koren robinson's status for game

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
does anyone know if he will play, im guessing he wont play until week 9, but I hoipe Im wrong. This Denver game is huge!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't have any inside info, but i believe he will play. I would guess he will return kickoffs, and maybe be in in a few passing downs.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Hmm since they don't resume practice until this week, I am guessing they won't know until like Thursday or Friday whether he is in football shape to play.

But honestly, other than maybe special teams, expecting much in terms of offensive production from him for a week or two at the minimum is being very optimistic.

Plus who's spot on the active roster should he take?

OP
OP
B

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
they cut orvill thomson like a 4rth string guard, im optimistic about the spark plug he could give the pack......look at vinny t :)

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
they cut orvill thomson like a 4rth string guard, im optimistic about the spark plug he could give the pack......look at vinny t :)

Yes that is the roster spot for him, but in order to activate him for games they have to sit another player.. we are razor thin at TE and QB.. plus with the Dbacks getting hit with the injury bug, you really can't sit T.Williams..

I am sure they will find room for him, but 6 wides active on game day? might bit heavy? I am surprised that they didn't bring in a DB this week.. Dendy anyone?

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope they use him ASAP. Not much point to him taking up bench space, and we'll need all the help we can get againest ferret-face and the Broncos.

DarkaneRules

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was thinking earlier that if he was playing they would try to keep it a secret to add a surprise element to the game for the broncos but i'm not sure if that is actually possible.

OP
OP
B

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i just listened to mcarthys news conference....listening to mike it sounds like he thought koren looked extremely well and will continue to evaluate his status..... i changed my mind, i think he will be ready to go sunday

:)

another posative note.....franks injury wasnt as serious as originally thought, he told mccarthy he could go sunday and will continue to be evaluated throughout the week but i would assume he will also be ready sunday.

wow what a great news day plus mcarthy said this one of the best practices the team has had all season

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
i just listened to mcarthys news conference....listening to mike it sounds like he thought koren looked extremely well and will continue to evaluate his status..... i changed my mind, i think he will be ready to go sunday

:)

another posative note.....franks injury wasnt as serious as originally thought, he told mccarthy he could go sunday and will continue to be evaluated throughout the week but i would assume he will also be ready sunday.

wow what a great news day plus mcarthy said this one of the best practices the team has had all season

MONDAY

not sunday

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone know if Brandon Jackson will be activated this week?

This shin injury is a mystery to me.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score

He's healthy. He's not activated because he's not better than Grant, Wynn, and Morency.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
millertime said:

He's healthy. He's not activated because he's not better than Grant, Wynn, and Morency.

He is? I read somewhere he was not 100% yet. Although, I can't remember where it was so it might have been some internet hack who just blogs his opinions as facts too.
:shrug:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They showed Robinson practicing today. He look like he's chomping at the bit to get out on the field. I think he feels he has something to prove.

billv

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It would make the most sense to me to cut Bodiford. Then, we are at 5 WRs.

Another option is if we know Blackmon is out for many more weeks, then he could be put on injury reserve.

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score

Another option is if we know Blackmon is out for many more weeks, then he could be put on injury reserve.

Yeah, that could be a good option. One question, if put on the IR, can they come back for the playoffs?? I'm guessing not, but just wanted to check.

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
billv said:

Yeah, that could be a good option. One question, if put on the IR, can they come back for the playoffs?? I'm guessing not, but just wanted to check.
Nope.

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thompson's roster spot went to TE Krause - who has been promoted to the 53 man roster, with Thompson being re-signed to the practice squad.

If Koren holds up this week in practice (which I fully expect him to) they will either cut Bodiford (who is already contributing to special teams) or Blackmon (which makes the most sense in my opinion).

Frank Walker has made incredible progress already on his scoped Knee and is already practicing on a limited basis. Even if Blackmon makes it back, he will be too rusty to contribute this season.

Members online

Latest posts