1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Letter: Favre, NFL not playing fair

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by eap33, Mar 24, 2008.

1. eap33

eap33 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I chuckled a bit. Thought I'd share. Enjoy!

http://www.riverfallsjournal.com/articles/index.cfm?id=86478&section=Opinion

2. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Actually, to be honest, this is probably why men like sports, because it's not so p.c. and equal.

3. ElleBlue

ElleBlue Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    If football becomes, P.C. I'll puke. He says soccer is P.C. yeah right! I played for 8 years (ten if you count junior high school team). And it is NOT the hippie sport everyone thinks it is.

4. evad04

evad04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Sports and capitalism aren't even close to being the same thing. On the field there isn't such thing as structural racism (well...at least not any more. There USED to be, like when referees would turn a blind eye to the unsportsmanlike abuse that blacks endured during games).

Oh...and structural racism is just ONE of the many inherent inequalities in our society. Apples and oranges, gentleman. Apples and oranges.

I'm no fan of "P.C." either, but people always over-generalize what it means.

5. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    This post will be locked before midnight.

Someone here will not be able to contain them self, and this is going to turn into a political left or right wing sermon.

6. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    That article reminded me of RP.

7. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, folks. Over/under is set at midnight tonight. I say over.

8. evad04

evad04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    That's not fair, RP. Intelligent discussion doesn't have to come from the far left or far right.

In any case, I don't want to start anything. I'll delete my post if it makes you guys happy. We'll leave it to football discussion. Apologizes for taking it to the next level.

9. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Intelligent discussion comes from Greg Jennings. If Greg Jennings never said it, it's wrong.

10. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    evad04- Your post is just fine my friend.

I am just having some fun, about people, all people. Any topic that has even a political or religious thread inter-twined eventually goes down in flames.

I have a policy... I have enacted in my life. Never discuss politics or religion with anyone I have not known for at least a year.

R.P.

11. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Article makes a valid point.

Pass some of them INTs off to other players. Oh yeah, Brett should probably get some more rushing TDs under the shared system.

12. evad04

evad04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Not a bad policy. I guess I bend the rule on the internet, but maybe that's a bad idea. In any case, I think the real answer is (as stated)--Greg Jennings.

Go Pack go.

13. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    (Typical left-wing atheist comment)

JUST KIDDING! I couldn't resist that set up!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

14. TheKanataThrilla

TheKanataThrilla Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think this author has read Ayn Rand once or a thousand times. Funny inclusion of the "20th Century Motor Company" which also has a role in "Atlas Shrugged".