Lets see some Packer Pride

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers pink caps for Breast cancer went on sale and are available now. I just bought one for Mrs Calicheesehead. This is a good cause due to the fact that this disease knows no border, it can effect any woman, some men, and most on this board know of someone who had to go through this horrific ordeal. Sorry for the rant, but this is important.

Packers Team With American Family Insurance To Fight Breast Cancer

posted 07/07/2005

Breast Cancer Cap

BREAST CANCER CAP PROGRAM TO RAISE MONEY FOR THE CAUSE

The Green Bay Packers and American Family Insurance Thursday announced a joint effort to promote breast cancer awareness, raise funds to support those afflicted and sustain breast cancer research.

Through sales of the Packers Breast Cancer Cap, a pink baseball-styled cap featuring the Packers' 'G' on the front, with an American Family Insurance logo and breast cancer pink ribbon on the side, the Packers and American Family hope to raise more than $100,000 this season to be distributed to three state-wide breast cancer charities focusing on prevention, treatment and research.

"We're proud today to announce that we've joined forces with American Family Insurance in this endeavor against breast cancer," Packers President Bob Harlan said in making the announcement. "So many of us have been or will be touched by this disease, be it through a mother, sister, daughter, friend or ourselves. This is a great way to show Packers pride and support such a worthy cause."

More than 200,000 women each year are diagnosed with breast cancer, the most common cancer among women in the United States. In Wisconsin, breast cancer accounts for approximately 33 percent of all female cancer cases.

"American Family Insurance is delighted to team with the Green Bay Packers on this unique and appropriate effort to bolster the fight against breast cancer in Wisconsin," said Jack Salzwedel, American Family executive vice president. "The medical community has already made great progress in the areas of breast cancer prevention, treatment and research, and this is a wonderful opportunity for everyone in Wisconsin, not only Packers fans or American Family policyholders, to help build on those past successes and ultimately save even more lives."

Each sale of the cap, priced at $15, will result in a $5 donation going to charity. Caps now are available online at http://www.packersproshop.com, as well as at the Packers Pro Shop, Packers Pro Shop Extra Points and concession stands at training camp and on game days.

American Family Insurance agents also will be promoting the campaign through displays at their offices throughout Wisconsin and directing interested contributors to the Packers Pro Shop for purchases.

This season's program is the first of a three-year partnership between the Packers and American Family Insurance. Future campaigns also will be based on charitable initiatives that are close to the two organizations.

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
thanks for giving me this site. I just bought a hat for my girlfriend. However I also bought a flag, a checker set and a car magnet and am still pondering the Brett Favre Jax in the Box. I thought you said this would only cost $15 :wink:

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sure you gals can order these through the Packer Pro Shop. I also would imagine that Rybicki's cheese shop on the 3rd floor of the Mall of America will have them in due course.

carol k

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When we were on a cruise this past March with Bonita Favre, she said that Deanna is doing very well. I think I will have to call the Packer pro shop and order one of those caps. They do look very nice. :p :p :p

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
Pink Hats on PackersProShop.com are on BACKORDER for now...

You'll have to wait or find them elsewhere....

*sigh* just called, mine shipped out today :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts