Kevin Greene to Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ted doesn't assemble the coaching staff other than hire the head coach. But I can fully understand the need to find something else to complain about him for LOL

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wish Greene well. I always liked him. When he started making noises about going back to coaching it doesn't seem like GB had any interest. I guess they're happy with Moss coaching both units.

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ted doesn't assemble the coaching staff other than hire the head coach. But I can fully understand the need to find something else to complain about him for LOL

Yeah, like mm would re-hire a guy who bashed the front office and walked out on the team without notice. You have to be a little naive to think his comments about TT wouldn't have some type on influence on him being re-hired here. Rifts are not what we want to create, at any level. And who is complaining about TT? Greene made the comments, not TT.

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wife hated small town life and his kids in college near there..

But can't be that simple? ;)

It could, but op asked a question and I just wanted to give a tangible answer that has some merit behind it. There's no reports I know of that says his wife hated small town life.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Didn't he "retire?"

Well, then going back to work. I guess for him, it is time.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Wouldn't think he could still play. Wait, coach. Well, he might suit up, don't think he could do worse could he?

H

HardRightEdge

Wife hated small town life and his kids in college near there..

But can't be that simple? ;)
When a guy says he's leaving to spend more time with his family, it might be true or might not.

There was "A Football Life" on Greene recently. He talked about wanting to spend more time with his kids before they went off to college. There was a lot of time spent showing him working out with son helping him prepare to get a football scholarship (dunno if he did).

It sure looked like his stated plan was sincere.

If the wife hated GB (that was not in the story), then you're not going to get around that, if there was any Packer interest in the first place.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
It could, but op asked a question and I just wanted to give a tangible answer that has some merit behind it. There's no reports I know of that says his wife hated small town life.
Didn't say there were reports of his wife.

It's something that was told to me

D

Deleted member 6794

Geez, stop being that sensitive about Thompson. Nobody mentioned anything negative about him in this thread.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Geez, stop being that sensitive about Thompson. Nobody mentioned anything negative about him in this thread.
oh, pardon sir Capt. LOL The fact that Greene isn't here has everything to do with the fact that he left years ago, and the staff has been filled. If either he wanted to come back, and the staff wanted him back he'd be back. This has zero to do with Ted Thompson but it took exactly 1 post to bring Ted into as the reason he's not.

and on a somewhat related note, anybody else notice the irony of the Capt telling someone to "stop" LOL The king of "I'll post the same line 14x's on the same page if I want to.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
OKay I see the path where this is headed. As a poster I'm getting a comfy chair, a cooler full of beer, and bag of popcorn. As a mod, I'm telling both of you to tread carefully.

EDIT: maybe a box of Snickers bars too.

D

Deleted member 6794

and on a somewhat related note, anybody else notice the irony of the Capt telling someone to "stop" LOL The king of "I'll post the same line 14x's on the same page if I want to.

It's not my fault it takes repetitive mentioning of Thompson not bei g perfect for several posters around here with you being one of the most notable. Unfortunately even with me posting the same lines multiple times you're not able to grasp it.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's not my fault it takes repetitive mentioning of Thompson not bei g perfect for several posters around here with you being one of the most notable. Unfortunately even with me posting the same lines multiple times you're not able to grasp it.
oh captain, I can link multiple times where i've said with the exact words. "Thompson is not perfect" with my own quotes. it's becoming more clear why you are they way you are.

D

Deleted member 6794

oh captain, I can link multiple times where i've said with the exact words. "Thompson is not perfect" with my own quotes. it's becoming more clear why you are they way you are.

While you have repeatedly said that you are aware of Thompson not being perfect most of your posts completely suggest otherwise.

BTW it´s amazing that you´re capable of analyzing my character on the basis of posts about our favorite football team. :tup:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I see mod saying to stop isn't working..

Do not be surprised if a warning or banning is issued..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts