Left Tackle: Who will protect the blind side ?

• Thread starter I_am_smoked_cheddar
  • Start date

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO the Packers will keep Newhouse at LT. He's not the best but he's good. He'll beef up a little & learn a few things in camp(which starts Thurs)which should help

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
A lot of people are saying Newhouse. I think this year and especially next year we will be seeing a "changing of the guard." These young guys are going to be taking over and coming into their own. Or at least we hope so!

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
A lot of people are saying Newhouse. I think this year and especially next year we will be seeing a "changing of the guard." These young guys are going to be taking over and coming into their own. Or at least we hope so!
Lol Guard is one position we can be sure won't change

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
A changing of the guard or a changing of the tackle Kitten? No question a changing of the center is due.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They didn't say, but I'd assume his leg, considering that was his big injury. For all I know it's high cholesterol

Mike McCarthy mentioned that Sherrod had a "setback" in his rehab this Spring, which probably means that he aggravated something. McCarthy also said that it wasn't serious and that Sherro'd rehab was back on track and he should be good to go fairly soon. Take that for what you will.

Bagadeez04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For all those saying there's no way they move Bulaga to LT, I disagree.

If Newhouse is used and abused early on (which is entirely possible), they really have no other option aside from moving Bulaga over. Sherrod is not going to be ready to start anytime soon with the severity of that injury. Datko looks like an intriguing prospect, but a 7th rounder staring at LT his rookie season after sitting out most of last year in college? No freaking way.

I could easily envision Bulaga starting at LT at some point this year...not because the coaches want him to, but because they have no other choice.

OP
OP
I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
SO, what do you have say now!

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts