Looks like Wells will be leaving

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who cares let him go, he could be replaced. There are a lot of verteran centers this year in free agency.
We need Wells back. He was a top 5 if not top 3 center last yr. give'em at least a 2 yr. 12-14M deal

JTheGreat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I read on Espn that packers met with houstons center who is one of the top free agents in this offseason.

SEWICHEESE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Wells wont accept in the 5 to 5.5 mil area from GB. Let him walk, sign a 1-2 yr(contract) veteran replacement and draft a center in the mid rounds to mold and start when that guy leaves. Pretty simple TT. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

SEWICHEESE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's football, Players come and players go. Good GM's and Coaches adjust and we have two of the best and will have for a long time. But this thread is premature. As the article pointed out, we may put our best offer on the table just before free agency or he may test the waters and find that the grass is really not that green out there.

I predict that will be exactly what happens. I think Well's will have a sort of "religious experince" kinda like James Jones last year and see that, like you said, the "grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence". I think he'll be back and if not he's perfectly replaceable. Good call.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think he's perfectly replaceable. He's an important piece of our offense. But I think his age and his size will prevent him from getting the kind of money he wants. If he tests the market, My guess is the Packers' contract offer is the largest offer he gets.

Latest posts