Lazard injury

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Curtis Samuel is a guy that I'd target if we're thinking of a trade. I'm sure Gute has already tested those waters. Is redundant in that offense, and that team is going nowhere without a stud qb and CMC out. Plus we'd kinda be buying low.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
The way that Lazard was used in condensed formation is basically indistinguishable from how tight ends are used when they detach from the line. The most likely direction for his targets will be Big Bob and Stern.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Couple of options .

Sammy Watkins for a 3 or 4

AJ Green 2, 3 or 4 or my #1 pick TY Hilton for a 2. Whatever the case the Packers cannot sit on their hands this time. With Lazard out, and Adams getting injured the last two seasons...they may need to make a move to bring in a proven guy. We cannot depend on MVS and a bunch of no name games. Idc how good Rodgers is. He’s going to need some help.

With Adams back they may.... Just may..... Run the same type of offense they ran against NO and the majority of the previous 2 games and utilize two WR looks with heavy usage from their 4 TEs being moved around the formation.

Like I said though. "May"

OP
OP
P

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My understanding is ESB would be eligible to return for the Tampa game

OP
OP
P

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, we've all said that the defense is going to have to step up at some point. Starting now would be a good time.
They're going to have to get a veteran through trade or whatever, and with the bye coming up, this would be a good time since they'd have time to acclimate before the Tampa game . But if they seriously think they're going to move forward with a bunch of guys who have a combined one catch and no experience, then they shouldn't be surprised when this offenses production drops drastically. Good defenses coming up; Tampa after the bye, and the 49ers on a short week a week and a half later.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We are going to miss his blocking to this sucks. I'd like to see Foster get a chance I think he has good potential.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Couple of options .

Sammy Watkins for a 3 or 4

AJ Green 2, 3 or 4 or my #1 pick TY Hilton for a 2. Whatever the case the Packers cannot sit on their hands this time. With Lazard out, and Adams getting injured the last two seasons...they may need to make a move to bring in a proven guy. We cannot depend on MVS and a bunch of no name games. Idc how good Rodgers is. He’s going to need some help.
Interesting but I feel like it's a knee jerking reaction. I slept on it and I'm looking at our schedule, let's assume he's out for 8 weeks at the very least.

We have Atlanta this week, a bye, Tampa Bay, Houston, Minnesota, San Fran, Jacksonville, and Indy, I'll throw in Chicago for good measure.

Those games are very much winnable without Lazard, and I'm more than certain Adams will be in the lineup this week from what it sounds like. If Adams was on IR then I could see your point in regards to doing a potential trade. Keep in mind we still have Brown who will be coming off IR as well, and a lot of people here have a lot of faith in him. So let's see where we are before we do something so drastic.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
These are the teams that would be at least trending towards being willing to sell at the trade deadline:
  • Jets
  • Dolphins
  • Broncos
  • Chargers
  • Bengals
  • Texans
  • Jaguars
  • Eagles
  • Giants
  • Washington
  • Falcons
  • Panthers
On those rosters, the following would be possible trade candidates at WR:
  • Jamison Crowder (NYJ)
  • Mike Williams (LAC)
  • A.J. Green (CIN)
  • Kenny Stills (HOU)
  • Keelan Cole (JAC)
  • Chris Conley (JAC)
  • Golden Tate (NYG)
  • Russell Gage (ATL)
  • Curtis Samuel (CAR)
Looking at those names, I'm not terribly excited. Curtis Samuel would probably be at the top of my list just to see if we could buy low on a guy who has the potential to bring a different facet to the offense.

Here's an outside of the box idea. Seeing as how Lazard's usage in the offense was basically indistinguishable from an "F" tight end, they could look to that position for potential help. In that case, Evan Engram would be a very intriguing target. He'd cost more to acquire, but they could afford him in terms of the cap. And they'd be buying low.

Chris Herndon (NYJ) is another name in that same vein who has a lower profile.

Fredrik87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The guy that intrigues me the most as a trade target is Andy Isabella the guy has been good when on the field in Arizona but he's way down on their depth chart and he's still on his rookie deal IF the Cardinals would be willing to part with him I'd love to see us get him.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
The most likely thing to happen here is that they pluck Kumerow back from the Bills’ practice squad.

Last edited:

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
How large is Crowders cap hit if it's low I'd love to have him

He has a 10M cap hit this year and an 11.5M cap hit next year that they would be able to get out of.

Crowder is good, but he's fragile and I'm not convinced that he's the type of receiver that Petals would want. The design is to run offense that is unpredictable between run or pass, and equally effective either way. That's why Lazard suited the system. He was blocking his butt off. Crowder is a pure slot, and they've been using Adams there to great effect.

This is why Kumerow makes the most sense. He knows the offense and he can do the dirty work.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't expect anyone to be brought in yet. No one from outside will help Monday night. Maybe Kumerow but that's about it. J.J. Arcega-Whiteside from the Eagles is intriguing for maybe a Josh Jackson level trade but I see now he's gimpy and the Eagles are light on receivers ATM. I think Gute will ride this next game out and plan on the injured players returning to bolster the receiving corps.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
While I am not happy that Lazard went down, for what looks like at least a month and possibly the rest of the season, this actually might force Gute to go out and bring in a veteran via Free agency or a trade. If the Packers were 0-3, I wouldn't really care. However, they are 3-0 and have looked good getting there. All this talk of "oh Adams could be back, we will be fine" is exactly the wrong way to approach this. Even if Adams is back, for how long? I do not see any WR on this team now, besides Adams that will scare a defense. MVS? Big deal, he is a one trick pony with speed to go long. Adams is one hell of a WR, but the offense is going to need more than him.

It was bad enough that Gute did nothing in the draft to address the need at WR and then nothing after Funchess opts out, but if he sits on his hands here, I'm going to be absolutely perplexed.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow. I had read he was going to be out 4 to six weeks. Still have not seen all season. But yeah, then it could be a lot more of a problem. We will have to see how we do w/o him first before getting someone else imho. Although Kumerow makes sense. It is going to be very interesting Monday.

OP
OP
P

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ian Rappaport reports that he's heard Lazard will be out"at least one month".

jon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can we really depend on Sheppard? After how he looked when he got his opportunity.

FWIW, Rodgers was talking him up yesterday. Possibly honest, possibly just encouraging him.

In any case, Sternberger and Deguara have got to start contributing. Tonyan is OK but he only looks good because GB fans have forgotten what an NFL tight end looks like.

The fans who wanted a Wr went from looking like they didn’t know what they were talking about.. to being absolutely correct in wanting to take a wr , instead of Love.

And speaking of the draft, it's not just a #1 who's not contributing. #2 can't get on the field, and he was supposed to be an important addition.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
FWIW, Rodgers was talking him up yesterday. Possibly honest, possibly just encouraging him.

In any case, Sternberger and Deguara have got to start contributing. Tonyan is OK but he only looks good because GB fans have forgotten what an NFL tight end looks like.

And speaking of the draft, it's not just a #1 who's not contributing. #2 can't get on the field, and he was supposed to be an important addition.

Has Deguara not contributed when he's played? Seems to me he has.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts