Let's play survivor

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Pick your one rock solid, take it to the bank, Katy bar the door, bet the farm winner per week.
Pick each team once for the season.
Must play every week.
You're wrong or miss and you are outta here.
update A tie is a loss
Last player standing wins a collection of lovely imaginary prizes

I'll keep a running list of contestants in this post.

weeds - Packers, Chargers, Chiefs

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Mondio - Atlanta
MiamiBeachPacker - Saints
Firethorn1001 - Saints
906Fan - Saints
Zartan - Saints
captainWIMM - Saints
ARPackFan - Steelers
RRyder - Steelers
FaninColorado - Cleveland Browns
PikeBadger - Browns
XPack - Titans
Royal Pain - Chargers
Poppa San - Lions
Snoops - Detroit Lions
yooperpackfan - Lions
AKCheese - the Lions
gopkrs - Baltimore, Redskins
Reggie White Cheese - Skins, Texans
GreenBaySlacker - Packers, <no pick>
SUGAMAN44 - Minnesota, <no pick>
Jerellh528 - Packers, <no pick>
rmontro - Patriots, Cowboys, Jacksonville
Pokerbrat2000 - Patriots, Rams, Vikings
Dantés - Ravens, Broncos, Vikings
AmishMafia - Ravens, Bears, Tampa
gatorpack - Raven, Rams, <no pick>
MackemPacker - Ravens, Saints, <no pick>
Dieseljunkie12 - Ravens, Saints, Jacksonville
PackAttack12 - LA Rams, Saints, Minnesota

GEE, this didn't take long. Weeds, expect an email from a Nairobi prince on how to collect your winnings.

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all 3 of you have picked week 1 losers, congrats :)

I'm going big or going home. Atlanta beats the Foles led Eagles tonight.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all 3 of you have picked week 1 losers, congrats :)

I'm going big or going home. Atlanta beats the Foles led Eagles tonight.
I like it!!! But there is no way the jets beating the lions lol

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It’s week 1, there’s lots of parity & change in the Nfl year to year, the only team I keep track of though the offseason is the pack.

I’ll open with the Packers for lack of confidence to choose any other team in week 1.

Packers win vs the bears

Reggie White Cheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will go out on a limb and take the Skins for week one over the Cardinals at home.. Call me crazy (sometimes) take a team i probably would not all season right now....

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Agree and I don't see many chances to pick the Lions later this season. My theory is to always pick the loser lesser teams when you get the chance.

Well the Lions could start 8-0 and then they are no longer the "lesser" team ;) Not to give my strategy too much away, but do we really know who those teams are yet? As we saw last year, an injury can all of a sudden turn a Powerhouse into an Outhouse.

OP
OP
Poppa San

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Well the Lions could start 8-0 and then they are no longer the "lesser" team ;) Not to give my strategy too much away, but do we really know who those teams are yet? As we saw last year, an injury can all of a sudden turn a Powerhouse into an Outhouse.
Not really but I am fairly certain the Jets will be picking top 5 this next off season.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Not really but I am fairly certain the Jets will be picking top 5 this next off season.
Probably #2 behind the Packers first pick in the draft from the Saints. ;)

I normally only care about 3 winners but I have added a 4th this year, of course if there is playoff considerations, I may actually pull for one of these teams to win:
  1. Packers
  2. Whoever plays the Vikings
  3. Whoever plays the Bears
  4. Whoever plays the Saints...this is being moved up to #2 this year :)

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score

There are two schools of thought on survivor games.

Player A will take the surest bets they can find each week that are still available to them and hope that other players try to get cute and end up losing out before Player A exhausts his good options.

Player B will take the worst team he can find that he still feels good about winning each week so that the powerhouses are still available later in the season.

I think the first approach will get you farther on average, but the second will win the whole thing more often.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
There are two schools of thought on survivor games.

Player A will take the surest bets they can find each week that are still available to them and hope that other players try to get cute and end up losing out before Player A exhausts his good options.

Player B will take the worst team he can find that he still feels good about winning each week so that the powerhouses are still available later in the season.

I think the first approach will get you farther on average, but the second will win the whole thing more often.

Count me in for being Player C :cool:

My point was while we would like to assume that teams are the same teams that they were in 2017, we all know a new season is just that and the teams will realign themselves to some extent. Right now picking the Powerhouses VS the Doormats is mostly based on last year and how a team "should do" with their off season moves. But until we really see what level a team is now at, the first few weeks are a crap shoot. I only know this from playing the Parlay Cards....I tried to always avoid the temptation of playing in weeks 1-2.

Last edited:

Latest posts