Lineman soon to be cut....

showstopper4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
kffl.com reports that theres a good chance, that Adam Goldberg, Chris Liewinski, and Mike Rosenthal will get cut from the vikes. Rich Seubert from the Giants aswell. All these guys have a lot of game experience and have played well, could help us out for sure atleast for depth.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i dont know much about them, BUT, if they 'have played well' why are they going to be cut?

OP
OP
S

showstopper4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
younger talent, new coaching staff so some guys justg fall out of favor, i dont expect all 3 to be cut but Rosenthal's a good player for sure he protected Culpepper well, and Seubert for the Giants was a good player as well both guys are older though. They all have starting experience.

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It wouldn't surprise me if TT picked one of these 4 up. Even if they've been unimpressive this year, they're all former starters who are better than anyone else that's been cut so far.

Tylaa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I agree. I dont think signing them would hurt us anymore that are starters already do.

slackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I guess the real question is, "do any of them fit the scheme?" I saw were Aaron Gipson was released by Buffalo because they are also going to smaller quicker OL. Aaron has a lot of experience as a starter, but he is one (two gap) big boy and doesn't fit our scheme.

It's hard to have hope considering TT's unwillingness to address the health of this unit thus far. Hopefully someone w/ some skill will fall and TT will be able to swallow some pride and choke back his ego long enough to pull the trigger and bring them for at least a look see.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Goldberg would be a nice pickup. Any of these guys would be nice pickups. Now there not going to come in and start. There not going to come in and make a huge difference but the big thing this team needs is depth and that's what they can give you. All 3 are better than Coston.

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we're employing the Gibbs Zone Blocking scheme, and the Bronco and the Falcons are the best with that set up, it makes sense to go after some of their cut players.

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So far it appears that the only free agent OL prospects TT will bring in are ones that have been out of football for a year or two. I don't think any of these guys qualify. :-?

Staff online

Latest posts