Koooooooon

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The guy has his first fumble ever, which was one of the many fatal mistakes we made.

Then we saw him being assisted off the field with some leg, knee, foot injury. Knowing our luck, it was the old ACL.

But as usual, Fox didn't ever show a replay of the play or even talk about what happened other than the cameraman showing him going off.

Anyone see, hear, what happened to the Koooooon?
He picked a horrible time to let a ball slip loose, as did Grant, Jennings, Starks....

Helmets

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, Aikman and Buck making a big deal of Kuhn's FIRST fumble lost. Big deal. He is a fullback and never carries the ball. He has 132 carries in six years! It is only this high due to the Packers injury filled season last year in which he had 84 carries. In the first four years of his career, Kuhn had only 18 carries. Again, keep him in to block for Rodgers, that is it.

Guess what Aikman...the next interception that Graham Harrell throws in a regular season game will be his first!

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Yes Kuhn doesn't touch the ball much but in his time in Green Bay, according to nfl.com, he's had 173 touches with no fumbles lost until yesterday. Touch #174 didn't work out so well, particularly since I think he collided with a Packers OL, and a defender didn't even force the fumble. But one lost fumble in 174 touches is a rate of about one-half of one percent so I didn't have any problem with Aikman making that point.

I also didn't think there was anything wrong with that call. Think about it: The last thing McCarthy should have expected was a fumble. BTW, off this topic: I didn't have a problem with the onsides kick either. If it would have worked, it would have been "brilliantly aggressive". When it doesn't work, everyone has perfect 20/20 hindsight. Maybe McCarthy thought his team needed a lift - an extra shot in the arm. If that's what he was thinking, 20/20 hindsight proves him correct, doesn't it?

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thank you! That was one of the many dumb offensive play calls yesterday!
I agree that one wouldn't expect a fumble there.
But still, it's a shame we had Johnny running the football.

Everything went wrong yesterday. Everything.

@ProFootbalFocus:
Eli Manning (1), T.J. Yates (1), Alex Smith (3) and Tom Brady (2) combined had fewer passes dropped this weekend than Aaron Rodgers (8)

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
I also didn't think there was anything wrong with that call. Think about it: The last thing McCarthy should have expected was a fumble. BTW, off this topic: I didn't have a problem with the onsides kick either. If it would have worked, it would have been "brilliantly aggressive". When it doesn't work, everyone has perfect 20/20 hindsight. Maybe McCarthy thought his team needed a lift - an extra shot in the arm. If that's what he was thinking, 20/20 hindsight proves him correct, doesn't it?
I have a big problem with the onside kick (but fully acknowledge I'm doing the MMQB thing), our defense was struggling all day against their offense and we take the risk on blowing it on an onside kick that, if it fails, (onsides are never a sure thing), gives them the ball back on the 40?

As for Kuhn, I always thought he was our 3rd and 1 go to guy, don't understand why we give him the ball when we need seven, especially to a guy who, while great, doesn't have a ton of experience running that far in the first place.

Having said that, In Mike and Ted we have to trust...

Reaction score
I agree that one wouldn't expect a fumble there.
But still, it's a shame we had Johnny running the football.

Everything went wrong yesterday. Everything.

@ProFootbalFocus:
Eli Manning (1), T.J. Yates (1), Alex Smith (3) and Tom Brady (2) combined had fewer passes dropped this weekend than Aaron Rodgers (8)

I agree, I love John Kuhn. I have a SB XLV football signed by him. He is a short yardage runner or a safety valve receiver. Not a 1st down running back. Not when you have a healthy Starks, Saine & Grant. Bad bad play call.