LeRoy Butler talks labor deal, future Packers Championships!

Commander Blop

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Check this out! Butler is truly a class act. He talks about his cancer foundation and makes a bold prediction for the Packers in the next five years... HOW MANY CHAMPIONSHIPS???

Since I can't post a link because I do not have 5 posts, it's on centralwisconsinsports.net today.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's the link:
The CWS interview with Leroy Butler | CentralWisconsinSports.net

Marshfield– On a sun-drenched Monday morning at River Edge Golf Course in Marshfield, LeRoy Butler, along with Packers greats William Henderson, George Koonce and Jerry Kramer, showed up for a golf outing to raise money for breast cancer survivors. The LeRoy Butler Foundation’s mission is to help women going through breast cancer treatment obtain the assistance they need to focus on the job of healing. CentralWisconsinSports.net spoke with Super Bowl champion LeRoy Butler about his foundation, the NFL labor dispute and how he feels about the Packers repeating as world champions in the 2011 campaign.
CentralWisconsinSports.net: How long have you been involved in raising money for breast cancer through your foundation?
LeRoy Butler: Well, we’ve been doing it for about five or six years now. Sometimes we forget how many years we’ve done it. But we’re doing it… not really for the publicity; we do it because it’s needed. There are a lot of women out there who need help, and we just try to be there for them. And I think that’s the good thing about it. You know, I think when people send money to research and you don’t see a cure, they’re not sure if they’re interested in giving. So we give it to the women so they can see their money is going to a good cause.

And, BTW, welcome to the forum! Post more often and you'll be able to use it to full extent!

LAG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Butler is THE man. I remember well how Coach Shurmur utilized him in the D back in 1995-6, a role similar to how Woodson played this past season, under Capers. Old number 36 played with a lot of heart. One of the Packers all time best safeties.

Members online

Latest posts