1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Kevin Mawae

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by ivo610, Apr 14, 2010.

1. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    Former Titan Kevin Mawae is a free agent this year and all signs point to him returning to Tennessee next season, should the packers take a look at him? Im normally against bringing in grandpa, but I think he would serve as a good back up in case all things fall apart again.

What do you guys think?

2. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    I don't know...

If you'd ask me last year, I'd say for sure. I'd advocate for it.

But I believe Wells played pretty well last year. Plus, he's very durable. Mawae IMHO is a bit better now than Wells, but he's too old. I'd think the Packers want a younger guy to develop, like Evan Dietrich-Smith, for when Wells can't play anymore...

Would be a smart move to spend money to upgrade the position just a little bit, when the guy is 39, and would have to pick up the blocking calls that we use? Don't think so...

3. A12ROD903

A12ROD903 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +22
    Mawae will be a starter wherever he goes, I dont think he would settle for being a backup in GB. Plus we would only have him for maybe 2 years max... Like you said, hes old and doesnt have much more time. He would be a good consideration if we need oline support midseason obviously.