1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

LineBackers Best Since Nitschke Era ?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by WinnipegPackFan, May 2, 2006.

1. WinnipegPackFan

WinnipegPackFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    For what it's worth I had a very long conversation with someone who is much more knowledgable about the game than anyone I know last night. He was very confident ( Raiders Fan ) by the way, that this group of Line Backers has the "POTENTIAL" to be the best since the Nitschke Era !!!

Any thoughts ?

2. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I have to admit it LOOKS good.......but we have to see how they all gel on the field. I think Barnett will really shine with Hawk in there.

3. Packman5

Packman5 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    They have the potential but they are a LONG way away from even being heard in the same sentence as Nitschke

4. Packman5

Packman5 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Even AJ Hawk said he doesn't deserve to be in the same sentence as Nitschke, i heard that in an interview with Jason Allen. But you never know he could be amazing.

5. WinnipegPackFan

WinnipegPackFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah Gents, your right but what excited me was the key word "Potential" I guess we will all have to wait and see, anything is possible !!!

6. wpr

wpr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    They could develope into that type of a unit.
    There were a couple of good trandums back in the late 80's and early 90's that wasn't too bad either.
    1978-85:
    Mike Douglas/John Anderson & either Rich Wingo or George Cumby
    or the one I like better 1987-90:
    Brian Noble/Tim Harris/Johnny Holland

7. gopackgo4

gopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeh it does have great potential I really think hodge could be a dominate player. (hawk is a given)