1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Lamichael James

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by FiercePierce6, Apr 26, 2012.

1. FiercePierce6

FiercePierce6 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    While running back isn't an immediate need. I think James could be pretty lethal if we used him right. He wouldn't be an every down back, obviously. But I really think he could be a Darren Sproles type player that could make an immediate impact. Especially on 3rd down.

I don't know how long he'll stay on the board. My guess is he'll go 2nd round. Do we take a flyer?

2. Frankie Bag of Donuts

Frankie Bag of Donuts Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I'd rather wait until Day 3 and get Chris Rainey. Same talent, better value.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    Not even remotely big enough for that, he WILL get hurt. Quite frankly I expect him to be moved to reciever. He's essentially a smaller, faster Alex Green. Being as how we already have Green, we don't need James. Besides, from what I hear, Cobb will already be running check down

4. Southpaw

Southpaw Endorphin Junkie

Ratings:
    +422
    There are other guys I like better in these next two rounds. But if we got him today, I wouldn't be disappointed

5. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    No thanks. Late round RB please

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. slaughter25

slaughter25 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +211
    I dont agree with moving just to target him. But if he is still around at one of our later round picks (which I doubt) I guess go for it. I dont know if he is a huge upgrade from Alex Green although Green is very much unproven to us at this point.

7. packerstl101

packerstl101 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +31
    I kind of see the Rams drafting James. They have 3 of the first 13 picks in round 2

8. Southpaw

Ratings:
    +422
    They are two totally different backs. LaMichael James is a big play waiting to happen. He's a playmaker. Put in the right situation and used properly like Darren Sproles, he's a lethal weapon.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mozhino

Mozhino Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I'd prefer Michael Smith out of Utah State, understudy to Robert Turbin, he rushed for 870 yards a 7.6 average, he is 5ft 8, weighs 200 odd pounds, and runs the 40 in 4.33 and voted MVP in the College Football All star Game.

10. Southpaw

Ratings:
    +422
    I had Robert Turbin in my mock draft. I like him a lot but it's a reach to take him any earlier than 4. James is an exceptional talent. If we get him it makes our offense much more dangerous

11. 2411t

2411t Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +120
    No way LMJ lasts after the 2nd round. No way we trade up for him. There are still DLinemen to be had, and I don't expect us to go RB at all until 3rd, if that. Polk should still be on the board then.

12. Southpaw

Ratings:
    +422
    I know. I can dream though. I think in the 3rd Turbin will be there, Polk, Rainey and maybe even Lamar Miller who's been falling a lot. If we want to grab a RB

13. The Real Pack Attack

The Real Pack Attack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +31
    Packers need to focus on defense today yet. DL & Safety hopefully today.

LMJ is not the kind of back the Packers like. They tend to go after the bigger backs. I can see them picking a RB with one of their 4 7th rounds picks.

14. jaybadger82

jaybadger82 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +417
    I wouldn't feel good about taking him if he was there when our turn came up in the second.

We have more pressing needs: Saine and Starks are serviceable and Green hasn't been disproven yet...

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. slaughter25

slaughter25 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +211
    My point is they would be trying to fill the same spot on the team. A 3rd down back that is adept at taking passes out of the backfield. We just drafted two guys (Green and possibly Cobb) that can fill that role. Why would we go after a 3rd guy to do it with other positions that need more depth. A Rb will be drafted in this draft thats for sure. But round 2 will not be the time.

16. Southpaw

Ratings:
    +422
    In that case I get what you're saying.

17. slaughter25

slaughter25 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +211
    Yeah I agree. I want too see what that kid can do yet. I mean if for some strange reason James fell into our spot in the 3rd then it would be a very good value pick.

18. jaybadger82

jaybadger82 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +417
    Definitely a more intriguing value in the third.

19. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    James is a completely different back from Sproles, James is one big INJURY waiting to happen. At 6'2 you can spot him real easy, and he's a twig. I also don't think he's shifty enough to avoid that big hit like Sproles is.

Blame it on location, but i like Pierce

20. Pat4DaPack

Pat4DaPack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +180
    Thats what ive been saying, I hope we land him.

21. 2411t

2411t Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +120
    I don't expect very many 7th round RB's, if any, to survive our roster with Saine, Starks, and Green. Those picks hopefully will be used to move up today and tomorrow.

22. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,230
    He sure made the Badgers look stupid in the Rose Bowl... what an irritating little turd he was. :whistling:

23. KNIGHTTIME

KNIGHTTIME Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    TT could have had him. Remember Knight's Theory. Offense is always second.

24. TeamTundra

TeamTundra Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +240
    LaMichael James would have been a liability in pass blocking. Although he has great speed, I see him
    getting run over if he tries to block larger LBs.

25. 2411t

2411t Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +120
    Who does this thread even exist anymore?