Kiper/McShary: Flowers or Phillips for GB

starpass

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kiper and McShay say it is Kenny Phillips the free safty out of Miami or Brandon Flowers CB out of Virgina Tech...Fox Sports has a mock draft with GB taking the TE out of Purdue...Dustin Keller...or we could get another D Line man...UG!!!

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess I'm not opposed to either, however, I have yet to see Ted take someone who is off the radar. Exception Hawk - not a tough call. Out of curiosity did anyone on this site call the Harrell pick pre-draft? If so, who was it and what are they saying right now?

Andy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Flowers, but I am now leaning more towards a guy like Antoine Cason if the Packers go for a CB in round one. I think Phillips is good, but I don't think we need a safety in round one. I like guys that can get it done in the trenches. NFL Network and Pro Football Weekly both have the Packers taking T/G Sam Baker now. It wasn't long ago when Baker was ranked AHEAD of Jake Long from Michigan. USC plays a zone-blocking scheme as well.

mkapp

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pretty sure Cason will be gone before #30 rolls around. Personally I think Rodgers-Cromartie is going to be a stud, but again dont know if he will still be on the board.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:
If rodgers cromartie is there... i gotta believe he is our guy.

Forget about him ... probably first cb to be gone

Agreed, I'm still hoping for trading a second rounder for Lito Sheppard instead of training a rookie. I haven't given up on Williams or Blackmon either, but Blackmon can't seem to stay healthy.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You gotta assume McKelvin and Cromartie will definitely be gone. Talib and Jenkins would've been gone but they seem to have slipped due to character questions or knee questions, respectively. Who knows about them. Cason could still be there. Flowers will be there.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
phillips maybe, flowers is not worth a 1st Round pick though. I'd rather draft O-line earlier than a Corner. heck. We could always take a RUnning back or a Tight End there.

Members online

Latest posts