because he thought it up first?

It's a stupid argument, and it was a stupid thing for Tomlinson to say.

He wasn't upset because the Patriots were celebrating, he was upset because the Chargers lost, and because his storybook season ended a couple of chapters short.

And there may be an epilogue in this one, in Hawaii. If the Pats should lose to the Colts next week, the head coach of L.T.'s team will be Bill Belichick.

Great find Z2C.
I kind of take LT's side on this one. Everyone celebrates after a tackle in the heat of the game. BUT, after the game, if they were intentionally mocking Meriman, then that would really tick me off. After reading that, I can't blame LT for not wanting to shake hands with the team rubbing it in their face. Just my opinion.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Bellichick is an *******..

When he loses..he's the biggest baby on the planet. You should have seen him when Denver spanked them last year...

And I hope the Colts do it to them again this year...then you will see his true colors..and Brady's too...

(They are both spoiled whiners....when they lose!)

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People are such crybabies. Bellichick is a winner. Get over it. No matter what, Tomlinson looked like a piece of $hit calling out an opposing head coach. The Chargers lost the game, the Pats took advantage and then celebrated when they beat the #1 team in the league, and LaDanian couldn't deal. The guy's been pure class his whole career, but he ruined that with his comments and his post-game actions.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
PackinSteel said:

At least the Chargers had a chance to "BEAR" it, instead of not getting the chance by "PACKERING" it...

I was just sitting and waiting.......wondering WHICH Bears fan would answer!!!LOLOLOL!!! :rotflmao:

OP
OP

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
People are such crybabies. Bellichick is a winner. Get over it. No matter what, Tomlinson looked like a piece of $hit calling out an opposing head coach. The Chargers lost the game, the Pats took advantage and then celebrated when they beat the #1 team in the league, and LaDanian couldn't deal. The guy's been pure class his whole career, but he ruined that with his comments and his post-game actions.

I think that celebrating is one thing. But if they were openly mocking the Chargers at midfield - I believe that I would have done the same thing. Beat me - ok. Beat me AND mock me - f you.

pack_in_black - what did you think of Moss's mooning the crowd at Lambeau? The vast majority of Packer fans wanted someone to ring his bell. That action wasn't even toward the team, it was toward the crowd.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:

I think that celebrating is one thing. But if they were openly mocking the Chargers at midfield - I believe that I would have done the same thing. Beat me - ok. Beat me AND mock me - f you.

pack_in_black - what did you think of Moss's mooning the crowd at Lambeau? The vast majority of Packer fans wanted someone to ring his bell. That action wasn't even toward the team, it was toward the crowd.

Honestly, it didn't bother me all that much. I hated him for "torching" Al harris, and for costing us our season, but the mooning wasn't that big of a deal. Everyone talks about it like he actually pulled down his pants. He never even really did it.

As far as the whole "mocking" Merriman thing goes, if he hadn't shown up opposing offensive linemen/quarterbacks after every one of his 17 sacks this season, I might be able to sympathize. LaDanian wanted the Pats to "act like they'd been there before"- couldn't any one of the previously mentioned o-linemen or qb's ***** and throw a tantrum like he did?

I just think that it's a double standard. Guys on your team want to be like a WWE star and create a trademark dance? Then eventually, it's gonna come back at you. Example: Randy Moss fake moons the same fans that have mooned him once a year since he joined the league.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh, and 'Lights Out' is a steroid user. I understand SD fans letting it slide. I'd do the same for any player on any of my sports teams. But he has no place to cry about 'disrespect'.

OP
OP

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
pack_in_black said:

Honestly, it didn't bother me all that much. I hated him for "torching" Al harris, and for costing us our season, but the mooning wasn't that big of a deal. Everyone talks about it like he actually pulled down his pants. He never even really did it.

As far as the whole "mocking" Merriman thing goes, if he hadn't shown up opposing offensive linemen/quarterbacks after every one of his 17 sacks this season, I might be able to sympathize. LaDanian wanted the Pats to "act like they'd been there before"- couldn't any one of the previously mentioned o-linemen or qb's ***** and throw a tantrum like he did?

I just think that it's a double standard. Guys on your team want to be like a WWE star and create a trademark dance? Then eventually, it's gonna come back at you. Example: Randy Moss fake moons the same fans that have mooned him once a year since he joined the league.

OK. I can see your point. I think that there is a fine line there somewhere.

To me, the line is that Merriman's antics are within the game. The Pats mocking was done after the game.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK. I can see your point. I think that there is a fine line there somewhere.

To me, the line is that Merriman's antics are within the game. The Pats mocking was done after the game.

True. After a little more thought, I'd agree that NE crossed the line. But I think that the whole root of this is that the Chargers were more butthurt that they lost. That's what irks me about this whole thing. It was a great sports story, underdogs beating a heavily favored juggernaut. Then the whole thing gets pissed on by players feeling 'disrespected'.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder how many people have been murdered because someone "dissed" them in the last 20 years?
To me, you should just be the bigger man and walk away. LT SHOULD have just filed this away in his memory banks for the NEXT time the 2 teams meet. Then you take it out on the other team in the game. (No, i don't mean cheap shots, i mean just having more reason to beat them).
Think about the "old days". If you tried to show up the other team, they got after you the next time. Thats what got the Packers/Bears rivalry really going.
In the end, to me it's not a big deal either way. What the Pats did showed no class for sure, but whats the big deal really? So LT "dissed" them back. Even score!

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All LT had to do was walk off the field and ***** in the locker room. It would accomplish as much but he wouldn't have come off as a very poor loser. As regards the Pats, they showed what poor winners they can be. Their reputation took a big hit there too. I would think the Colts would have extra incentive this weekend. They won't want to see their logo being insulted too. You never want to give an opponent more juice.

OP
OP

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All LT had to do was walk off the field and ***** in the locker room. It would accomplish as much but he wouldn't have come off as a very poor loser. As regards the Pats, they showed what poor winners they can be. Their reputation took a big hit there too. I would think the Colts would have extra incentive this weekend. They won't want to see their logo being insulted too. You never want to give an opponent more juice.

Nice Post.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts