Lazard Situation...

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aside from maybe Lazard he’s one of our best blocking Wideouts. While I understand the sentiment might be a compliment because he’s “too important” to the Offense in the receiving capacity? I highly doubt they would tell Christian to not be involved blocking when on the field.

Watch him sometime when you can and you’ll see him run his guy off the field he’s that important to our success, even when he doesn’t get the ball.
Maybe if Watson gets to Big Dog's age he can become a blocker.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did you not watch the Lions game?
I believe the defense as a whole needs some leadership and discipline. Quay was not the only one to pull some bone headed behavioral mistakes this season. Think back to that ridiculous lateral a few weeks ago. And the late hits this year. It is unfortunate that we do not have a Charles Woodson to get these guys to think football first. Talent alone does not get it done.

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dudes obviously not too bright...you cant be doing dumb sht like that

I know he shouldn't have. I want to know if you meant like a Kyler Murray situation where things are inserted in his contract. I think that is too much.

Did you not watch the Lions game?

I did. He is very sensitive. Not a good look. However, maybe his attitude on the field stays on the field. Can't act that period, but I think its just emotions of the game. He's young and will learn how to be a professional.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know he shouldn't have. I want to know if you meant like a Kyler Murray situation where things are inserted in his contract. I think that too much.

Oh no, none of that, I personally mean somebody needs to explain to him how dumb he is.

Granted I will say this, I don't believe the oppossing teams medical staff should be touching anyone on the other team. He could have used his words and said excuse me or simply walked around 5 feet to the other side of the player.

That was another Georgia player on the ground and Im sure they knew each other. You notice Wyatt stepped to that dude right after 7 pushed him. I ll also say this properly directed that actually is something the Packers have been missing for a long time. Guys who just aren't nice people on the field. Johnny Jolly was the last one

Any agent who allows that kind of language in a contract isn't worth his salt...you gotta be kidding me with that stuff. I would of got up immediately and said looks like Kyler will be starting for the Seahawks in 2022

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What do you mean by straighten out Quay Walker?
He was ejected from two games in this last season, one in am must-win game for the playoffs. That's a failure on his part, and a failure of coaching. I understand that these guys are rookies, but this isn't high school anymore. Lack of maturity is not an excuse.

He's a very good LB and he may end ups an All Pro. He has apologized and I think this is the last we'll see of it.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I believe the defense as a whole needs some leadership and discipline. Quay was not the only one to pull some bone headed behavioral mistakes this season. Think back to that ridiculous lateral a few weeks ago. And the late hits this year. It is unfortunate that we do not have a Charles Woodson to get these guys to think football first. Talent alone does not get it done.
Ultimately it is on the player himself to not make mistakes, but when they start happening more frequently and involve poor discipline, some of that is a reflection of the coaching. MLF even said that after the Lions game. If memory serves me correct, the majority of the personal fouls and unsportsmanlike conduct penalties this past season were on the defense. I have to wonder if MLF is holding Barry accountable for any of it?

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh no, none of that, I personally mean somebody needs to explain to him how dumb he is.

Granted I will say this, I don't believe the oppossing teams medical staff should be touching anyone on the other team. He could have used his words and said excuse me or simply walked around 5 feet to the other side of the player.

Thank you for the clarification. I agree with your stance.

Quay made a stupid, boneheaded move at a pivotal point in a pivotal game.

He's played in the ultimate game at the collegiate level, and I think in some instances he may believe he's afforded the same leeway from his coaches and teammates. He thought wrong. That was the reason why I think he had a meltdown in the tunnel following ejection. He KNEW he messed up!!!

As far as recognizing an old teammate on the other team. Forget that. This is the NFL and until the game is over, the opposition is the opposition regardless of personal relationships.

With that mindset, I think situations that can be misconstrued, shouldn't be. Keep playing, check on your friend after the game, unless the circumstances are extraordinary (a la Damar Hamlin collapse).

The Lions' medical staff guy shouldn't have touched Quay, but it's always the person caught last that get penalized. In Football lingo, that guy is a civilian and Quay should've known that.

I ll also say this properly directed that actually is something the Packers have been missing for a long time. Guys who just aren't nice people on the field. Johnny Jolly was the last one

Jolly was a roughrider for sure!!!

I do like the element the young guys are bringing to the team, especially the defensive players. It is a component that when used properly can create momentum for the team.

Much like Magneto in X-Men First Class, Quay and some other Packers need to find that balance between rage and serenity.

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was ejected from two games in this last season, one in am must-win game for the playoffs. That's a failure on his part, and a failure of coaching. I understand that these guys are rookies, but this isn't high school anymore. Lack of maturity is not an excuse.

He's a very good LB and he may end ups an All Pro. He has apologized and I think this is the last we'll see of it.

I think so too. Quay strikes me as someone that will be harder on himself than anyone else will. He's young, he'll learn, and he'll mature. Can't say the Pack don't have studs at LB anymore.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As far as recognizing an old teammate on the other team. Forget that. This is the NFL and until the game is over, the opposition is the opposition regardless of personal relationships.

With that mindset, I think situations that can be misconstrued, shouldn't be. Keep playing, check on your friend after the game, unless the circumstances are extraordinary (a la Damar Hamlin collapse).

So here's the thing that fans often forget or just simply don't care to acknowledge. While football is a kids game, these big kids do this for a living. This is simply their job, its not an escape from reality like it is for fans.

And like any of the rest of us going to work, you don't let your job become more important than family/friend relationships. Because once you do that it's all over for you. Your wife will hate you, your kids will resent you, your friends will stop inviting you

If your friend goes down with a cramp, yeah talk to him after the game maybe even make fun of him in the moment on the field. But on that play the friend took a brutal hit to the head neck area. It could have been a serious injury life changing injury. In that moment your job absolutely does not matter. Youre just thinking about your friend if you have a righteous soul

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If your friend goes down with a cramp, yeah talk to him after the game maybe even make fun of him in the moment on the field. But on that play the friend took a brutal hit to the head neck area. It could have been a serious injury life changing injury. In that moment your job absolutely does not matter. Youre just thinking about your friend if you have a righteous soul

You're right.

It is just a game.

I didn't know the extent of the injuries.

No arguments here.

At that point the game falls back.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I’ve often considered that as Lazard got older (or lost a half step) he might do well as a TE option.
He’s the size of a TE (albeit 20lb light). He can play Marcedes role
I think the Packers way underutilized Big Dogs role in the passing game. I realize, his biggest strength is blocking, but come on 7 targets, 6 catches all year for 66 yds and 2 TD's? Seems like (probably wasn't) that on all his catches he was wide open. Which tells me that the defense isn't playing him to roll off the line and be a receiver. Packers should have taken advantage of that more often.

Reaction score
I think the Packers way underutilized Big Dogs role in the passing game. I realize, his biggest strength is blocking, but come on 7 targets, 6 catches all year for 66 yds and 2 TD's? Seems like (probably wasn't) that on all his catches he was wide open. Which tells me that the defense isn't playing him to roll off the line and be a receiver. Packers should have taken advantage of that more often.
I’ve been saying this for years.

I’m not Expecting 500 yards. But he should be in that 200-300 yards 3-4 TD area.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If they did it more often then wouldn't the other teams play him to roll off the line and be a receiver?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
If they did it more often then wouldn't the other teams play him to roll off the line and be a receiver?
While that crossed my mind, 7 targets isn't enough. Even if they added a target per game, I doubt defenses pay much more attention to him. I get your point though, if you go to the well too many times on what teams don't expect, they begin to expect it.

Reaction score
While that crossed my mind, 7 targets isn't enough. Even if they added a target per game, I doubt defenses pay much more attention to him. I get your point though, if you go to the well too many times on what teams don't expect, they begin to expect it.
Save it for late in the season. Such as the Lions game or a playoff contest if it works! ;)

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’ve often considered that as Lazard got older (or lost a half step) he might do well as a TE option.
He’s the size of a TE (albeit 20lb light). He can play Marcedes role

If he could bulk up he could be a sneaky mismatch at the TE position.

D

Deleted member 6794

So here's the thing that fans often forget or just simply don't care to acknowledge. While football is a kids game, these big kids do this for a living. This is simply their job, its not an escape from reality like it is for fans.

And like any of the rest of us going to work, you don't let your job become more important than family/friend relationships. Because once you do that it's all over for you. Your wife will hate you, your kids will resent you, your friends will stop inviting you

I'm sorry, but Quay made a stupid mistake pushing the Lions athletic trainer, significantly contributing to the loss to the Lions. He needs to be held accountable for it.

Reaction score
I'm sorry, but Quay made a stupid mistake pushing the Lions athletic trainer, significantly contributing to the loss to the Lions. He needs to be held accountable for it.
yes. On a first Offense I’m much more lenient. What I’m concerned about is it’s 2 in-game penalties that led to 2 Quay ejections and both involved employees in street clothes that were both just trying to help.

It’s really inexcusable that 2nd Go around as he’d been warned. We don’t need N. Suh type behavior on our team.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yes. On a first Offense I’m much more lenient. What I’m concerned about is it’s 2 in-game penalties that led to 2 Quay ejections and both involved employees in street clothes that were both just trying to help.

It’s really inexcusable that 2nd Go around as he’d been warned. We don’t need N. Suh type behavior on our team.
A friend, who knows his college history said there were problems with Walker that go back to beyond his days in Green Bay. Apparently he has some "flaws" in how he processes things in his mind. Maybe it's even anger management issues?

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Was he not held accountable for it by turning a 48 yard fg into a 33 yarder as well as being ejected from the game? Like I said before Walker is a fckn idiot for doing that...not debating that

I still stand by the fact that the opposing team's staff should never for any reason put their hands on an opposing player. Unless they are helping their medical counter parts. In say a Damar Hamlin situation.

I also stand by the fact that playing in the NFL is just these guys job. And that fans shouldnt expect it to be the most important thing in a guys life. They're just trading their time for money like the rest of us...so that they can do things they enjoy with family and friends when theyre not at work

Members online

Latest posts