Killer Instinct / Performance without pressure

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We suck. It's like the O is waiting for chance to relax and take foot off the pedal. We waste so many chances to kill the game off and make it difficult for ourselves.

AR was just going through the motions for that last drive, when just a first down would have killed the game.

We start slow, we don't take advantage when on top. It's like O only performs well under pressure.

Can't be this way against good teams.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While the Packers do appear to waste offensive possessions, give them a break. They are missing 3 starters on both the offense and defense. The fact that they can beat anybody with the amount of talent they have on IR and lousy special teams is amazing.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We suck. It's like the O is waiting for chance to relax and take foot off the pedal. We waste so many chances to kill the game off and make it difficult for ourselves.

AR was just going through the motions for that last drive, when just a first down would have killed the game.

We start slow, we don't take advantage when on top. It's like O only performs well under pressure.

Most fans wish their team sucked as bad as the Packers do.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Yes we have key guys that are out, and it could effect the outcome of a game and heaven forbid if Rodgers or Devonte went down, I would say our chances of making the playoffs or going deep could be pretty slim, but that’s why we have or are supposed to have fairly good backups to give our starters time to get healthy until they return, and if not, that backup made the team at that position and should be ready to be competitive and compete at the same level or hopefully better than the person he stepped in for, with this longer season “which I don’t like” we will have more key players out, and hating to sound like a broken record, no games are forfeited because their best players are out, you just have hope for the best and prepare for the worst

D

Deleted member 6794

I'm sorry but it's ridiculous to suggest that a team which has won six games in a row sucks because of one bad drive on offense.

Yes we have key guys that are out, and it could effect the outcome of a game and heaven forbid if Rodgers or Devonte went down, I would say our chances of making the playoffs or going deep could be pretty slim, but that’s why we have or are supposed to have fairly good backups to give our starters time to get healthy until they return, and if not, that backup made the team at that position and should be ready to be competitive and compete at the same level or hopefully better than the person he stepped in for, with this longer season “which I don’t like” we will have more key players out, and hating to sound like a broken record, no games are forfeited because their best players are out, you just have hope for the best and prepare for the worst

It's completely unrealistic to not expect a drop-off in performance with backups playing a significant amount of snaps. It's amazing the Packers have been able to overcome that many injuries.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
I'm sorry but it's ridiculous to suggest that a team which has won six games in a row sucks because of one bad drive on offense.

It's completely unrealistic to not expect a drop-off in performance with backups playing a significant amount of snaps. It's amazing the Packers have been able to overcome that many injuries.
I said in my comments that key guys out can effect a game, but I also said the next man up has to fill in those shoes and perform at least above substandard play, I have seen the Packers in the past overcome injuries and winning, it’s a long season and I hope the injuries don’t pile up and key guys can stay healthy

D

Deleted member 6794

I said in my comments that key guys out can effect a game, but I also said the next man up has to fill in those shoes and perform at least above substandard play, I have seen the Packers in the past overcome injuries and winning, it’s a long season and I hope the injuries don’t pile up and key guys can stay healthy

I don't want to use injuries as an excuse as well but it's to be expected that backups won't perform at the same level as a starter on most occasions.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
I don't want to use injuries as an excuse as well but it's to be expected that backups won't perform at the same level as a starter on most occasions.
I feel like this thread is a jinx now Devante is out for Thursday, I guess we’ll find out if it’s next man up

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
They've gone 6-1 with the injuries piling up . 8 weeks ago, what would be your expectations at this point if you knew what the injury list would look like?
Who?

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
8 weeks ago we would not be going back and forth about this, being that starters were held back in the preseason, so I’m not quite understanding your point, mine is injuries happen all the time and are talked about like this, they are expected in the NFL and like I said it sucks when it hits my keys guys like Davonte, but the backups should be ready to step up and perform, hopefully without missing a beat we will see who that will be Thursday

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Had Heinken been more experienced there is no telling how many points Washington would have scored. It was an ugly game but luck was on our side.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right. No one WANTS to use injuries as an excuse but the fact is they are an excuse. I've often thought the word excuse is probably not the best one to use in this instance. When we hear the word excuse I think we automatically think of something negative, "I would have done that but something prevented me from doing it." Perhaps "reason" would be a better word. To say CMC's absence is why the Panthers have lost 4 straight is an excuse but it is certainly a big part of the reason why they have lost 4 straight and I don't think its wrong to say that and I don't think that is making excuses. I just don't want our players and coaches saying such stuff even if there is more truth to it than we care to admit.

The whole next man up idea is great but there is a reason that these guys are the next men. If they were as good as the man they would not be the next they would be the man somewhere else. I also think that more often than not, if they are required to be the man over an extended period of time their success, or lack thereof will prove show why they were the next man. For the good news I think that many times the next man up does provide a lift in their initial appearance simply because they are playing above their heads to prove they belong. One game, maybe 2 they look pretty good but they are doing well as much on emotion as they are on talent and when the emotion wears off they come down to where they really belong. Its also possible that they may be overlooked by their opponents to a degree. "We don't have to worry about him, he's their #6 WR" then #6 goes out and has a field day because no one was paying attention to him. I could easily see a guy like St. Brown going off for 8/120 and 2 TDs while the Cardinals concentrate on stopping Jones, Cobb and Tonyan. I Hope that's the case because not only are we without the man we are without the next man and the next man after that.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Had Heinken been more experienced there is no telling how many points Washington would have scored. It was an ugly game but luck was on our side.
While this is tre there is no telling how many points the Packers would have scored had the Football Team scored more points. They could have scored 15 more points but that doesn't necessarily mean the Packers would have lost. All during the 4th quarter the announcers kept saying if the WFT would have capitalized on a couple of the trips into the red zone it would be a much different game. Maybe, maybe not. Who's to say the Packers wouldn't have done things differently and matched the scores. This happened then that happened but if this didn't happen then may that would have been different as well.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While the Packers do appear to waste offensive possessions, give them a break. They are missing 3 starters on both the offense and defense. The fact that they can beat anybody with the amount of talent they have on IR and lousy special teams is amazing.
This game was nearly won by luck, or should I say with the help of an inexperienced QB. There will be no luck or dealing with inexperience this time. But I do understand where you are coming from factoring our circumstances that we are getting by.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And they left 14 points on the field. For me, play Barnes more. Have two insides. Not just one.

Reaction score

I actually agree with that. Still haven’t put that full game together (within reason). It’s like we’re rolling along really good.. for the island of misfit toys :roflmao:
I’m sorry that was uncalled for, but it felt so good!

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score

It's not the O...it's AR it's a problem he's had since '08

D

Deleted member 6794

And they left 14 points on the field. For me, play Barnes more. Have two insides. Not just one.

The Packers lining up with two inside linebackers for the majority of the snaps might not be a good idea vs. the Cardinals. They have a ton of talent at wide receiver and Murray is a threat to run the ball on every play.

Latest posts