lance Schulters released

stump5454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:wink: I know there has been talk about signing Lance if he were released. He can play some ball. I know we have a bunch of safties,but if we can upgrade at the right price.

Titans release safety SchultersAssociated Press
National Football League News Wire

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- The Tennessee Titans released safety Lance Schulters on Thursday shortly after failing to reach agreement on a new salary cap-friendly deal.

The Titans, who cut six high-priced veterans in February, had been expected to release the seven-year veteran in their attempt to rebuild and free up enough salary cap space to build up other weak areas this season.

Schulters, paid a roster bonus in March, was scheduled to earn $2.75 million in salary this season. Team officials and agent Brian Levy made one last attempt at finding a price both could agree earlier this week.

"We floated some ideas back and forth," Levy said. "I don't think either of us felt comfortable with the other's ideas. So we just felt it would be best at this time we parted ways amicably. We've accomplished that."

Schulters revived the Tennessee defense when signed as a free agent in 2002 after beginning his career in San Francisco. He didn't miss a start until injuring his left foot in the third game last year and missed the rest of the season.

Schulters has 5

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
from the way the article was worded, it seems like the packers can't afford to pass on the guy :wall: <--- OK, that emoticon has nothing to do with anything, but I just found it and thought it was hilarious... anywho...

yeah, I'm not sold on the group we have back there now...maybe servicable right now, but add a "savy veteran," and I'd feel a lot better...that is, if the price is right.

swartzcatz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Pack HAS to upgrade if they want to make it to the big dance, and he would be a good fit with his former coach doin our "D".

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers should take a hard look at Schulters but they are talking awfully high about Nick Collins right now. Keep the fingers crossed and hope something works out because it's pretty scary, that's fer sure!

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The hardest part about all of it - is with most of the Defense being primarily untested as yet - no one reallly knows, therefore judgement calls can't be proven - good or bad! This guy was out almost all year with a bad foot injury... I would only sign him if he can prove that his foot is back 100% - and if you've met anyone who has broken some bones in their feet - then you'd know how painful that can be, and how long it takes to correctly heal - depending on the fact that you have a competent Doctor, as well - can anyone say for sure that he has fully & correctly healed? Anyone? Then he's of the same caliber that our Defense is considerd to be.... "at this time" ....correct? I would think so! Why add fuel to a fire of doubt you all seem to have?

It won't be long now!

Favreforever721

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am with you pax, but one idea a got from another Pack fan is that we move Lance to CB and see how he does. If he isnt any good at CB, we move him back to safety. It would'nt hurt.

Members online

Latest posts