Lazard injury

Fredrik87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Has Deguara not contributed when he's played? Seems to me he has.

He looked good but only played 24 snaps total so far this year he hasn't been on the field yet he is the best of our first 3 picks so far. Lets face it as it stands our 1st and 2nd round picks were bad decisions no GM bats 1000 so it's not a surprise just hope we get someone else from outside or on the team to make up for Lazards loss.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He looked good but only played 24 snaps total so far this year he hasn't been on the field yet he is the best of our first 3 picks so far. Lets face it as it stands our 1st and 2nd round picks were bad decisions no GM bats 1000 so it's not a surprise just hope we get someone else from outside or on the team to make up for Lazards loss.

They've played 3 games.

With very great exception, nobody should be saying that the draft was good or bad at this point.

For 3 years, the Rodgers pick looked terrible. For a year the Favre pick by the Falcons looked terrible. Give it some time.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure, but it wouldn’t be a bad ideal to bring Kumerow back. Knows the offense and Rodgers has trust in him.

I was thinking the same thing, or possibly GMo if the Lions had released him. At least it doesn't really look like they been using him.

I would normally be against bringing old retreads back, but I just think there is a limit to how much next man up will work, and practice roster guys usually are relegated to there for a reason.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
gmo is sitting out for Covid, he's not available for anyone, and he's still under contract with Lions. Doesn't matter if they move him or not at this point. Kumerow topped out, nice story, can make a play here or there, but lots of guys can do that. i'd rather keep looking.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
gmo is sitting out for Covid, he's not available for anyone, and he's still under contract with Lions. Doesn't matter if they move him or not at this point. Kumerow topped out, nice story, can make a play here or there, but lots of guys can do that. i'd rather keep looking.

What I would like about Kumerow is that he has the size/strength/toughness to do a lot of the dirty work that Lazard was doing for us. That stuff really helps the offense operate.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Crowder now pull the trigger gute

I like the player but not the idea.

Trading for Crowder, assuming they could fit him under the cap, would mean committing to a lot more 11 personnel. They would have to change the emphasis of the offense. I wouldn’t want to mess with this system right now with how well it’s working.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Again with the false narrative.
The only guy that could come in and have any semblance of immediate impact is Jake Kumerow imo. Even Cobb would have to learn the new offense and terminology.

906Fan

Former Dancer
Reaction score
Washington is probably going to rebuild again, I'd give a 1st and 3rd for Terry McClaurin without hesitation if they were willing to deal young talent.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only guy that could come in and have any semblance of immediate impact is Jake Kumerow imo. Even Cobb would have to learn the new offense and terminology.

Aaron Rodgers has trusted players like Kumerow, Lazard, Darius Shepherd, and even MVS.

I don't think talent is the issue here.

Honestly, who hasn't he trusted? Jeff Janis? Cause that guy didn't know where to be on the field! C'mon.

King of Jeans

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think our hands are tied. We gotta ride the storm. And hopefully make an addition or two in the next draft.

D

Deleted member 6794

Washington is probably going to rebuild again, I'd give a 1st and 3rd for Terry McClaurin without hesitation if they were willing to deal young talent.

First of all trading a first and a third round pick for McLaurin would be too much compensation to acquire him.

In addition a rebuilding team is interested in getting rid of veterans but not upcoming young talent.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly, if we see a trade I think we have to expect it to be a younger WR that either hasn't panned out on their current roster or their current team simply has become too loaded/crowded at the position they play.

It will most likely be a low level Day 3 (most likely 6th or later) draft pick similar to how we moved Trevor Davis.

While we'd never hear about it, the guy is most likely someone Gute and Co. graded high in 2018 or 2019 draft and just didn't draft him....

Otherwise it will be a veteran signed like Gabriel or Kumerow will be back in GB...those are really the only 3 ways I feel we add a WR from outside.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Honestly, if we see a trade I think we have to expect it to be a younger WR that either hasn't panned out on their current roster or their current team simply has become too loaded/crowded at the position they play.

It will most likely be a low level Day 3 (most likely 6th or later) draft pick similar to how we moved Trevor Davis.

While we'd never hear about it, the guy is most likely someone Gute and Co. graded high in 2018 or 2019 draft and just didn't draft him....

Otherwise it will be a veteran signed like Gabriel or Kumerow will be back in GB...those are really the only 3 ways I feel we add a WR from outside.
I think it would be most likely Kumerow or a guy that is currently on someone’s practice squad that the scouts liked in the last two drafts. There were 4-5 teams that had 5 WR’s on their practice squad at the beginning of the season so there is still some talent out there to pick from. I still think the most likely scenario is standing pat unless we incur more injuries tonite.
When does St. Brown come back? Haven’t heard anything about him.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it would be most likely Kumerow or a guy that is currently on someone’s practice squad that the scouts liked in the last two drafts. There were 4-5 teams that had 5 WR’s on their practice squad at the beginning of the season so there is still some talent out there to pick from. I still think the most likely scenario is standing pat unless we incur more injuries tonite.

Believe ESB timeline is at or around the Bye week...someone correct or hone that down more please if able.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Believe ESB timeline is at or around the Bye week...someone correct or hone that down more please if able.
That’s sooner than I expected. He and Shepherd I’d guess are next man up I’d guess with Taylor in the wings.

D

Deleted member 6794

EQ could be activated from injured reserve after the bye week. We'll see if he's healthy enough for the team to make the move.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
EQ could be activated from injured reserve after the bye week. We'll see if he's healthy enough for the team to make the move.
My guess is he’d need a week to 10 days to get in decent playing shape unless he’s already been cleared for running and light work for a while. Not sure if he’d be activated right away.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts