Kevin King

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually the Packers are paying King (one-year, $5 million deal) double the money Hayward earns with the Raiders this season.
making it even more mindboggling why we would offer him that and not try to get Casey back on a similar deal he signed with the Raiders. Heck, even after we signed King we should have given Casey a shot

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Myers seems to be a decent successor to Linsley. The Packers would have wasted a lot of money to re-sign him.
Perhaps it would've benefitted the Packers to use the second round pick to replace the grossly overpaid Lowry instead of drafting a center had they dumped Lowry, Lancaster and King. Unless Slaton and Heflin step it up big time, the defensive line will be much too easy to exploit by opposing offensive coordinators for the Packers to be contenders.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's not his age, it's the injuries that seem to have reduced his speed. Whenever that occurs due to age, injury, or both, players need to adjust or they get flushed out of the game quickly.

I agree that he's not as fast as he once was, but he was drafted to be a Richard Sherman style corner and players don't need elite speed to do that. King's problem is that he's built like a rugged, bump-and-run corner but he routinely forgets how to play corner and then doesn't have the speed to catch back up once the corner turns him into a turnstile.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Perhaps it would've benefitted the Packers to use the second round pick to replace the grossly overpaid Lowry instead of drafting a center had they dumped Lowry, Lancaster and King. Unless Slaton and Heflin step it up big time, the defensive line will be much too easy to exploit by opposing offensive coordinators for the Packers to be contenders.
Yes.

D

Deleted member 6794

Don't get me wrong, I would have liked the Packers to improve the defensive line this offseason as well but re-signing Linsley to not having to draft Myers wouldn't have been the correct way to achieve that.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lowry, yes. Overpaid. Lancaster would be replaced with another guy just like him and cost the same. I think drafting Myers and not paying Linsley is already showing to be the right decision from a production stand point and financial. The kid is good, and he's as cheap as he's going to be.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lowry, yes. Overpaid. Lancaster would be replaced with another guy just like him and cost the same. I think drafting Myers and not paying Linsley is already showing to be the right decision from a production stand point and financial. The kid is good, and he's as cheap as he's going to be.
Do not let him hear you say that.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Unfortunately, most offensive lineman start to break down physically when they reach a certain age. The Chargers are currently enjoying having Linsley at center, but their right tackle is missing a lot of time after signing him to a big contract...

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

We'll see how Linsley is doing in a year or two.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unfortunately, most offensive lineman start to break down physically when they reach a certain age. The Chargers are currently enjoying having Linsley at center, but their right tackle is missing a lot of time after signing him to a big contract...

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

We'll see how Linsley is doing in a year or two.
Only a few remain versatile that long. And only so many are effective. Larry Allen and Forrest Gregg come to mind

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Only if someone on the bus had covid or was in close contact with someone who tested positive. Please stop spreading lies on the internet.

Toad

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I think that King knew He wasn’t capable of doing the job in SF. Not wishing anything bad if he was truly sick—— but what a coincidence!!!! Lol. At any rate He WAS NOT missed! Think He will be spending the year warming the bench for all that money He is making! I have high hopes for the young guy though!

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I think that King knew He wasn’t capable of doing the job in SF. Not wishing anything bad if he was truly sick—— but what a coincidence!!!! Lol. At any rate He WAS NOT missed! Think He will be spending the year warming the bench for all that money He is making! I have high hopes for the young guy though!
Hey King, don't let the door hit you in the *** on your way out. Good riddance. Go find HaHa and start a flag football league. Neither one of you has ever covered anyone. So long.

Reaction score

It is true. The trenches (although not seccsy and very few accolades) are where games are won and lost. I’m in agreement there and I’ve been a vocal (as much as I can be typing) supporter of going after someone substantial at iDL. That said,
I don’t believe the long term trade off of losing Meyers would’ve been worth it. Protecting Aaron Rodgers is priority #1. We’ve lost focus of that fact in past years and it has caused us dearly.

I want my cake and I want to eat it too.
I think it would be wise to go after a substantial upgrade at DL just before trade deadline. It’s completely doable and it’s time to put us in position to finish the season with a “Deebo Samuel” mid-season type signing. I don’t want to end another season of “what if’s”. If we can’t get iDL, then a stellar ILB or even an Offensive upgrade.

In the words of the late Kevin Greene
“It is time!”

Last edited:

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey King, don't let the door hit you in the *** on your way out. Good riddance. Go find HaHa and start a flag football league. Neither one of you has ever covered anyone. So long.
I don’t want him playing for the Packers either, but I’ll never understand the nasty hate for the man. For whatever reason, he isn’t succeeding as a CB …. But I see no reason to be so nasty about it.

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don’t want him playing for the Packers either, but I’ll never understand the nasty hate for the man. For whatever reason, he isn’t succeeding as a CB …. But I see no reason to be so nasty about it.
I don't remember saying that I hated the man. If I did, you are right. No need to be nasty. I personally don't believe that he can play a lick though. There is a reason that HaHa has been with 5 or 6 teams in 10 years too. I would guess that the same will be true of King.

OkieCheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is true. The trenches (although not seccsy and very few accolades) are where games are won and lost. I’m in agreement there and I’ve been a vocal (as much as I can be typing) supporter of going after someone substantial at iDL. That said,
I don’t believe the long term trade off of losing Meyers would’ve been worth it. Protecting Aaron Rodgers is priority #1. We’ve lost focus of that fact in past years and it has caused us dearly.

I want my cake and I want to eat it too.
I think it would be wise to go after a substantial upgrade at DL just before trade deadline. It’s completely doable and it’s time to put us in position to finish the season with a “Deebo Samuel” mid-season type signing. I don’t want to end another season of “what if’s”. If we can’t get iDL, then a stellar ILB or even an Offensive upgrade.

In the words of the late Kevin Greene
“It is time!”
This is perfect. Well said!!

Reaction score
Still don't know why we didn't play Tramon in the NFCCG instead of King.
I know it’s pure speculation. But if GB pulls off a win there. 65% We beat KC.
They were on a downward trajectory.
That’s the part that really hurts.

We get stubborn with certain players but I can assure you many teams would’ve pulled King long before that game (or at minimum, severely revised his snap count etc..)

Members online

Latest posts