King, Randall, Carroll, etc

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Hyde was a stud love watching the way he anticipated where the ball was going ahead of the receiver, and he wasn’t afraid to hit and tackle unlike the present day Dbacks

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
There's multiple other factors like scheme and safety play. Do safeties roam, do they provide help over the top. Is the player at the position worthless etc. IMO we have had pretty solid CBs over the years and even a few great ones. I think that right now we are dealing with a first round miss in Kevin King and the Capers Defensive black hole for draft picks. IMO we will see improved play at the position with more investment. I'm looking for perhaps 2 draft picks at CB and perhaps a Vet pickup.

More on Capers, we basically drafted multiple players who were supposed to be impact type players in Capers scheme. Randall with his background as S and CB was a perfect example. Josh Jones as well and Rollins probably fits there too. Naturally all of these guys failed to develop. I dont think Ted drafts any of these guys were it not for Capers defense and his wants as a DC.
IMO, Randall, Hyde and Hayward were all misused by Capers. Just like Raji. Capers had all 4 of those guys in the wrong place and functionalities because he was wedded to his dang schemes.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO, Randall, Hyde and Hayward were all misused by Capers. Just like Raji. Capers had all 4 of those guys in the wrong place and functionalities because he was wedded to his dang schemes.

Curious, how or where did you want Hyde to be played at?

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Curious, how or where did you want Hyde to be played at?
I said during that draft that I thought he was best suited to play safety for us. He never looked like a CB to me. But hey, I thought the exact same thing about Darren Sharper and we wasted his first year playing him at CB too.

Members online

Latest posts