Julius Peppers

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Retiring after 17 seasons. One of the greatest on and off the field. I salute you sir.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wish we won that damn NFC Championship game in 2014. That was one year I was confident we could've won it all. And had we not run into Atlanta, there's no doubt in my mind we would've beaten New England in 2016 in his final year with us. I'm sad we could never get this man a ring. If by some chance we are SB contenders again and secure a good seed in the playoffs, I'd be all for having him join us, just so he has a ring to his resume.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah thought it was a big mistake for TT not to resign him after 2016. Those 11 sacks he had in carolina would of been huge for the Packers that year, with hundley at qb. At first thought it was peppers choice to leave for a home coming of sorts because he signed with carolina for so little. But then it came out throigh jason wilde that TT didnt even talk to peppers let alone make him any kind of offer. I believe they make the playoffs that year if peppers is on the Packers sideline instead of Carolinas in that game Rodgers came back and gmo fumbled at the Panthers 24 to end it.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Such a class act. I hope the hundreds of other players around the league take note. A short stint, but one of my top 10 favorite players to ever put on a Packers uniform.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Such a class act. I hope the hundreds of other players around the league take note. A short stint, but one of my top 10 favorite players to ever put on a Packers uniform.

Agreed, although not quite as big of an impact and a few less years with the Packers, he reminded me a bit of Reggie White. A player that went out there every Sunday and let his play do his talking on a consistent basis.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed, although not quite as big of an impact and a few less years with the Packers, he reminded me a bit of Reggie White. A player that went out there every Sunday and let his play do his talking on a consistent basis.

I disagree that consistency was a strength for Julius. His motor was in question IMO a lot, though in the playoffs he usually stepped it up. When he turned it on he was a beast. There are not too many people built like Julius.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Nice quote from Julius.....

“I guess more than anything, Green Bay just felt like home. You know, small town, good people who love their football … it was a really great experience being a part of that culture. I was sad to leave Green Bay, and I don’t think I would have left to go anywhere but home to Carolina. So to Chicago and Green Bay: Thank you for embracing me and allowing me to be a part of your families.”

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah thought it was a big mistake for TT not to resign him after 2016.
I've been wondering about things like this lately, because I find myself looking back and questioning a lot of TT's decisions.

I have a lot of respect for Peppers:
The first thing I thought of when I saw this thread was how Peppers told Morgan Burnett to get down after he recovered that fumble in the NFC Championship Game against Seattle. Good example of playing not to lose. I don't hold that against him though, the whole team worked hard to choke that game away (except Crosby).

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sick of the 2014 NFCCG "choking" posts... it was't really on the D, who had a HELLUVA game...

Our O was just PATHETIC that game, AR did not have a good game.

Obviously the botched KR sealed it for us, but if AR has even a decent/average game for himself, we win that game EASILY

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sick of the 2014 NFCCG "choking" posts... it was't really on the D, who had a HELLUVA game...

Obviously the botched KR sealed it for us, but if AR has even a decent/average game for himself, we win that game EASILY
That game is so painful. It was a failure all around.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score

Up 19-7 that late in the game, yes you have to put some blame on the defense. When you can't give your quarterback a chance to win the game in overtime, the defense deserves some blame.

22 points should be enough to beat that team on that day.

Reaction score
I’ll just say. Thank You for the memories Julius we enjoyed having you in GB. You were one of the few who lived up to your potential but you never were boastful about it. You never pulled a “Sore loser Jennings” when leaving GB. I appreciate the integrity it’s hard to find that these days.

Favorite memory : your first Lambeau leap after one of your 2 pick 6’s. Man you has an afterburner! Although I would’ve liked to see someone try to tackle you running full steam!

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Up 19-7 that late in the game, yes you have to put some blame on the defense. When you can't give your quarterback a chance to win the game in overtime, the defense deserves some blame.
Yep, the whole team contributed to that loss. Except Crosby.
The defense played well, but they didn't hold with the game on the line.

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The first thing I thought of when I saw this thread was how Peppers told Morgan Burnett to get down after he recovered that fumble in the NFC Championship Game against Seattle. Good example of playing not to lose.
In 2006 the Chargers had home field advantage throughout the playoffs. They had gone 14-2 and in the divisional game they played Brady and the Pats. In the 4th quarter they led by 8 with 6 minutes to go when Marlon McCree intercepted Brady near midfield. McCree started to run it back but was stripped of the ball and of course Brady throws a td and then sets them up for a fg and the Pats won. Marty Schottenheimer was fired and the rest, as they say, is history.

Packer Brother

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Burnett made the right decision to go down. What hurt the team was three straight runs after that. MM should've been fired immediately after that game.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Burnett made the right decision to go down.
I will forever disagree with that, but agree that it was only one of many things that cost us that game.

People say Burnett was smart to go down, but then blast MM for being conservative after it, isn't Burnett going down being conservative?

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will forever disagree with that, but agree that it was only one of many things that cost us that game.

People say Burnett was smart to go down, but then blast MM for being conservative after it, isn't Burnett going down being conservative?
I agree however it is with hindsight.... I was thinking the same thing as Peppers at the time. I just had a bad feeling about things when Burnett intercepted that ball. I wanted him to get down too... I truly thought the Packers could hang on, kill a little clock, and get the heck out of there.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In 2006 the Chargers had home field advantage throughout the playoffs. They had gone 14-2 and in the divisional game they played Brady and the Pats. In the 4th quarter they led by 8 with 6 minutes to go when Marlon McCree intercepted Brady near midfield. McCree started to run it back but was stripped of the ball and of course Brady throws a td and then sets them up for a fg and the Pats won. Marty Schottenheimer was fired and the rest, as they say, is history.
Yeah, I understand the reasoning, but I disagree with it. He might have run it back for a touchdown too (probably not in this case, but you never know). He's a pro football player, doesn't he know how to take care of the ball? As it was, the game wasn't over, and I see not running it back as taking your foot off the gas. They needed to put the dagger in (to paraphrase Wayne Larrivee), and they didn't do it.

D

Deleted member 6794

Yeah thought it was a big mistake for TT not to resign him after 2016. Those 11 sacks he had in carolina would of been huge for the Packers that year, with hundley at qb. I believe they make the playoffs that year if peppers is on the Packers sideline instead of Carolinas in that game Rodgers came back and gmo fumbled at the Panthers 24 to end it.

I don't believe Peppers would have made the Packers a playoff team in 2017.

The defense played a terrific game for 55 minutes vs. the Seahawks in the 2014 NFCCG but deserve blame for not being able to finish it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts