Last nights game

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Granted it was vs second and third stringers but our old Carl Ford looked good as did CHI's Bradley. I would love to have Ford back at GB.

Steel Wheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
calicheesehead said:
Granted it was vs second and third stringers but our old Carl Ford looked good as did CHI's Bradley. I would love to have Ford back at GB.

Why? Ford had his shot in Green Bay and didn't pan out.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CaliforniaCheez said:
Ford did okay but he is not good enough to be a Packer. It isn't as difficult to be a Bear.

Cali.... Think about what you have just put in print.

He did OK? He did OK? He did OK?

My God son.... He made an NFL TEAM. That is way beyond OK?

Look at it not like he failed to stick with the Pack, but look at him, as he was the best of the best of 1,800 players who even may have had a shot of making the Pack roster.

Now he had a Great Game for the Bears, and he did play great. I look at it as well done young man... Good for you! Way to go!

I personally have more respect for an individual who was invited to a NFL camp than I do for any non invited person/fan who will put them down and say "it is not difficult to be a Bear."

It is difficult to be a Bear, it is difficult to be a Packer, it is difficult to be a Raider, it is difficult to make a roster in the CFL. It is difficult to make a roster in NFL Europe.

Just my opinion...

RP

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
CaliforniaCheez said:
Ford did okay but he is not good enough to be a Packer. It isn't as difficult to be a Bear.

I dissagree. I played football in High School and played against Kenna Turner (who later played with the 49'ers) and it was like a grown man playing against teenage boys. I know that the worst player on the worst NFL team is light years ahead of you or I as far as football skills and it is not easy to make any NFL roster.
By the way, do the Packers have more than one or two players on defense that could start for the Bears?
Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila and Nick Barnett maybe and Barnett is not a lock.
I believe that it is the Packers who have a history of picking up players who were let go by the Bears (Jim McMahon, Mike Tomzak, Jim Flanigan, and Steve McMicheal) Not trying to start anything, just a fact.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Phil, Orton looked better than I ever thought he would and he has already accomplished more than I ever thought he would. As you can tell I was not very high on him. I'll keep watching to see how he does. Kudos to the Bears, so far.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerTraxx said:
Phil, Orton looked better than I ever thought he would and he has already accomplished more than I ever thought he would. As you can tell I was not very high on him. I'll keep watching to see how he does. Kudos to the Bears, so far.

He did look good. You guys have no ideal how refreshing it is for us to have two young QB's that have talent fighting for the job and not trying to pick the guy who sucks less than the other two. I have seen that show for a long long time.

Miskito

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
PackerTraxx said:

He did look good. You guys have no ideal how refreshing it is for us to have two young QB's that have talent fighting for the job and not trying to pick the guy who sucks less than the other two. I have seen that show for a long long time.

What really impressed me was him jumping back after his interception and going the distance. I know he was against the third string D, but man, that kid can throw lasers!

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Miskito said:
Philtration said:
PackerTraxx said:

What really impressed me was him jumping back after his interception and going the distance. I know he was against the third string D, but man, that kid can throw lasers!

I think that Orton will be a big time player in the NFL. It may be with the Bears or he may some day sign with another team but it nice to have him now and it only cost a 4th round pick. A lot of teams will kick themselves in the *** for that.

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i always liked ford. i kept waiting for him to be healthy as i thought he had a lot of potential, well i still do.

Members online

Latest posts