Kevin King

Reaction score
Reviving an old thread to say this guy SUCKS and needs to be demoted. Put the rookie out there, King has no reason to be out there when he sucks this bad as a veteran.
I know this is small consolation but just trying to find ways to utilize him without exposing him. He seems to play better nearer the LOS.
His strength could be at slot CB. he’s better playing downhill against the run (see NFC game etc.). But he’s mostly short area burst. He’s tall enough to cover TE’s from the Slot and that would minimize those deeper perimeter routes that are late getting Safety help. I’d put Stokes on the perimeter and King inside

Last edited:

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know this is small consolation but just trying to find ways to utilize him without exposing him. He seems to play better nearer the LOS.
His strength could be at slot CB. he’s better playing downhill against the run (see NFC game etc.). But he’s mostly short area burst. He’s tall enough to cover TE’s from the Slot and he’d minimize those deeper perimeter routes that are late getting Safety help. I’d put Stokes on the perimeter and King inside
That is exactly how I expected they'd use him this year, then NO, he's out on the perimeter again. It's like this team gives vets a chance to play, then when they realize they suck (during the games) they make the move after the fact. Well, it continues to cost us giving King any sort of responsibility out wide. He's like the new Bhawoh Jue, completely sucks but keeps finding a way to be on the field.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Reviving an old thread to say this guy SUCKS and needs to be demoted. Put the rookie out there, King has no reason to be out there when he sucks this bad as a veteran.
Exactly
We talked about this. That was Brady revisited.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I personally think King is a genius, I would like to talk to him to figure out how I can get a raise by continually failing at my job in the most spectacular fashion. Oh wait, my boss is not an idiot…
The Viking fans are complaining about their CB, Breeland. I asked if they want to make a straight up trade for King.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is exactly how I expected they'd use him this year, then NO, he's out on the perimeter again. It's like this team gives vets a chance to play, then when they realize they suck (during the games) they make the move after the fact. Well, it continues to cost us giving King any sort of responsibility out wide. He's like the new Bhawoh Jue, completely sucks but keeps finding a way to be on the field.
Ahmad Carroll.

Toad

Cheesehead
Reaction score
King should NEVER been brought back this Season. He was a bust for a high draft pick and He Never improves from one season to the next! What is the Packer organization thinking???!!!! Yes to think that they passed on Watt for this poor excuse of a defensive player!! Shame on the Packers!!

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I personally think King is a genius, I would like to talk to him to figure out how I can get a raise by continually failing at my job in the most spectacular fashion. Oh wait, my boss is not an idiot…

Have Aaron Rodgers cover for an awful defense during your free agent year and then have your GM make a Gettleman-level decision to not have a replacement ready or find a replacement.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the problem is that Stokes is Carroll right now. King doesn't even have the excuse of being handsy, he just randomly forgets the basics of being a corner.
And he cannot run deep with the average receiver. Maybe he was meant to be a safety.

Bigdog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
King is inconsistent in that he's suseptible to the deep ball. My eye test says he can be beaten with a double move or stop-and-go because he has too often.

pro-football-reference has introduced some advanced stats. See "Advanced Defense and Fumbles" in the following link:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/K/KingKe01.htm

This season, they have him down for a 44% completion rate (8 of 18) and a 77.2 passer-rating-against which are pretty good numbers. But note the average completion against him has gone for over 20 yards. He's giving up some big plays.

PFF has him down for 10 of 20, allocating two completions to King that p-f-r must have given to somebody else. Assigning responsibility in zone coverage can be a tricky business at times, I suppose.

He does look better than last year, all-in-all. I haven't seen him lost in zone coverage except once, a pretty common occurance last season.
Kk sucks. I'm tired of seeing his arms flailing around while following an average receiver in to the end zone. He should have been gone last year. Gutencrap needs to go to and the DC. Bad hire Lafleur.
What is **** LeBaeue doing?

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with everyone.

The only thing that I will say is that the TD to start the 4th quarter was not his fault. I still don't understand how the refs did not call an offensive pick. The WR ran into King and Sullivan, knocking both to the ground in the endzone leaving the other WR wide open.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with everyone.

The only thing that I will say is that the TD to start the 4th quarter was not his fault. I still don't understand how the refs did not call an offensive pick. The WR ran into King and Sullivan, knocking both to the ground in the endzone leaving the other WR wide open.

100% which is one reason his PFF grade for the game was so low...shocked they hold that against him - Jaire or Stokes both cannot do anything either in that situation.

Which brings up the ignorant postings all over social media of the PFF grade for Stokes (79.3) vs King (46.8) LOL

Stokes' was based on eight snaps, eight. You WILL NEVER hear me say I'd have brought King back (his deal isn't terrible cost wise but DUMB) or go out of my way to defend him but this is just ignorant.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with everyone.

saw one called in the game last night that was 100x's less egregious. But i'm not sure what are penalties or not anymore in this league.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
saw one called in the game last night that was 100x's less egregious. But i'm not sure what are penalties or not anymore in this league.
Well the refs certainly make early season mistakes too. The Z-Smith penalty reminded me of the Clay Matthews roughing-the-passer calls a few years ago in the opener against the Vikings that cost us a win.

I know what the penalties are, but am not always sure how they are "emphasized" each year. It seems to be like adjusting to the strike zone of a new home plate umpire. You'll take a few lumps before figuring out what they like to call.

Reaction score
King doesn’t have the makeup speed to be playing perimeter CB. We have nothing to lose to shift him to another role either Slot etc.. also he has had moderate success shooting into the backfield on dump off passes and run support. Past that he’s going to get picked on by any intelligent OC. If us casual fans see it don’t think he won’t be exploited even more.

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just saw that Casey Hayward is playing for the raiders on a low one year deal. Why we didnt shoot him a similar offer is beyond me, the Raiders pay him only a half a million more than we are paying King

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just saw that Casey Hayward is playing for the raiders on a low one year deal. Why we didnt shoot him a similar offer is beyond me, the Raiders pay him only a half a million more than we are paying King

If I had to bet with him signing around May I believe and us announcing King in March - both GB and Hayward were too far apart as both most likely thought he would cost more. None of that is confirmed but I'd expect Hayward was hoping for more for sure - Casey also from what some have said felt burned by GB

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
King should NEVER been brought back this Season. He was a bust for a high draft pick and He Never improves from one season to the next! What is the Packer organization thinking???!!!! Yes to think that they passed on Watt for this poor excuse of a defensive player!! Shame on the Packers!!
Bringing King back gives the impression that poor performance is acceptable.

I don't care what anyone says. The game turned on King's blunder. Pettine deserves some blame for putting him on Scotty Miller, but King totally whiffed.

The line is extremely fine in championship type games. And King sucked. The Packers shouldn't have re-signed him if only for the principle of the whole situation.

It wasn't Jaire getting burned once in a blue moon. It was a player that continually provides epic gaffs. I'm over it.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Members online

Latest posts