Jon Ryan taking BJ Sanders punting job?

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would not put any money on Sander at this point in time, but neither would I annoint Ryan just yet. It would not suprise me if another leg or two are brought in at both P and K before or during camp.

These are probably the two most unsettled/open spots on the roster.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd be more interested in an improvement when kicking the ball inside the twenty and goal line, and I don't care who wins the job. Ray Guy's coffin corner is one lost art we may never see again.

If Sander does lose his job, we can chalk up one more third round disaster for our previous GM who shall remain nameless out of respect to a few good posters.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hopefully mike stock with his elderly wisdom(hes like 90) can help the punters out a bit.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DakotaT said:
Ray Guy's coffin corner is one lost art we may never see again.

I agree. I don't understand why kickers refuse to try and kick the ball out at the 10-15 yard line with no return instead of trying to drop it in at the 2-3 yard line and hope someone can down it there.

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I always coffin corner it at Madden :p:p Usually within the 5 yard line.. It's a lost art

(but that's because it's not possible to drop it in at the 2-3 yard line consistently)

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well there you go. Gakk come on over and try out. You won't be any worse than what they have now.

Since69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't give up on Sander - he was drafted because he's accurate. If all we wanted was a big leg we'd have kept Bidwell.

The problem with Sander is that he's actually punting worse than he did in college - with two years under his belt.

Can you smell that? Stinks like... bad coaching.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Josh Bidwell went to the pro-bowl last year because his net average was the best in the NFL, oh and by the way he also had 18 kicks go into the end zone, isn't that why everyone got tired of him in Green Bay? Sander had 2 punts go into the endzone last year.

Be careful what you ask for, you might get it. Sander needs to improve, but there was not one time last year that a bad punt made a difference in any game.

Someone tell me the difference between a punter who's net average is 50+ yards with a return average of 15, and a punter who averages 40 yards and a return average of 5.

Ever hear of out kicking your coverage?

I am sick and tired of some on this forum who think that a player who doesn't come to the Packers and immediatley become a pro-bowl player should be gotten rid of.

Competition for any position is good in training camp, but replacing a guy just because some on this forum have had it in for him since he was drafted is just stupid.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Buckeyepackfan said:
Josh Bidwell went to the pro-bowl last year because his net average was the best in the NFL, oh and by the way he also had 18 kicks go into the end zone, isn't that why everyone got tired of him in Green Bay? Sander had 2 punts go into the endzone last year.

Be careful what you ask for, you might get it. Sander needs to improve, but there was not one time last year that a bad punt made a difference in any game.

Someone tell me the difference between a punter who's net average is 50+ yards with a return average of 15, and a punter who averages 40 yards and a return average of 5.

Ever hear of out kicking your coverage?

I am sick and tired of some on this forum who think that a player who doesn't come to the Packers and immediatley become a pro-bowl player should be gotten rid of.

Competition for any position is good in training camp, but replacing a guy just because some on this forum have had it in for him since he was drafted is just stupid.

Great post. It cracks me up when I see someone have a personal vendetta against a player. One they never met. Some fans think you can't change your mind. Once they rag on the player they root against him just so they can say they were right :roll:

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:
It cracks me up when i see someone have a personal vendetta against a GM.

If you are talking about me....go back and check my posts. I will repeat my feelings for the 100th time. I think TT is doing a fine job so far. I don't agree with all his picks or FA moves but overall I think he is doing fine but only time will tell.

Now that might be a little difficult for nuttlickers like yourself to understand but that is what I've been saying. If you agree with EVERYTHING he has done to date then you basically have no mind of your own......which is pretty evident by your posts.

I like the job he's done so far but I'm not willing to annoint him a genius after one 4-12 season. Call me crazy.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
haha whoa whoa whoa my man.... no one ever said anything about you. guilty much???

nah im just busting your balls man, no need to snap on me. youve been pretty solid ever since pack66 got lost.

and i most certainly do not agree with TT all the time, i just like the fact that he has a picture in mind and hes goin for it. wether or not it works is yet to be seen, but im just buying into his ideas so far thats all. do i agree with every decision he has made absolutely not. do i agree with his technique so far. sure. so take it easy ive never jumped on you.... back on topic now

i think sanders is the punter this season and for a while. he has flashes allthough brief flashes of greatness. however i think the competition is good for him(that goes for everybody), havin someone breathe down his neck for the startin job, will either break him or make him better.

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm all for the long kicks Ryan has shown, however, he now has to do it on a narrower field as opposed to the Canadian league. I hope they both push each other so that they both will be hard to release. Does Ryan Kick off as well? We are still looking to replace a great FG kicker. On another punts are one thing, but field goals are more important.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:
haha whoa whoa whoa my man.... no one ever said anything about you. guilty much???

nah im just busting your balls man, no need to snap on me. youve been pretty solid ever since pack66 got lost.

and i most certainly do not agree with TT all the time, i just like the fact that he has a picture in mind and hes goin for it. wether or not it works is yet to be seen, but im just buying into his ideas so far thats all. do i agree with every decision he has made absolutely not. do i agree with his technique so far. sure. so take it easy ive never jumped on you.... back on topic now

i think sanders is the punter this season and for a while. he has flashes allthough brief flashes of greatness. however i think the competition is good for him(that goes for everybody), havin someone breathe down his neck for the startin job, will either break him or make him better.

Thanks for your approval of me "being solid since 66 left". I've been solid since day 1. Didn't mean to jump you but I get tired of defending my position on TT. Especially when I have supported him more than not.

BTW......if I'm confusing you with someone else regarding TT......it might just be because of your signature.........a little premature in my simple mind!