Letter: Favre, NFL not playing fair

eap33

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I chuckled a bit. Thought I'd share. Enjoy!

http://www.riverfallsjournal.com/articles/index.cfm?id=86478&section=Opinion

Brett Favre has ended his fantastic career with the most lifetime passing touchdowns. I say, this is not fair.

Favre should not be so greedy and give some of his touchdowns to some less fortunate quarterbacks in the NFL. After all, they are trying to succeed too.

In a perfect world, all quarterbacks would have the same statistics. This would be fair.

It troubles me that we live in a society where there is no one to stand up for the little guy. What about the quarterbacks who will not make it to the NFL? What are they to do?

Shouldn’t the NFL adopt the motto of the 20th Century Motor Company: “From each according to his ability, to each according to his need?”

There are other quarterbacks that need more touchdowns, like Tarvaris Jackson.

The NFL should also adopt policies from our government. I think that teams should actually lose points for scoring touchdowns or field goals.

This would limit the production of each player, similar to how the federal government (and the state of Wisconsin) punish people for working harder and producing. This would be the fair way to run the NFL.

When it is time for the playoffs, the NFL should pick the team from each conference with the worst record. The worst team should also have a chance to make it to the Super Bowl just like any other team.

How can players on good teams sleep at night knowing that they are taking all the wins from other teams? If this is not changed soon, I may have to start watching soccer.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Brett Favre has ended his fantastic career with the most lifetime passing touchdowns. I say, this is not fair.

Favre should not be so greedy and give some of his touchdowns to some less fortunate quarterbacks in the NFL. After all, they are trying to succeed too.

In a perfect world, all quarterbacks would have the same statistics. This would be fair.

It troubles me that we live in a society where there is no one to stand up for the little guy. What about the quarterbacks who will not make it to the NFL? What are they to do?

Shouldn’t the NFL adopt the motto of the 20th Century Motor Company: “From each according to his ability, to each according to his need?”

The NFL should also adopt policies from our government. I think that teams should actually lose points for scoring touchdowns or field goals.

This would limit the production of each player, similar to how the federal government (and the state of Wisconsin) punish people for working harder and producing. This would be the fair way to run the NFL.

When it is time for the playoffs, the NFL should pick the team from each conference with the worst record. The worst team should also have a chance to make it to the Super Bowl just like any other team.

How can players on good teams sleep at night knowing that they are taking all the wins from other teams? If this is not changed soon, I may have to start watching soccer.

Actually, to be honest, this is probably why men like sports, because it's not so p.c. and equal.

ElleBlue

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If football becomes, P.C. I'll puke. He says soccer is P.C. yeah right! I played for 8 years (ten if you count junior high school team). And it is NOT the hippie sport everyone thinks it is.

evad04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sports and capitalism aren't even close to being the same thing. On the field there isn't such thing as structural racism (well...at least not any more. There USED to be, like when referees would turn a blind eye to the unsportsmanlike abuse that blacks endured during games).

Oh...and structural racism is just ONE of the many inherent inequalities in our society. Apples and oranges, gentleman. Apples and oranges.

I'm no fan of "P.C." either, but people always over-generalize what it means.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
This post will be locked before midnight.

Someone here will not be able to contain them self, and this is going to turn into a political left or right wing sermon.

Ok, folks. Over/under is set at midnight tonight. I say over.

evad04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:

Someone here will not be able to contain them self, and this is going to turn into a political left or right wing sermon.
That's not fair, RP. Intelligent discussion doesn't have to come from the far left or far right.

In any case, I don't want to start anything. I'll delete my post if it makes you guys happy. We'll leave it to football discussion. Apologizes for taking it to the next level.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:

That's not fair, RP. Intelligent discussion doesn't have to come from the far left or far right.

In any case, I don't want to start anything. I'll delete my post if it makes you guys happy. We'll leave it to football discussion. Apologizes for taking it to the next level.

Intelligent discussion comes from Greg Jennings. If Greg Jennings never said it, it's wrong.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:

evad04- Your post is just fine my friend.

I am just having some fun, about people, all people. Any topic that has even a political or religious thread inter-twined eventually goes down in flames.

I have a policy... I have enacted in my life. Never discuss politics or religion with anyone I have not known for at least a year.

R.P.

Reaction score

Article makes a valid point.

Pass some of them INTs off to other players. Oh yeah, Brett should probably get some more rushing TDs under the shared system.

evad04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
Raider Pride said:

I am just having some fun, about people, all people. Any topic that has even a political or religious thread inter-twined eventually goes down in flames.

I have a policy... I have enacted in my life. Never discuss politics or religion with anyone I have not known for at least a year.

R.P.

Not a bad policy. I guess I bend the rule on the internet, but maybe that's a bad idea. In any case, I think the real answer is (as stated)--Greg Jennings.

Go Pack go.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
Raider Pride said:

R.P.
(Typical left-wing atheist comment)

JUST KIDDING! I couldn't resist that set up!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Members online

Latest posts