Kevin King

Toad

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Kevin King is rated the 63rd best CB last season.

So there is at least 1 starting CB in the NFL who is worse.
Yes isn’t that great for King!! He is pathetic! Just don’t understand why the Packers couldn’t find someone else.

D

Deleted member 6794

Just saw that Casey Hayward is playing for the raiders on a low one year deal. Why we didnt shoot him a similar offer is beyond me, the Raiders pay him only a half a million more than we are paying King

Actually the Packers are paying King (one-year, $5 million deal) double the money Hayward earns with the Raiders this season.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For a guy who runs in the 4.4’s I’ve never seen a guy absolutely have no makeup speed at all smh. His instincts are not great and He needs to stay in the the slot. He is not built to play on the outside at all and as long as he’s there smart OCs will go right at him.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jarrett bush was a low round draft pick who stuck because of special teams and was pushed into extended regular defense because of injuries.

And yes, he did make some plays. He also just did a program with a special 9 year old going thru some tough times here 2-3 weeks ago. Pretty good guy if you ask me.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In 11 games in 2020 Kevin King had 5 passes defended. Two games in 2021 he's got 1.
In 2 games in 2021 Eric Stokes has 3 passes defended!!! Hoping Barry & MLF are "stat guys".

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How many does Jaire have?
In 11 games in 2020 Kevin King had 5 passes defended. Two games in 2021 he's got 1.
In 2 games in 2021 Eric Stokes has 3 passes defended!!! Hoping Barry & MLF are "stat guys".

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How many does Jaire have?
2020 - 13 PDef
2021 - 0

What's your point? Is this a competition between Alexander & King, or Stokes & King?

Teams know not to challenge Alexander too often, but did you see Goff seeking out King in the 1st half? They tried going after Stokes & he blanked the receivers.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2020 - 13 PDef
2021 - 0

What's your point? Is this a competition between Alexander & King, or Stokes & King?

Teams know not to challenge Alexander too often, but did you see Goff seeking out King in the 1st half? They tried going after Stokes & he blanked the receivers.
Lions coach only had to watch film from Brady against us last January and then Winston last week. And he said to himself we have to go after this King right away.

Toad

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pretty sad that the Head Coach had to tell his own Defensive Coordinator what changes to make at halftime

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As a veteran, Kevin King is going to make mistakes but not get any better. Eric Stokes is going to make rookie mistakes, but hopefully improve. While I don't like tossing rookies in there, I think that Stokes has the mental fortitude to fight through the rookie blunders.

I wouldn't kick King out to the curb yet, until they see how he plays against the slot receivers.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
I’ll make it simple “don’t like King” “don’t like King” “don’t like King” did I say I “don’t like King” at all!!

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't kick King out to the curb yet, until they see how he plays against the slot receivers.
I agree. He might be good there. We should give him the chance. It would be best for us if he plays well with different responsibilities.

Toad

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sometimes I ALMOST feel sorry for King. They do need to try Him somewhere else on the Defense and then if it doesn’t work—oh well. They gave Him a chance. It was pretty hilarious when that receiver jumped right over Him!!! Lol

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why would King be any better in the slot? When he got burned by Cephus in the first quarter and in the NFCCG, he looked heavy legged and slow. Not sure how heavy legs are going to help him in the slot. For the money that was spent on King, Lowry and Lancaster, the Packers could've made a serious attempt at keeping Lindsley.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed. We can't keep everybody, and if there is anything the Packers seem to be good at these days it's developing the OL.

King has the skills. What he lost is his speed. What every athlete has to figure out is how to stay competitive as age increases and speed decreases. King has not recognized his decrease in speed and agility, and therefore is getting burned. IMO, cornerbacks are better able to use angles to their advantage covering on the inside, which can mask a lack of speed. On the edge it's all about the hips, change of direction, and flat-out speed. He's no Darrell Green, so he'd better figure out how to be the crafty DB or he'll be out of a job before he knows it.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed. We can't keep everybody, and if there is anything the Packers seem to be good at these days it's developing the OL.

King has the skills. What he lost is his speed. What every athlete has to figure out is how to stay competitive as age increases and speed decreases. King has not recognized his decrease in speed and agility, and therefore is getting burned. IMO, cornerbacks are better able to use angles to their advantage covering on the inside, which can mask a lack of speed. On the edge it's all about the hips, change of direction, and flat-out speed. He's no Darrell Green, so he'd better figure out how to be the crafty DB or he'll be out of a job before he knows it.
he’s only 26.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
King has been a liability at points, but he has more value than some would like to believe.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
King has been a liability at points, but he has more value than some would like to believe.
He has good coverage skills but completely whiffs way too often. Focus? He was really out of position on the first pass he gave up. Looked really awkward and confused. Not sure what is up with him sometimes. Learn the skills. Practice the skills. Perform the skills. There is something wrong in that process.

Reaction score
I know this won’t be popular with some fellow fans, but I believe King still has a shot of being successful in the Slot. He did have a coverage screw up there early in the game, but this is an entirely new role for him also. He also had a TD saving play and played disruptive football the closer he got to the LOS.

Just an observation. King seems to perform better attacking the LOS in either press coverage where he can divert a WR’s route.. or playing downhill against the run. He’s more adequately applied to TE or RB or Slot receiver (where he can physically press inside 5 yards) coming from the Slot. Conversely, his weakness is playing off coverage, Perimeter CB (Island aboriginal) Opponents obviously know it too. These long throws to his side are purposeful and planned.

It appears MLF/Barry are seeing this because Stokes played a significant amount on the outside and King moved inside. They seemed to improve in those new roles (albeit and admittedly miscommunication on the crossing route TD). King is kinda ideal for the Slot because he won’t be paired with the teams fastest receiver as much. It’s as much a problem of mistaken identity (playing a player out of his niche) as it is a question of talent.

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He has good coverage skills but completely whiffs way too often. Focus? He was really out of position on the first pass he gave up. Looked really awkward and confused. Not sure what is up with him sometimes. Learn the skills. Practice the skills. Perform the skills. There is something wrong in that process.
i would agree with that. I see him do it, so I know he can do it, but I don't know why he doesn't do it more often LOL

and running 1 on 1 with speed is never going to be an advantage for him, but he has other areas that he should be pretty solid on consistently.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i would agree with that. I see him do it, so I know he can do it, but I don't know why he doesn't do it more often LOL

and running 1 on 1 with speed is never going to be an advantage for him, but he has other areas that he should be pretty solid on consistently.
As a rookie he showed a lot of good behaviors. An aggressive tackler was sorely needed. But can't be at expense of coverage skills.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I agree that he has everything you need physically to be a very good DB. It's all mental and he just randomly turns into a physically gifted rodeo clown.

Members online

Latest posts