Lions studs and duds

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
It's difficult to find studs in this one, although I will say that holding the Lions to 20 points is a game the Packers should be able to win.

Tons of issues offensively, yet again. Not a great game from Rodgers, offensive line getting their ***** handed to them, receivers dropping balls, the Jones fumble, etc.

Deflating, for sure.

Many will focus on the Rodgers part of the game. Mostly because of the elephant in the room of is this is last season, does he come back for next year, etc.

But this was a failure pretty much from top to bottom.

Reaction score
Lots of duds. Doubs disappointed. Jones fumble in the red zone. Rodgers poor decisions and throws. Barry's decision to not blitz, ever. Quay Walker losing his s hit. Etc. Etc.

Studs - not many today. Watson?
Yes. Crosby was a crossbar bounce from stud. But 53 yards in that weather is really like 58 yards etc..
We should’ve just went on 4th n 6

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
somebody please explain wth that Douglas fiasco at the end of the half was. That cost 3 and we left at least 10 on the field. So, we should’ve won by 9 at least. Stupid mistakes and poor preparation.

If I had to guess, the timeout was called, Douglas possibly went up to the ball to stop it from being snapped, was pushed and then retaliated. I don't think it was on the ball stuff.. I think that would have been a 5 yard delay of game type penalty if you mess with the ball.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Defense overall doesn't deserve a "dud" designation. They held Lions to a TD under their average. The dud was the offense. And who runs the offense on the field? Yeah, that guy.
He played his part, no doubt. But he's not the one blowing protections, dropping passes, and fumbling in plus territory.

Like I said. Many will focus on Rodgers. But there was a myriad of issues besides just "that guy".

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We don’t always see eye to eye but I agree with what you said, I think he may have hurt his thumb earlier because those throws were looking weak
So do you want Rodgers back next year or no? I say no because Love has shown some real promise. I'd rather see what we have in him over the course of a season than start all over the following year, because if Rodgers is back, Love is going to be gone.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
This could have been a break out stud game for some players, but once again they’ll viewing the rest of the season at home, this is sucks

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I had to guess, the timeout was called, Douglas possibly went up to the ball to stop it from being snapped, was pushed and then retaliated. I don't think it was on the ball stuff.. I think that would have been a 5 yard delay of game type penalty if you mess with the ball.

I'll never understand the NFL logic that it's okay to shove a guy at will as long as you do it first but if you retaliate in kind YOU get the penalty. NFL is a joke. Small scuffle should be looked past unless it results in a bigger fight. NHL is fine with a little snippy-ness. The NFL has truly become a pu$$y league in the last 30 years.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
So do you want Rodgers back next year or no? I say no because Love has shown some real promise. I'd rather see what we have in him over the course of a season than start all over the following year, because if Rodgers is back, Love is going to be gone.
I don’t think we have anyone else to step up for Rodgers because I think management will trade Love, unless the Packers get Hugh trade incentives like high draft pics Arod will stay

Reaction score
It's difficult to find studs in this one, although I will say that holding the Lions to 20 points is a game the Packers should be able to win.

Tons of issues offensively, yet again. Not a great game from Rodgers, offensive line getting their ***** handed to them, receivers dropping balls, the Jones fumble, etc.

Deflating, for sure.

Many will focus on the Rodgers part of the game. Mostly because of the elephant in the room of is this is last season, does he come back for next year, etc.

But this was a failure pretty much from top to bottom.
Truthfully though Rodgers threw 2 INT and lucked out the last one got called back.
17/27 1TD 2INT

This is another Home game with a poor performance. He’s not worth league high $$. That’s 4 straight years of this stuff.

12.5 points per game average against the 9-8 Lions with a subpar Defense? For $50mil? Not good

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Truthfully though Rodgers threw 2 INT and lucked out the last one got called back.
17/27 1TD 2INT

This is another Home game with a poor performance. He’s not worth league high $$. That’s 4 straight years of this stuff.

12.5 points per game average against the 9-8 Lions with a subpar Defense? For $50mil? Not good
This!

Big L

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DUDs - The entire team including the coaching staff. Don’t care if one or two guys played well.

Another in a long line of big game disasters -

For The Most UNDERACHIEVING Franchise in sports over the past half century

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
17/27 1TD 2INT

That's fine.

Now talk about Aaron Jones fumbling in just about every big game. Or the offensive line routinely making things more difficult for the running game, and for Rodgers in the passing game. Or receives dropping perfectly placed footballs. Or freaking David Bakhtiari of all people with a holding penalty.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not a great game from Rodgers, offensive line getting their ***** handed to them, receivers dropping balls, the Jones fumble, etc.
"Not a great game" is a serious understatement. Two INTs. Poorly placed balls. Underthrows on every drive. Missed TD opportunities. It was a bad game.

AGreen2AJones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds:
Lambeau Field...this place is of zero home field advantage
Jones. Fumble was a minimum six point swing and likely the game.
Rodgers. Horrible audible on Chill Alaska and misthrows.
Quay. Horrific idiot. Instead of 2nd and 9...first and goal at the 5. Maybe hold to a field goal there....
Doubs. Major "drop" (didn't even touch it)
MLF. Choke artist

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
"Not a great game" is a serious understatement. Two INTs. Poorly placed balls. Underthrows on every drive. Missed TD opportunities. It was a bad game.
I literally said he **** the bed when the game was on the line. Maybe you didn't see it.

I'm not here to absolve Aaron Rodgers.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We could not run the ball and the defense did not play aggressive in the backfield like they did against the vikings. I don't know why that. I assume Barry.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
That's fine.

Now talk about Aaron Jones fumbling in just about every big game. Or the offensive line routinely making things more difficult for the running game, and for Rodgers in the passing game. Or receives dropping perfectly placed footballs. Or freaking David Bakhtiari of all people with a holding penalty.
They aren't the face.

They aren't paid 50 mill

They didn't request certain players to be brought back

Why is it so hard to hold him accountable

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll never understand the NFL logic that it's okay to shove a guy at will as long as you do it first but if you retaliate in kind YOU get the penalty. NFL is a joke. Small scuffle should be looked past unless it results in a bigger fight. NHL is fine with a little snippy-ness. The NFL has truly become a pu$$y league in the last 30 years.

Don't understand that either. I also don't understand how a personal foul can be offset. "We know you punched that guy during the play, but since you jumped early, we're just going to wipe it all away". Personal fouls should always be assessed IMHO.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
They aren't the face.

They aren't paid 50 mill

They didn't request certain players to be brought back

Why is it so hard to hold him accountable
You aren't reading any of my posts if you don't think I'm holding him accountable.

I guess my question would be how hard is it to read.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's a cop-out and not true. Jaire gave up one reception. He's a stud. Jones was a stud. Watson was a stud.

Rodgers? MAJOR DUD. He was underthrowing guys all day. Would have had a TD to Jones if he'd thrown it 2 yards deeper. I'm tired of him. Then after his INT what irony that they play a commercial where he admits he hates to practice. Maybe it's time to go.
His throws weren't as terrible as most of Goff's tonight. ;)

Members online

Latest posts