1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Ladies and gentleman, welcome the to the main event!!

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Rodgersfan1985again, Sep 28, 2009.

1. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,979
    It wasnt cold it was snowy 31 degrees is nothing..

So dont say it was cold on that night

2. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,065
    Wow. Good post. Agreed 100%. ...and I particularly agree with your last paragraph. I've been telling people that the Packers "ace in the hole" is Childress.

3. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,979
    Pitt thought same, you know the defending SB champs

Lot of people might look back and think damn that Bengal team was pretty damn good

4. doughsellz

doughsellz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Right now MN is NOT a playoff contender. Anyone who saw them slip by the spirited 49'ers team on Sunday knows this is true. They were inconsistent on both sides of the ball. Shaun Hill was picking them apart & TE Vernon Davis had his best game as a pro. Hill was only sacked once.

Their run defense is still top-notch though. Mike Singeltary never gave up on the run as evidenced by the 25 carries given to Gore's injury replacement Glen Coffee. He had a 13-yard gain on one carry but the other 24 carries resluted in 41 yards, an abysmal 1.7 yards per carry.

Conversely A.D. (as in All Day, his true nickname, not A.P.) will punish tacklers all day with his bruising style of running, reminiscent of Ahman Green circa 2003. That may be the un-doing of the Packers in this game. 148 yards on the ground to STL doesn't instill any confidence in me that A.D. will find it tough at all against GB's D. If that happens then #4 will be a non-factor, only called upon to make an occasional 3rd down toss or a few screens.

I'm holding out hope that GB pulls it all together & brings home the W. Make no mistake they want to take it to #4. I was at the morning practice the day #4 signed with the Vikings & several players & coaches were wearing purple #4's. They are most assuredly out to prove they made the right choice, just as #4 wants to prove them wrong.

5. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,979
    Gary Ellerson on wssp sports radio in Milwaukee said that during the Bengal ( was alumni game) he was on sideline and talking to some of the guys, and according to Gary those guys were ALREADY looking to play the Vikings..I think his words were the guys are chopping at the bit?

Maybe the team as a whole has been so focused on this MNF game that it has taken away some aspects of the last 2 games?

6. doughsellz

doughsellz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2

Ummmm, the Seahawks game was about 30 degrees & the next week the Giants game was about -3 degrees.

7. doughsellz

doughsellz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Mike McCarthy gets my vote for worst gameplanning ever - remember the frozen footballs? Instead of actually practicing outdoors like NYG did, MM thought it wasn't necessary to make his players practice in the cold elements until the game itself. Big mistake.

The D-line rotation had kept all the lineman fresh until Jolly & Cole went on IR. That's why the NYG running game wore out the GB D to the tune of 40 minutes time of possession.

AWOL in that game: Ryan Grant, 29 rush yards. Greg Jennings, one catch, 14 yards. Jon Ryan, 6 punts 28.2 yard average.

#4 was 19 of 35 pass attempts for 236 yards, 2 TDs & 2 INTs. Actually a decent performance given the conditions. Manning was 21 of 40 pass attempts for 254 yards, no TDs, no INTs. That last INT is what everyone remembers though, not the TD to Driver or the TD to Lee.

8. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    Well, in his defense, we didn't have the Ray Nitschke field. That's exactly why it was built.

9. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,979
    I think they could have opened the doors to the Hutson center...Or did they?

what is the field they used for training camp before Rays? could have used that too

10. doughsellz

doughsellz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    What about Clark Hinkle Field? It's been there for many years. Nothing wrong with practicing inside Lambeau either.

11. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,979

I though about practicing there too, not sure why they didnt?

I know there was times Shermans teams did

12. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    Clark Hinkle field has a different surface. Don't know if that would be a problem though.

The Don Hutson Center is indoors, not sure how opening the doors would aclimate the players...

And practicing at Lambeau could absolutely wreck the turf. Not an option.

And there is more to it than just not practicing in the cold. The team wasn't build to the cold and the wind. And I can't afirm if players didn't complain about playing outside. Of course, those two are problems within themselves...

Hey, MM's adaptability problems and halftime adjustements are well documented. I just think this one wasn't a poor decision, based on the circumstances.