Kennth Dixon.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not exactly sure where this guy is going to go in the draft, but he's absolutely my favorite runner in this class. Super shifty, very good vision, and finishes strong. He definitely fits a zone scheme.

Although running back isn't a huge need for the team, we don't know exactly what is going to happen next year with Lacy. He'll most likely be signed, but if not, we'll need another runner. I think Kenneth would be a great addition to the team.

What do you all think? Here's a few highlight videos:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

D

Deleted member 6794

Dixon is for sure a good running back but I don't see the need for the Packers to spend a second-rounder on him. Thompson should use a day 3 pick on a RB though.

H

HardRightEdge

Dixon is for sure a good running back but I don't see the need for the Packers to spend a second-rounder on him. Thompson should use a day 3 pick on a RB though.
Yeah, that's some pretty good tape. It's the pass catching that really pops.

He doesn't have the top end speed at 4.58 many teams would prefer. At 5'10", 215 lbs. he shades to the small side for a between-the-tackles runner with a physical running style; that could raise projection and injury concern. He might be seen a feature back/3rd. down back tweener. I could see him dropping to day 2 on those concerns alone. I'd take him with one of the 4th. rounders, but it's admittedly a considerable stretch to think he'd fall that far in a less than robust RB class.

What I like about a player like this is you could motion him out into 4 WR set and get some matchup advantages.

Last edited by a moderator:

TeamTundra

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I also like Dixon but it is worth noting that he has fumbled 13 times in the past three
years. He probably will be drafted by the early 3rd round if not sooner.

UCLA's Paul Perkins might be available when we pick in the 4th round. He maybe a good
fit in our offense.

OP
OP
ThePerfectBeard

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I also like Dixon but it is worth noting that he has fumbled 13 times in the past three
years. He probably will be drafted by the early 3rd round if not sooner.

UCLA's Paul Perkins might be available when we pick in the 4th round. He maybe a good
fit in our offense.

I'm trying to get excited about perkins, but I just see a lot of him getting tripped up and being caught from behind. Seems to be lacking quickness in the lateral game.

D

Deleted member 6794

I'm trying to get excited about perkins, but I just see a lot of him getting tripped up and being caught from behind. Seems to be lacking quickness in the lateral game.

Perkins is actually a pretty elusive runner. He has to work on his receiving skills though.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Alex Collins Arkansas RB about as much a Dixon... he might be there with our 3rd pick.
We should get him just because of this play. We sure need more luck on our side in late game, do-or-die situations.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We should get him just because of this play. We sure need more luck on our side in late game, do-or-die situations.

he got hit hard at the end of that play... who tackled him? Lets draft him. lol
sweet play though. wow!

D

Deleted member 6794

I like Alex Collins Arkansas RB about as much a Dixon... he might be there with our 3rd pick.

Collins has some fumbling issues and doesn´t offer a lot as a receiver. I´d rather spend a day 3 pick on either Devontae Booker or C.J. Prosise.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Collins has some fumbling issues and doesn´t offer a lot as a receiver. I´d rather spend a day 3 pick on either Devontae Booker or C.J. Prosise.
So do the guys you just mentioned. I agree that he'd be limited to screens and the like. Prosise seems to have the potential to be a full-fledged receiving threat, but I wouldn't be opposed to the picking Collins at the right value. He would be more of a successor if they don't want to pay Lacy, though, rather than someone who adds another dimension.

D

Deleted member 6794

So do the guys you just mentioned. I agree that he'd be limited to screens and the like. Prosise seems to have the potential to be a full-fledged receiving threat, but I wouldn't be opposed to the picking Collins at the right value. He would be more of a successor if they don't want to pay Lacy, though, rather than someone who adds another dimension.

Booker was able to cut down his fumbles to three in 2015, you right about Prosise though. I would just either like to add a change-of-pace running back like Paul Perkins or a prospect offering more upside in the passing game than Collins. Booker and Prosise are better suited to become a receiving threat at the pro level.